Color: Yellow Chicks|Change
Price:$26.59 - $261.48

on July 20, 2011
After couple of uses, the black plastic strap fell off.
Upon close examination, they are attached to the helmet by couple of sticky pads.

I've uploaded the resulting image so please take a look before purchasing this item.
[...]

Update 7/29:
Returned the Giro and purchased a "Bell Toddler Sprout Bike Helmet". Verified that the horizontal black strap is embedded into the helmet, and not attached using sticky pads like the Giro. I highly recommend taking a look at the Bell instead. It's also few dollars cheaper.

Update 5/31/13:
It appears that amazon has taken down my picture of the failed harness. Shame on Amazon for their biased action, and shame on CPSC for allowing this helmet to be on the market. If you have this helmet, give it a good tug on the straps and watch the harness fall apart.
55 comments|358 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2007
I bought this helmet because it was the only infant helmet available locally at the time. However, although the price is a bit steep, when you take your childs safety into account, it's worth it. At first I had a bit of a problem figuring out how to fit it to a squirming toddler. But once I did figure it out, it's easy to adjust. I have now had it over a year, and it still going great. Deedee still loves her pink bunnies. It hasn't gotten used at much as I would have liked, but I'm glad that it's growing with her so we don't have to buy another one for her yet. I like that there are several cute designs to choose from. I have heard that it's better to have a smooth rounded back vs. a back that protrudes, however I can't say that I've noticed a difference. Both of my boys have Bell helmets that do protrude in the back, and they have never complained about it when riding in the trailer or in on of the infant seats. Although this is marketed as pinch free, expect that you will pinch your child once in a while. Especially if the chin strap is too tight. Still, it happens much less often than one the older style clips. Another eason I would reccomend this over a Bell is because of the dial in the back that tighten's/loosen's the strap to the perfect fit of the head without having adjust the chin strap. A child's Bell helmet doesn't have this feature.
55 comments|172 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2008
I read a lot of different reviews for bike helmets including those of a well-known national consumer's group magazine. Our local sporting goods store has an array of helmets for kids age 3 and up, but just try and find one for an infant/toddler. Amazon's reviews were very helpful and I finally narrowed the choice down to the Bell Boomerang and the Giro Me2. Both were rated well, but the feature that got my vote for the Giro was the adjustable fit system. With just the twist of a knob (located at the rear of the helmet), the inside strap that encircles the infant's head can be tightened or loosened for a custom fit. This is particularly useful when dealing with an infant who is new to wearing a bike helmet, and therefore resistant to putting it on and fiddling too long with strap adjustments. Giro also includes some extra stick-on foam pads to help provide extra cushion and a good fit. I had the most difficulty finding the right position for the chinstrap. But I suspect with any brand helmet, it would take some finesse to cajole your infant while making the proper adjustment. My son, who is 10 months old, did not like it when I fastened the clip, but once we were on the bike, he loved it and totally forgot about wearing the helmet. I'm well satisfied with this purchase, plus with Amazon's free shipping, it was a good deal.
0Comment|186 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 28, 2009
I first bought a Schwinn helmet for my baby at Target, which I was able to adjust snugly, but the back was pointed, which made it difficult for my baby's head to lay back in her bike seat, which in turn would cause the straps to practically choke her. I decided I needed to look elsewhere.

I read some reviews of the Me2 helmet on other websites, and decided to try it out. When I got home, I adjusted it to fit her in minutes and it fit very securely and snugly (she is 9 months with a 45cm head circumference), and has a wonderful, adjustable knob to tighten it around the bottom of her skull, similar to my bike helmet. Another huge plus is the flat back so the baby can wear it in a high-back bike seat or trailer. It also has a brim in front which adds protection to her forehead.

It is a little pricey, but definitely worth it for your child's safety. For an infant around 9 months who is just starting to wear a helmet, this is the place to start. I'm not sure how long she'll be able to wear it, but I'm excited about our many bike rides together.
review image review image
on June 14, 2007
My baby is 8 months old, and although he certainly does NOT enjoy having the helmet put on his head, it fits comfortably and safely. It takes awhile to adjust it, and I suggest setting aside time for fitting it to the baby BEFORE you attempt to take him/her out as doing so right before you want to leave will only frustrate you and probably really aggravate the baby, thus lending to an unpleasant bike ride/jog. Helmet is lightweight and secure. I would recommend it to a friend, and I would also purchase another if I have another baby.
88 comments|85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2007
This helmet is very safe and sturdy. I have been using it on my 8 month old. The only issue that I have with it (and likely other helmets), is that the strap is hard to get underneath a chubby chinned baby. Especially one like mine that doesn't like anything under her chin. But, we got it on, and went for a ride. What fun!
review image
on May 2, 2011
I bought two of these (1 year old twins) helmets. Both helmets, after about the 5th ride out, started to have problems with the cinching mechanism that circles head for a snug fit. This is held on by 5 small pieces of Velcro, two of which stick to the plastic at the back, but those no long stick at all...even after trying to re-adhere with super glue. So, the remaining Velcro isn't enough to keep the "halo" on the head and ends up detaching from the Velcro, then the halo then falls down in front of their face; which leaves the boys holding up the helmet by the visor and screaming at me from the trailer. I stop fix the problem, then start off riding again. Five to ten minutes later, we are back in the same scenario. I'm no schmuck when it comes to helmets. I've worn them my entire life and compete all year in various types of race circuits. I've also worked in many shops throughout my life and have never seen a helmet designed so poorly. It's no wonder you don't see it on the Giro website any more!
33 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2008
We bought the Giro me too helmet for our son who was 6 months old. It came with a few extra pads so we added them to the top to make the helmet sit a little higher on his head. It fits great, doesn't drop while riding, and he doesn't mind having it on. It is easily adjustable with the knob on the back. The straps were a little bit of work to get the initial fit but they will stay in place. It will grow with him and is of good quality so it was worth not getting a "dome of obedience" from wal mart. It was worth paying a little more to get a nice helmet to keep my son safe.
review image
on November 9, 2015
If I could give this terrible helmet 0 stars, I would. It is poorly designed and so cannot believe it would actually protect a child in an accident. The part of the helmet that actually tightens to the child's head is attached to the outer shell with tiny, cheap pieces of velcro. During our bike ride, I noticed the helmet looked like it had come down on my child's eyes. At first I had assumed I did not tighten it properly, but when I went to adjust it, I realized the internal straps against my daughters had had become unattached from the helmet shell! When I tried to remove it from her head, the sticky side of the velcro (which had come unattached from the outer shell) were stuck in her hair and ripped chunks of hair out of both sides of her head. I am so furious that this junk is being sold for children. This is, by far, the worst and most disappointing purchase I've ever made.
on September 14, 2008
This the only infant bike helmet that I found that would fit my 6 month old baby's head
We started on the smallest setting and it was perfect.We will be able to use this helmet for quite awhile
It is light wieght and has a really nice clasp

I really like this helmet