4.0 out of 5 stars Good gloves, but seam tearing after 2 rides
Published on June 2, 2012 by LCDS Dad

3.0 out of 5 stars Good gloves for around 2000 miles...
Published on September 15, 2012 by m00nshake

4.0 out of 5 stars Good gloves, but seam tearing after 2 rides, June 2, 2012
LCDS Dad (Lancaster, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Giro Monaco Road Gloves (Sports)
I bought a pair of Monaco road gloves after good experience and durability from Giro Bravo gloves. I've been wearing the Bravo gloves for more than a year with no problems and great fit, but with the Bravo gloves, my hands were wearing out about 40 miles into rides. I wanted something with more padding. The purchase decision was based on my trust in the brand. I do like the gloves. I rode 60 miles last week, and my hands felt great. I like the pads, thickness of the pads and placement. They fit great and I like the feel, but one of the seams between fingers is tearing after just 2 rides with the new gloves. They're still usable, and I plan to continue wearing them, but I expected better durability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made & Very comfortable., December 27, 2011
This review is from: Giro Monaco Road Gloves (Sports)
I have a pair of Descente Airgel Short Finger Cycling gloves, & a pair of Sugoi gloves. But these Giros beat them all for fit, comfort & function. The padding is just right, not too thick, not too thin. I had numb palms using the Descente gloves but I had no issues with these Giros.

Do take note of the sizing issue. Based on the chart I'm a sized M but experience told me to get a L. Large just fits my hand.

The velcro is a bit on the weak side. It will hold but it doesn't give you the secure hold feeling. Also, the Pittards palm material is on the thin side, not sure how long it will last.

PS, got these as a present. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, December 10, 2011
This review is from: Giro Monaco Road Gloves (Sports)
I've gone through three or four set of cycling gloves in the last four or five years, and these are probably the best. Good padding. Good fit - snug but not too tight. Easy removal. Seem to be very durable. The leather is a treat too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Order BIG!, April 5, 2012
Old Hippie (St. Louis, MO.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Giro Monaco Road Gloves (Sports)
Not trusting any of the sizing guidelines for gloves - I ordered one size up from a medium to a large. Glad I did. If you want a loose fit - order TWO sizes up. Have a similar set of Giro gloves bought at a LBS...Giro Bravo Cycling Glove. Found out then the medium size just wouldn't cut it.

Good padding - not too much and comfortable. But...if you're like me (a veteran of that little skirmish in south-east Asia) these are made in Vietnam. If I had known that in advance - I never would have bought them. Yes...I still have bad memories.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good gloves for around 2000 miles..., September 15, 2012
This review is from: Giro Monaco Road Gloves (Sports)
I got these as my first pair of bicycling gloves. I got them in April. At the time, I was riding between 20-25 miles per day. They are comfortable gloves, but as other buyers have mentioned, make sure you buy one size larger than you measure. I measured at a large, so I got an XL, and they fit well. The fact that these are leather is a nice touch and the gel padding is adequete. I put almost 2000 miles on the bike with these gloves before they started falling apart. I took care to wash them by hand and hang dry them around once a week. But soon the padding on the bottom started wearing through and soon the gel padding was gone and the gloves had holes on the bottom. Overall, they're good summer gloves. I don't know how they match up to other gloves as far as durability because I haven't ridden the same mileage on my Giro gloves, but they were comfortable while they lasted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gloves!, September 12, 2012
This review is from: Giro Monaco Road Gloves (Sports)
After returning the first pair of gloves (different brand) because I was disappointed in the amount of or lack of padding, I was very pleased with the Giro monaco road glove. I had gone to a bike shop and tried the gloves on; liked the fit and the padding so saved $$ by purchasing from Amazon. I have not washed them yet but so far, they're great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good cycling gloves, October 10, 2011
This review is from: Giro Monaco Road Gloves (Sports)
The leather is awesome and the gloves are extremely nice to wear. The upper mesh provides plenty of ventilation and allows your hands to breathe easily. They fit very well and are easy to take off. Padding is in the proper place. The only downside to these is you can't throw them in the washer (like many other 'leather' gloves), but you have to wash them by hand. For $30+, these are a steal.

1.0 out of 5 stars Black Dye ran and stained my hands, May 23, 2013
patapotamus (Doylestown, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Giro Monaco Road Gloves (Sports)
I recently started wearing gloves and ride 3x per week for total of 10 hours. I have been through two sets of black pairs - the dye in the leather ran and stained my hands right from the start. Avoid the ones with black leather.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, June 29, 2012
Abhishek B (Conway, AR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Giro Monaco Road Gloves (Sports)
I bought these gloves because I had a pair of Giro gloves before that I loved (those were stolen). I especially bought these because they had the straps to pull when you want to take your gloves off. Unfortunately, these did not last me more than four rides. Both the gloves tore along both my index finders. Luckily the Amazon seller was gracious enough to take them back. I wonder if this is what happens when a helmet company tries to make gloves.

1.0 out of 5 stars Machine missed seam, January 19, 2013
This review is from: Giro Monaco Road Gloves (Sports)
Gloves came apart on my first ride. Stitching on top of hand. I don't even ride hard. Simply riding a hybrid on a paved path in the park with my daughter. Daughter still on training wheels. I would hate to see what a day of hardcore mountain bike riding would do to these. What a disappointment.

UPDATE!
Upon further inspection, it seems as though the machine missed the seam during stitching.
Giro customer service has sent-out a free replacement! Exceptional customer service! Disappointment turned to satisfaction.

Giro Monaco Road Gloves, Char/Black, Large