Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Outdoor Deals on HTL

on February 12, 2012
I have a problem with how either amazon or gitzo is describing all of the gitzo bags. The GC1100 was listed with the wrong dimensions, listed as 30 inches long when it's actually 25 inches long. The GC2100 will not fit this series 2 tripod as described, it just isn't wide enough. The off center column of the explorer series tripod creates a wider then normal requirement on tripod bag dimensions.

The GC3100 is also listed incorrectly.

I bought this bag after returning the GC1100 and GC2100 thinking I would have extra room which I wasn't looking forward to because I wanted a snug fit. I was surprised when the bag was a gain the wrong size but the perfect size for the weird shape of the Gitzo GT2531EX Series 2 tripod with a Gitzo GH2750QR Series 2 Magnesium Quick Release Off Center Ball Head. If you own this tripod you'll notice that the off center column creates a weird shape that requires a bigger/wider bag, this bag is the one. One end of the bag is padded, I assumed it's for the tripod head for better protection. I like the thick material, heavy duty zippers and build quality. Feels very sturdy, padding is sufficient in case of accidental dropping and there is an under the zipper flap that acts like the waterproofing mechanism, more like water resistance.

I hope this helps someone looking at this bag.
on May 21, 2011
Since I have the Gitzo GT3541XLS Series 3 Long 6X Carbon Fiber 4-Section Systematic Tripod with G-Lock and the reviews for this bag are good I figured it would be a good idea to go with a Gitzo bag as well and was not disappointed. The material used in the construction of this bag is very heavy duty and rainproof. The internal padding is very firm and thick so you know your expensive tripod/head is going to be well protected. The only weak point is there is less padding at either end so if you drop your bag on the wrong end, where the ballhead is, then there could be some problems. Another nifty feature is that the zipper opens from end to end so it's easy to get the tripod in and out of the bag. One end also has a handle as an alternative to the shoulder strap for several carrying options. The shoulder strap is also padded for extra comfort. One detail worth mentioning is that if you use the Gitzo GT3541XL in combination with the ARCA-SWISS Monoball Z1 DP Double Pan with Quick Set Device "Flip-Lock" it is going to be an *exact* fit, basically fits like a glove! There is no room to spare from end to end and if leaving the legs even slightly extended the tripod will not go back into the bag.

Gitzo GC3100 Series 3 Tripod Bag 38.2 x 7.9 - Inch.

Edit: I had to update the rating of this bag because as specifically pointed out in the original review, this bag's Achilles' heel are both ends where the padding/protection is inferior to the center. Ironically, the very next day that the review was written, the Gitzo tripod/Arca-Swiss ballhead combination took a tumble from the truck and landed right on the head. All in all a very expensive learning experience.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2010
Was worried this tripod bag would be too long for my Gitzo 2541EX. Fits beautifully with my RRS ball head mounted. Still a little room left over on the length but only a couple of inches or so. Very happy with fit, construction, and quality. Not bulky, well padded.
on July 29, 2013
this is a great bag. I spent a lot of time worried about fitting my tripod and ball head into an appropriate sized bag. Most bags looked oversized with tons of extra dead space I would never use. I actually have an all manfrotto setup.. tripod (055xprob) and ballhead (468mgrc2, a rather large head).. but this fits so perfectly it's like Gitzo made this bag just for me. With the head attached, my gear is 30.5" long. It fits into the bag with 1-2 inches to spare. The width/diameter is great too... it is gently snug, but the zipper still zips easily.

As noted in other reviews... Amazon has the wrong dimensions listed. The exterior measurements from Gitzo are: Exterior Dimensions 32.3 x 5.5" (82.04 x 13.97cm) (L x Dia)

Other than the fit.. The padding seems strong. Keep your ballhead on the side with padding at the end of the bag. The other side is unpadded where the zipper goes all the way over the end cap. The interior zipper pouch is about 10x4" and can fit a few small accessories easily. The shoulder strap is unpadded, but seems strong, is comfortable to wear, and attaches/detaches easily.
on January 30, 2010
I purchased this bag for my Gitzo Systematic Series 3 tripod. It works well. It is padded and the zipper can be open from either end. It has a small zippered internal pocket to hold the top plate hex wrench (and any other small items). I also keep my longer lens tripod collar in the bag.

I is long enough to leave the tripod head attached to the tripod.

You can carry the bag using the adjustable shoulder strap or the hand strap (with velcro to hold the two sides together).

This is a nice way to protect your investment.
on February 14, 2012
The Amazon description very clearly states that the size of this bag is to be 38.2" by 7.9". The actual external size of the bag is 32" by 5.5". It is also a fairly cheaply made bag that is very over priced. Likely because Amazon thinks it's a different model than what actually ships. If you order this bag based on the size you will be returning it.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2014
This is a sturdy and well-built bag. As noted in other reviews, the padding is asymmetric, so do be careful if using the legs with an attached head.

The biggest downside is that a larger head (a full-sized RRS, for example), it's a very snug fit. It's not that it doesn't fit, but there's no play, the zippers struggle to close, and certainly no room for anything else in the bag
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is a high quality tripod bag for the Gitzo 3 series tripods. It fits my GT3541xls with Markins M20 ballhead perfectly. It's made in Italy and seems like very good protection and build. It's a bit over-priced though so are Gitzo tripods...
on January 14, 2014
Nobody had my exact setup, so I was nervous whether my tripod and head would fit inside this case. I wanted to leave the padded bag on my RRS BH55 and I have larger feet on the GT3531. My total setup was close to 31.5" long. It fits perfectly in this bag.

If you have a setup like mine, buy without reservation.
on November 4, 2010
Great Bag, even with a huge ball head. BH-55 and ballhead protector works great with the bag. Expensive but worth every penny.