The GH3781 QR ball head performs flawlessly. It's smooth, locks solidly and I have encountered no issues using it with a GITZO tripod and a NIKON D700. Highest recommendations.
Published 3 months ago by Kyril Dambuleff

3.0 out of 5 stars awesome -- but
My current ball head is gun type Manfrotto. I'd like to match it with my Gitzo tripod 6X Carbon tripod.
At first view The Gitzo Ballhead looks really fantasitic. All the mechanical works and the appearances really
deserved the price and the notorious brand name. It was really a state- of- art products.
However a few reasons, I had to return it...
Published on February 2, 2012 by Sung Na

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly the kind of quality and perfection you'd expect from GITZO, May 28, 2014
This review is from: Gitzo GH3781QR Series 3 Ball Head with Quick Release (Electronics)

3.0 out of 5 stars awesome -- but, February 2, 2012
However a few reasons, I had to return it.

1.The knob, some people including me doesn't like this kind of precise adjusting job. You need to fix it
too tight when mount the heavy gear on it and hard work again to release it.
2.Locking system, sometimes I feel its not secure enough. Regular ball head adopts normal quick release plate.
Just put your body on the plate and click , everythings OK but this one you have to turn small bolt head to
keep it tight. Bolt's too small so when you shoot the sunrise in the cold morning you will have hard
time to tighten it with your stiffen fingers.
3.Quick release plate, it's too long compare to regular one.It might interfere the cameras battery room or other
USB slot.

My photography guru use this ball head. So I might say the choice depends on the personal taste. But if you are
like me you'll return to your familiar and inexpensive one.

Rate and Discover Movies