Automotive Holiday Deals Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now DOTD

on April 12, 2012
This book gives 24 mind exercises that would help you become a better person, from tips on how to use your strengths to overcome your weaknesses to how to love your partner powerfully! There's a mind exercise that helps you convert your negative energy to a positive and productive one. There's also a simple mind exercise that helps relieve past traumatic experiences, you'd be shocked to discover how much burden we carry on the inside from our past affects our present! If you're one of those people that is easily distracted, there's an exercise in this book that would get you focused!

The book also made mention of some things you should try if you are seeking a life partner, like identifying the qualities that you seek in a man or woman that you want to spend the rest of your life with, and working on improving your own qualities to attract the man or woman of your dreams. This particular exercise is quite realistic for the single and searching, work on improving your qualities and learn to appreciate yourself!

For those of us stressed from juggling work activities, family or career on daily basis, there is actually a meditative exercise in this book that can be done daily to help clear the mind and relieve stress. Although, there are some exercises in this book I may not be comfortable with like the spirit soaring exercise and few others.

I like the mind exercise that helps you identify your strengths and weaknesses, teaching you how to improve on both areas by channeling the energy of one area on the other. I also like the exercise that helps you and your partner achieve a stronger connection in your relationship. The exercise that enables you to be more attentive to your thoughts and environment is also great!

I intend to practise some of the mind exercises in this book that I am comfortable with, they would be quite useful!
on July 7, 2012
Chapter 1
A classic Methods that can quickly reveal Your True Nature

Do this exercise:
(TRANSORM YOUR LIFE) take this book and go to a quiet place.
Read every word out Loud.
-Close your eyes
-Imagine you on a beach
Imagine: Evening time with no person on the beach.
The waves and blue sky keeping me calm
The waves have a pattern; they all appear to be in a hurry rushing towards me to fill me up.
They all meet their end in the shore but no sooner has one wave died another comes.
The waves appear to be like my thoughts.
The waves now wet my feet.
When I move away from the waves, something magical happens.
All of my thoughts feely leave me.
All my unwanted thoughts pass by me and meet its own death.
I am at peace.
I stand before the beach with my arms out, my eyes closed..I am at complete peace.
Suddenly, I see a ray of light from the distance, it calls me, I go.
I no longer hear the noise of the waves breaking on the shore.
The stars seem to light my path as I walk in the direction of the ray of light...
Each step I take...I feel lighter as if it takes me to the light without effort.
I am taken to universal energy.

All light is within me.. All love is within me..all strength is already mine..I have at last discovered "my one thing."
In addition to this one exercise the book will take you through 24 exercises to conquer any of your life's problems.
The one exercise I loved the most was the one to get rid of my past trauma! I never thought that when my real mom died when I was five that I was keeping it inside of me. This exercise helped me to relive the past in order to be free of abandonment today! How life transforming! If it worked for me it can work for you.

© 2012 Jackie Paulson
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2012
Vish takes us by the hand and leads us through the labyrinthine mines of negative thoughts, worries, anger and envy, step by careful step. By the time we follow him through the 24 comforting exercises, we feel a big weight being lifted from our souls, feel rejuvenated and ready to face life head-on.
on July 16, 2012
Skeptical as I am of books that can claim to "Heal you in 20 seconds!", I downloaded this anyways.

The exercises that the author uses are clearly written, easy to understand and don't involve any kind of hocus pocus. You are supposed to enjoy the journey of healing, and not get frustrated because something doesn't get healed in less than 5 minutes. I have decided to use one exercise that really spoke to my inner self, and that is the one where you take a bad memory and put it in the right side of your brain, immediately you think of something joyful or happy in your life and put that in your left brain. Now when I find myself dwelling on a negative thought I can switch to my left brain and the bad thoughts go away. It's simple easy and effective.

All the exercises are good. Working through this book slowly has definitely helped me at least feel a bit better and I find myself looking forward to my quiet moments of reflection.

Many thanks to the author for his clear concise style and for sharing his thoughts and the gems of wisdom interspersed throughout the book.
on May 13, 2012
This is a good book for understanding how emotional baggage can play a negative role in your well being. I like to keep several books in my Kindle library to review when I need a boost in life. This is a great book for helping my mind understand that I need to concentrate more on the now and not on the past. Maybe not as glitzy as some of the new self help authors, but that was okay with me.
on January 23, 2013
I found that this book started off well and had some good strong tools to give up excess baggage, but it seemed to lose its appeal to me as it went a long. Even so, I found the tools I did like to be very beneficial.
on January 14, 2012
I'm german, so bear with my language... I listened to Vish before - and now, while reading his advices, I feel his love and kindness again... Yes, the lessons helped me, to get rid of the rollercoaster of my wild thoughts. Of course it helps only, if you follow the instructions... but it is easy, and gives me time for my self. I love his caring words. Wish you all the best, Laura from Germany
on August 20, 2013
I was hoping this book would offer some new insights, but it has not. It is a rehash of many similar exercises already done. It works well as a reminde or practicer if you are familiar with mind work. I was looking for more, but if you are a newbie it may work well for you. Anything you do that is positive thinking will help you.
on April 13, 2013
New-age-y and tactile is how I'd describe this book. Some self-help books concentrate on the why, but don't have much to offer in terms of the "how." This book may actually have the opposite problem. It's full of different exercises one can do to release "baggage" and attract "love and light," but it doesn't get too "deep." Well, I suppose if you're a fan of new age concepts (i.e., the universe providing, your thoughts create reality...that kind of stuff), then you may find it deep.

The exercises provided are of the "sit in a quiet place, palms facing upwards, breathe and think about how everything is connected" type thing. There are also more tactile, symbolic exercises -- which, I imagine, help one to visualize certain concepts. And you know what, in my opinion, it is good to relax in that manner from time to time. And the book does give some ideas you can think about/reflect on, during those quiet times.

It's fine. Didn't change my life, didn't offer anything fresh, but, it never hurts to have a collection of esoteric ideas to ponder when you're in the mood for a little spiritual contemplation.
on January 16, 2012
I've only had the pleasure of reading the first 2 chapters (the sample size available without purchasing the book). The first was an exercise in meditation. It teaches a way to calm the mind with imagery, first recognizing that thoughts flood the mind when you first begin, but then presenting an image to give the practitioner a method of reducing those thoughts to allow the mind to calm. A ray of light is then used to reinforce and deepen the experience. Then it reinforces the process by "bringing you back up" but then shows how to simply "take yourself down". I found it very effective. I haven't yet begun the second chapter, although I have read it and plan to work the exercise soon.