Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Give Your Speech, Change the World: How To Move Your Audience to Action
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on August 2, 2015
Just outstanding. So full of the authors experience and knowledge yet laid out in a very easy to read format. As a speaker with some experience this absolutely relaid a foundation and has given me dozens of ideas to work into upcoming situations. So glad I took the time to read this and looking forward to more of what the author has available.
on April 25, 2015
Read this book do as it says watch the reaction to the audience afterwards.
I give talks often and the tips here are some of the best.
This information works.
For example when using this process people always say to me how easy it was to follow along and "you make it all so easy to understand"
Thanks.
on June 9, 2003
Nick Morgan has a way with words. His book takes the presentation process and breaks it down into understandable chunks. He takes one of the scariest things a person can do, speak in front of an audience, and holds your hand through each step. Afraid to speak? Dr. Morgan has a suggestion. Want to know how to read your audience? It's in this book. Curious about how to boil down your message for the 'elevator talk'? This is your source. This book is a must for anyone who has given, or plans to give, a presentation.
My favorite part is the way he describes the content structure of a speech using 5 classic stories. If you want to make a memoriable, successful speech, you need to know what these story structures are...boy meets girl, quest, revenge, stranger, and rags to riches. How do you use them to prepare a great talk? well, I guess you'll have to let Dr. Morgan tell you. I highly recommend this book.
on August 13, 2012
I was introduced to Nick Morgan's book by a fellow author who thought it might help structure my speeches in a more formulaic and powerful way. (I give over 50 speeches a year and was dubious this book could help.) Boy, was I impressed. This is a great overnight education read! I literally read it in one night start to finish. With great examples from people like MLK, Kennedy, Lincoln, Reagan I was inspired to change the way I build my speeches.

As an author myself, I also found tremendous value in reading this book. If you write business books, I think the first half of this book could help you! It's a fantastic read.
on June 23, 2003
Nick Morgan, in a book that's direct and easy to read, provides tools for empowerment in public speaking. He is clearly an expert, and his book is truly fascinating and enlightening. When I began to read this book, I was unsure of where my weaknesses in communication existed. Beginning with the introduction, I quickly learned how to achieve the results I was looking for with confidence and ease, and my effectiveness in communication has improved beyond measure. I would recommend this book to anyone who feels even the slightest bit uncomfortable with presentations or professsional interaction, and I feel lucky to have found it myself.
on April 29, 2011
As a professional speaker and NY Times Bestselling author, I can tell you that Nick's techniques completely transformed my approach and helped me reach a new level. This thoughtful book offers a roadmap to deliver speeches that engage the audeince and leave a meaningful impact. Nick is the master, and his easy-to-read book helps speakers of all levels reach their full potential. STRONGLY recommend.
Nick Morgan changed the title of Working The Room when it went from hardcover to paperback. I like the new title -- Give Your Speech, Change the World. That reflects better the point of the book, that your goal in preparing for and giving a speech will reflect how you well you give it. And if you are going to give a speech, might as well decide to change the world with it. Why not?

Nick Morgan has done a careful analysis of speech-making. Many books on the subject are written by amateurs, who give some help, but often resort to tricks and gimmicks. Nick Morgan is a professional, which is probably why the Harvard Business School Press chose to publish the book. Sometimes that makes him rather didactic. Some of the things he says firmly I think are little iffy. For example, not to use PowerPoint slides at all.

But all in all, this book should be read by those of us who want to improve our speeches. (Even those speeches that viewed most optimistically will never be world-changers.) Can we all be more powerful in speaking, and in moving our audience to action? I think so. Read Give Your Speech, Change the World, and I think you will agree.
on October 7, 2007
I'm halfway through the book Give Your Speech, Change The World and can already tell that my work will be different as a result. (In good ways...)

I've read tons of books about storytelling and all of that. This book truly helps me get to the `how' of it all and allows me to think about specific ways to shape and sculpt, push and pull my language, my message, my delivery and also continually revisit my true intentions.

I live in the world in a very deep way and seek that in all I do. As an artist I desire to instigate big changes in people's hearts, minds and lives. I also long for that in my experiences of art---to be changed, to have my insides shift and rearrange themselves. I want to be inspired and nourished at these same big, deep levels. I also have a wild, active sense of humor and tons of mischief, so I'm ultimately always looking to do what I'm doing while having a good, good time.

This book is a gift, written in such user-friendly ways about large concepts and ideas. I'm giving a big keynote soon and am already having fun chewing on it in new ways as a result of Nick Morgan's influence.
on February 23, 2013
I had to purchase this book for a public speaking class and I was surprised when found myself actually enjoying the assigned readings! The concept of looking at public speaking from an audience-centered viewpoint has changed how I communicate at work and in my personal life. I highly recommend this book!
on July 7, 2004
This should be a 'must' reading, studying, practicing, emulating, in short - the bible for those who do presentations.