Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Style Name: Model - 1042|Change

on January 17, 2013
Used these chains on our Honda during our recent trip to Sequoia National Park. These went on relatively easily considering I've never used chains before. They took us up to 8000 feet during heavy snowfall and stayed on for 3 days while we drove around the park. The roads up there were tricky with a few hairpins and these worked great. The Honda traction control wasn't happy with them and kept killing power to the wheels, but after shutting off the traction control everything ran smoothly.
on April 1, 2013
Snapped on easy after figuring them out the first time. I strongly recommend buying the rubber straps for tension tightening the chains. (They don't grip easily on the road without the rubber straps.). They were valuable for the price.
on March 16, 2012
These tire cables fit very snugly on my tires, as I put new tires one size bigger on my truck after ordering the cables. They still fit good, just snug, which is how they should be anyway. I live in a "bottom" on a big lake, and the 7" snow we had this winter was no problem. I was able to get to the store despite the "all-uphill" and very curvy and unplowed roads to the store from my house. I don't know how they would hold up if I had a really long distance to travel, because the store is close. But I bought these cables for using in an emergancy in a pinch, NOT for heavy duty continious use. Probably a set of real chains would be best for that. But if you are looking for a product that is easy to put on, for light duty emergency use, in the occasional snow/ice storm, then this is the product for you !
on October 16, 2011
These cables are easy to install, and If installed properly will provide seasons of use at reasonable speeds. If you try to drive 25 or more with these on you are going to die. The posted speed limit when these are required in Ca. is 25 or less. I recommend less a then 20 mps as you may not be able to stop and the traction control device is required due to poor road conditions. Last but not least you get what you pay for so dont expect split chains at this price.
on February 15, 2014
These chains will give you great traction, but they will rust out after a day on your wheels. I ordered them for the size of my tire and wheel set, and they are still uneven on each side, so they pull over the rim and will scratch your wheels. Its a trade off for traction, but investing in a better quality chain that doesnt rust and will not damage your car is worth the investment not to have to get your wheels repaired come spring. So, if you have a set of steel wheels, or beater wheels you use for winter these are great and do the job. But you will probably have to buy a new pair come next year. I will be investing in another brand myself so I can spare myself the pain of having to get my stock wheels repaired.
on January 20, 2014
So I received the cable chains in the mail. I open them and the chains are in a nice convenient bag that you could put in your car. That's a good thing. Now for the bad: The instructions are terrible. If you've never used cable chains before, good luck figuring it out. The instructions also state to "Use red 'S' clips to secure loose adjustment cable to the other side cable as shown." There was nothing 'red' in the bag with the chains, and not even remotely resembling an "s" clip. If the set doesn't come with the clips, why doesn't it state that. IF it does, where are they? So I called Glacier Cable Chains. They're in Anchorage apparently. They gave me a phone number for Pewag who distributes the chains. I called Pewag and they asked where I lived and gave me a number to some guy named "Dennis." I called that number and it goes straight to voicemail. Never got a return call. No one ever answers in person. Last time I buy a similar item from Amazon and last time I buy anything made by Glacier Chains. Terrible customer support.
on December 23, 2012
Prius in a sudden snow in Tahoe. These did great, no tire damage, but keep your speed under 30mph. Would recommend.
on January 25, 2012
this cables came just in time. we were headed up to the mountains. we did a trial run on the fit and were very happy with this product. if you are looking for snow cables for your car, i would recommend these.
on June 26, 2014
Pros: Carrying Case. Easy to install. Easy to remove. Easy to clean. Dependable.

Cons: None.

So far these chains have met and exceeded all expectations. A pair for a front wheel drive car will help get through snow, mud and sand.
on February 8, 2013
Just got these yesterday and installed last night in about 10-15 minutes in the dark. I have a 2003 Saturn Vue, front wheel drive, standard transmission car. This car sucks in the snow and even slips in the rain. Just tried these in about 5 inches of snow that we have accumulated so far. They were awesome! I was able to drive up a large hill near me, that I wouldn't even have attempted before! They make a lot of noise on the plowed (pavement showing) roads, but no sound on the snow. I only went about 20-25mph. I would definitely recommend these to anyone who needs more traction in the snow.