Customer Discussions > The Last Story forum

So Glad I Can Buy This From Amazon

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 42 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 23, 2012 11:40:33 PM PST
R. Tyner says:
As co-leader of Operation Rainfall, even though I loved the Xenoblade Chronicles announcement, I was bummed when I learned that Amazon would not be carrying Xenoblade. Being able to pre-order the game on Amazon was a pivotal part in getting the campaign rolling.

But now it seems that I'll be able to buy The Last Story from Amazon. I love shopping here, it's easily my favorite retailer (love no taxes and the cheap shipping).

Anyway, just dropped by to say how happy I am about it!

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 3:12:04 AM PST
MegaXtreme says:
I'm pre-ordering it now. I've been waiting for this for a long time. My Wii has been collecting dust for some time now. Between Xenoblade and this, it's sure to get a lot more use this year. All that's left is for Pandora's Tower to get the nod, whether it be from Nintendo themselves or a third-party publisher like XSEED, and Operation Rainfall will be a total success.

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 7:10:37 AM PST
J. Walker says:
I agree, I wanted to support Amazon after all the Monado/Xenoblade pre-orders fell through, and now I get the chance with The Last Story! I am so happy about it all!

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 9:10:08 AM PST
Horowitz says:
I'm hoping XSEED does a Limited Edition or packs in an art book and soundtrack.

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 10:01:35 AM PST
Erica says:
Gonna pre-order right now!! I'm so freaking excited I might have a heart attack and that might be the Last of me.

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 10:19:14 AM PST
I can't pre-order right now (Graces f comes first since its only a few weeks away) but Xenoblade and Last Story are next on the list (along with Radiant Historia thanks to the reprinting (I LOVE YOU ATLUS XD) and Kid Icarus Uprising). :)

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 1:28:45 PM PST
Ditzy_yesi says:
Im kinda hoping of they do a 3rd party for Pandora's Tower either Xseed picks them up or Atlus does. Only because Atlus has been known to give out goodies for pre-ordering stuff. Also I would pre-order Last Story here but im to impatient to wait for it to come in the mail. Epically since The Last Story was the one I wanted the most out of the 3. Second is Pandora's Tower then Xenoblade.

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 5:09:31 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
Definitly great that Xseed is bringing this one over and we can get it on Amazon. I'm definitly pre-ordering. I want this one more than Xenoblade or Pandora's Tower. Tales of Graces F can wait a bit since I already have 2 Tales games in my backlog!!

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 5:38:49 PM PST
I've got in on pre-order right now. I can't wait to play this and Xenoblade Chronicles!

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 8:52:38 PM PST
D.Wyn says:
I haven't been so happy about a game getting released on a console since Super Street Fighter II on the Sega Genesis. I wanted Xenoblade and pre-ordered it through Nintendo last week, but I wanted The Last Story more than any other of the Operation Rainfall games, and now I have it pre-ordered too! I'd jump on Pandora's Tower in one hot minute if it gets released in the near future as well.

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 3:10:03 PM PST
NeoStar9 says:
I wish Nintendo had brought this out considering it's their game but I'm glad Xseed was able to work something out with Nintendo to bring it over. My preorder is already in. I do hope hey are able to come out with a Limited Edition of some kind with the extras Nintend of Europe and Nintendo in Japan offered.

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 7:05:46 PM PST
I preordered both games. It would be nice if there was a Limited Edition. Very nice!

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 7:23:57 PM PST
A. Hoag says:
Pre-ordered Xenoblade.
Gonna pre-order this too! :) Cannot wait!

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 6:38:37 PM PST
D.Wyn says:
I was curious about something, does anyone see this game, along with Xenoblade becoming a rare Nintendo Wii game, kind of like the Metroid Prime Trilogy is? I'm not asking because I'm thinking of buying extra copies to turn a profit on later, down the raod, but just in case my orginal copy gets lost, stolen, or damaged. If I had to replace mt copt of Metriod Prime Trilogy, my wallet would be screaming at me, since it's going for over $100, brand new.

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 7:14:24 AM PST
Lucanus says:
I could easily see both these games being rare like Panzer Dragoon Saga. Both will have a limited release. Personally I am shocked to see a NA release, but thrilled as well. I have both preordered and can't wait to get my hands on them. I just hope Pandora's Tower is next, though if it doesn't see a NA release I can live with that.

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 8:04:55 PM PST
pre-ordered xeno at gamestop and now have last story pre-ordered at amazon(fav place for games) throw in my tales of graces f pre-order and im in for some rpg goodness

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 9:23:21 AM PST
moogle11 says:
Me too ^^ This & Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 5:02:02 PM PST
DaniBoo says:
This just makes my day I was getting desperate enough to buy a uk wii and import the game to get it in english *L*.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2012 3:18:04 PM PST
Horowitz says:
I'm actually glad XSEED's bringing it over, as they're more likely to bundle in some goodies and they're one of the best smaller publishers along with Atlus. This reminds me of when SCEA declined to publish Demon's Souls and Atlus picked it up to publish in the west. And we're guaranteed to get good packaging with XSEED games. I don't know how Nintendo does Wii manuals these days, as it's been a while since I've bought a first party Wii game, but their 3DS games just have tiny foldout manuals.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2012 3:54:30 PM PST
I don't like the fold-out manuals either. It seems like most companies are shrinking their manuals and relying on the in-game tutorials to get the player the complete layout of all the control functions. It's not just Nintendo, Ubi-Soft and others do it too.

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 12:15:43 AM PST
pedrovay2003 says:
As much as I want to support a U.S. release of The Last Story, if there's no Limited Edition or extras, I'll be importing it. That UK version is just too good to pass up.

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 2:06:56 AM PST
Jack Coffee says:
@D. Wyn Who said that this is a limited series? Xenoblade is released only through Gamestop, so it should become rare, but why should this? Metroid Prime Trilogy is rare because it's a Collector's Edition.

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 10:11:12 AM PST
B. Ellis says:
I'm going to wait a bit longer before I pre-order from Amazon to see if a limited edition will become available. Either way, I'm definitely in!

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 8:10:33 PM PST
X. Thomas says:
Same as B. Ellis. I really really want a Limited Edition. Heck, if XSeed won't bring one over, I'll give money to both NoE and XSeed. I'm a sucker for that kinda stuff.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 12:29:17 PM PST
Yeah, I was kinda bummed that Xenoblade will be a GameStop exclusive, but regardless, I've already got both that game and The Last Story on pre-order. I really hope these games do well and I will do my part to help them be successful, because it's WAY past high time that Nintendo started treating their North American fanbase with the same kind of love they give to Japan and Europe. It really sucks having to sit on the sidelines while everybody ELSE gets all the good stuff, so yeah, I'm very excited for these games as well. Though I have little hope that Nintendo will go the extra mile and also release the limited edition bundles of either game for us, too.

Keep 'em coming, Nintendo! It would be nice to not keep having to switch over to my Xbox every time I want to play a game in this vein. Between the NES and the Super NES, Nintendo used to reign supreme when it came to RPGs. Time to reclaim that distinction!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Last Story forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  42
Initial post:  Feb 23, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Last Story
The Last Story by Xseed (Nintendo Wii)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (215)