Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

VINE VOICEon September 2, 2008
With garbage bags, one has few options. The variables are:

1) Strength
2) Size
3) Method used for tying the top

I haven't had any breakage with this bag and the size is more than adequate for my purposes. I've tried drawstrings, and they have a tendency to break. I also remember using the old ones that needed twist-ties. Those were horrible and tended to come undone. These bags use flaps to tie the top. This allows one to double secure it and they are far easier than twist-ties and far sturdier than either draw-strings or twist-ties.

The bags are large enough to be general garbage bags and small enough to allow them to be used as large kitchen-bags.

Ergo, these are my bags of choice.
on June 11, 2013
I bought these bags with subscribe and save and am disappointed with the quality as compared to the Glad bags with drawstrings that I normally use. The other thing I don't like about them is the smell. I didn't realize they were scented when I ordered them and was dismayed by the sickly sweet smell that wafts from the box. I will admit that I'm a little sensitive to smells, but I find it super annoying and icky that my kitchen smells like cheap, trash flavored air freshener every time I throw something away. I will not order these particular bags again.
on February 22, 2015
i get these all the time, they are so strong. I like handle tie so I don't have to use straps that can breat or twist ties. They are nice an big and I only have to use one a week (weel unless my sheltie decides to get a hold of it and tears it up all over ther kitchen. It's mostly full of doggie papers, popcorn kernels and cat litter. That is oh so fun to come home to after work, and then it usually takes two bags to clean it up. My border collie never touches anything that I don't give her. I accidently got the garbage ready to take out front. I had the bag open since I take it outside like that in case I find any trash that's blown by or anthing to also throw into it before I tie it once I get it ouside. I forot it one day and it was sitting open by the fornt door. The border collie in is that area while I'm gone. She never even touched it. The sheltie knocks all sorts of other stuff over to get to the bagwhen she's in the mood. They never ever breeak no mater how much weight I put into them. I use them for yard waste also, and they're also great for that. I get Gad kitchen bags also, since they work the same as the trash bags.
on December 25, 2012
I like the idea of the ties across the top for securing top closed... I have jammed a lot in bag and only tore a few times... It holds a lot and when it got a hole it was because of a sharp object... Never had one rip open and I can get them pretty heavy... Shipping is great and so is price... Will buy again but I do look for other options to try... They do beat the pull string because they have sometimes ripped out of top of bag.... It is not a green bag but until I find a green type I will continue to use...
on October 28, 2012
These are the best trash bags for the price and quality. We have been using these for about a year now, and none (NONE!) of the bags have leaked, ripped, or broken...and we go through more trash than I care to admit. Certain generic brands may be cheaper, but these are a good mid-range bag that hold up very nicely. I prefer the 30 gallon bags for our kitchen trashcan than the 13 gallon bags, or I end up taking the trash out every day. They are also easy to tie at the top. Great quality and price-what more can you ask for?
on October 12, 2015
Glad products have been in our household for such a long time. Strong, durable, well made. No complaints here. We like how the four handle ties are available to grasp. A trusted company with great products. This Glad product is what the entire household requests.
on July 16, 2014
Do you find there are certain items you always forget at the store ? I do and having all these wonderful trash bags on hand from Amazons regular delivery gives me one less thing to worry about. These trash bags are so strong and so easy to open up without tearing the bags apart to find the open end. They have the four tie ends and not a little wrapper like a bread bag. I also use them for storing some items to keep them clean. Either slip over the top or place in the bag. and they have always worked well for me. Nice strong boxes hold these bags and they are stuffed full. I will always have them on hand.
on December 22, 2015
Usually with a household item like this no review is needed. But for these I make an exception. They are strong, durable and innovative. Strong in that they have never broken open on me on the way to the dumpster or the dump (some 20 miles away). Durable in that they no matter how long you leave them sitting, be it for clothes storage or forgotten garbage, they are always still intact. And innovative in the way the ties at the top have been designed with four points that make the traditional two-level tie much easier and notably more secure when carrying. Glad has always been the leader in the industry and with this product it will only serve to enhance that rep.
on May 26, 2013
We appreciate these bags, they never tear even when we have them loaded up! We like the handle ties in lieu of the drawstring type, the drawstring hurts your hand when the bag is full. Good product.
on January 30, 2013
Around our house we throw all kinds of things in our garbage can. Nothing is worse than a hole where everything runs out of it. I love these bags and love having them come straight to my house and never running out!!

See 1 answered question