Glad you bought the 24-105mm f/4L IS USM or 24-70mm f/2.8L USM? I'm hoping to be able to purchase one of these two lenses soon, and I've reviewed the pluses/minuses, strengths/weaknesses of each and know that which is best for me depends on how I use the lens. What I'm interested in hearing are comments regarding why you are glad you bought the particular lens of the two that you did.

Thanks!
asked by K. Johnson on December 26, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
vote
I bought the 24-105 lens recently because I thought the IS would make up for my lack of a higher aperture in low-light situations. It does to an extent, but I have decided that I want the f/2.8 for other reasons. So I'm trying to sell my 24-105 so I can buy the 24-70. I do wish the 24-70 had IS, but it's really not necessary because it's just a faster lens. It really depends on your use. If you are using it for weddings, you may want to consider the 24-70 because of the faster focusing and better handling in low-light situations. If you are using it for a general walk-around lens, the 24-105 will do just fine. I love mine and I almost want to keep it and buy the 24-70, but I can't afford both right now and I need the 24-70 for my business. You can see some sample photos from the 24-105 at my website: www.sarakelley.net. Email me there if you want more input or have any questions.
Sara Kelley answered on March 4, 2010

A
vote
Hi K. Johnson-

I have been mulling over this very same thing.....I have decided on the 24-105 for a 50d.
You may find this website helpful: www.the-digital-picture.com
Has a nice review of canon lens recommendations which helped me to decide. Good luck!
T. Pfotenhauer answered on December 30, 2009

A
votes
I bought the 24-105. IK am very happy with it because it has IS. I shoot videos sometimes and IS is a must in those occasions. Overall, pictures look GREAT!!!
Eduardo A. Cruz answered on December 28, 2009

A
votes
Thanks, Eduardo! I do not yet have video (Xsi), but that's a very important consideration in the long range that I would have not thought of.
K. Johnson answered on December 29, 2009

A
votes
Thanks, T. I'll look for your review once you get the lens!
K. Johnson answered on December 30, 2009
‹ Previous   1   Next ›