Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Glamorise Women's Plus-Size Elegance Front-Close Lace Underwire Bra
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 19, 2012
This bra is a godsend for busty women with shoulder issues. I have tried on a dozen bras, mostly back-closure because front-close bras in my size (36G (US)) apparently don't exist... none fitting as nicely as this one. It provides excellent shaping and support, lifts/separating beautifully and keeps the girls in place without requiring constant adjustment (this is sort of a plunge style, rather than full-coverage, so I expected some adjusting required). There is a plastic friction strip sewn into the upper hem that assists in keeping the girls exactly how you positioned them initially, and surprisingly, it works really well without the wearer being able to feel it. The satiny material is extremely soft and comfortable, and very nice construction for the price. I have worn it for a week straight without taking it off (at 36G I have to wear a bra to sleep.... you smaller chested ladies out there, count your blessings!) and it hardly caused any indentations at all, which in my experience is miraculous. The padded shoulder straps are about 3/4" wide and are very, very comfortable without being bulky. The band is nice and wide to minimize back roll appearance, a huge bonus. I must say I was apprehensive about buying a front-closure bra in 36G because the physics doesn't warrant optimism, but frankly the construction of the bra overall along with the sturdy clasp mechanism seems like it should hold up.

Two things to note about the fit of the band here: front closure bands are not adjustable, and I wear a 36 band on the closest hook set (a little bigger than the farthest setting on a 34 band) and this particular band in a 36G fit me perfectly.

I will update after a few months of wear on the durability.

Update: I bought 2 of these and at 6 weeks of almost daily use, the white one's clasp broke. The red one is still going strong at 9 weeks. Just be gentle with the clasp and make sure you are wearing the correct band size - I think my advancing pregnancy (i.e., expanding ribcage) combined with rough handling trying to adjust it while wearing (again, due to expanding boobs and ribcage... pregnancy sucks) was too much for the clasp, but most people won't have this issue. I would still recommend this bra, just with the caveat to be gentle with the clasp. I just bought another one in the next band size up.
11 comment|110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2013
I'm 36G and finding bras is difficult. Nothing is "cute" or "simple" about bras for big busts. However, this bra fits great. Flat to my rib cage with no spillage over the top. The front clasp is plastic so you need to be gentle when taking it on or off. The cups have a nice lining on the inside that help keep you in place. The straps do not dig into your shoulders like a lot of bras. My only concern is long term wear. So far so good. Another concern is the seam across the front. It shows if you are wearing anything thin or clingy. A regular medium weight t-shirt is fine but a jersey knit or xtra thin cotton shirt will show the seam.

Hope this helps!
on August 13, 2012
Due to arthritis in my shoulders it is difficult for me to fasten a back fastening bra. That really lessens my choices.
This bra is beautiful, comfortable all day, and easy for me to get on.
I hope this style continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on October 22, 2014
The clasp in front snapped in two the first time my woman tried it on. On careful examination, this critical juncture is held together with a tiny piece of flimsy plastic. Very poor quality. Very disappointing. Not what I expect from a seller on Amazon.
review image
44 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 6, 2013
The straps are thick, and the bra keeps the ladies lifted and separated which is a godsend with a larger cup size. The band around your ribs is also thick, and it holds you nicely while not squeezing so that you get extra support and keeps everything smooth. I wear a DD, and was initially worried about the front clasp; it's now one of my favourite bras. The photo makes it seem as if you have your cleavage pushed up and in, which I feel is inaccurate. The material along the top of the breast is stretchy and a bit lacy, but it doesn't show beneath a t-shirt; even a thin one. I'm thoroughly pleased.
on September 29, 2015
Disappointed. Despite the description “The hidden comfort band cradles the bust so the wire never touches your body.” I found the wire pretty hard and unforgiving. It has a weird construction (see attached photo) where it’s like the bra is like a cupless bra, just the underwire covered in fabric, then the pad-less cups are sewn on top of it as an afterthought. You are very aware of the underwire on your ribs. I feel like this bra works best for big busts. Straps are wide and thick; great for support and comfortable but wouldn’t work under a T-shirt. This bra has mixed reviews but for me it is uncomfortable. Stretchy soft cups means that this bra in a size B also would easily fit a C or maybe even D. i.e too big.
review image
on February 7, 2013
This bra is a beautiful color, fit's incredibly well, love the ease of the front closure and the price was very reasonable. The only downside is an annoying seam line running across the cup that clearly shows with lighter fabrics and anything tight. I'd still recommend it!
on May 19, 2012
I love front closure bras, I guess I'm just too lazy to reach behind, and I've been wearing the Glamorise lace front closure bra for a while now. I was so happy to find this new style (new to me at least)and bought it in both colors. It fits very nicely and it is even more comfortable than the lace one. The wider straps are nice too. I measure out as a 36D but these two styles are more comfortable to me in 38C. I think I just can't stand the pressure of the underwire. anyhow, try it, you'll like it!
on May 10, 2013
I always buy glamorise bras because of the fit and comfort of the straps on my shoulders. I wear a 38 g and never have a problem with underwire digging into my skin. Smooth fit at the back also.
on April 11, 2014
I bought this bra thinking that it would be great but I only wore it two times and the underwire came out of it ... it was hand washed i only expect bras that have been worn a while to do this. I will be returning this bra for a refund.