5.0 out of 5 stars seriously the best sports bra I have ever owned
Published 18 months ago by Kaulika

2.0 out of 5 stars Good design, horrible sizing
Published on May 26, 2012 by E. Low

5.0 out of 5 stars seriously the best sports bra I have ever owned, January 7, 2013
There's lots of reviews here regarding size and so forth - if I'd followed the directions apparently given by the bra designer, I would have ended up with a terrible fit. I got this bra in the same size as all my other bras (which have perfect fit) - I measured around my ribcage for the band size (being sure to look in the mirror to the side to make sure that it was parallel with the floor, DO NOT add any inches, that is a myth and you will end up with a too-big band size! for odd numbers, add an inch) and then in my best fitting bra, measured around the bustline. The difference between the two numbers accounts for cup size - 1" is A cup, 2" is B cup, and so on. This method worked perfectly for this bra. YES IT IS TIGHT but it loosens a bit over time, and tight is what you want with a sports bra like this one. Now, if you have implants the method might be a little different, I don't know.

In this thing, I can run, jump, do jumping jacks, I could be a trampoline artist with this thing. I wear a G cup. Can you understand how life-changing a bra like this is? In this thing, my breasts do not shake or move at all. Seriously. I usually keep it on the tightest setting, but sometimes will let it out a bit if I'm not doing a high-impact exercise.

This is not a bra to be wearing to lounge around the house or just hang out. It is a SERIOUS sports bra for serious activity. It's designed to hold your breasts immobile no matter how much your body is bouncing around. I find it really comfortable, after the initial 'gah! this is tight!'

To reiterate: Best Sports Bra Ever. I wish I could afford to buy another one or give them to all my female friends who do high impact sports. So great.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more Black eyes for me!, August 13, 2013
Usually I don't argue with naysayers if they don't like a product, but honestly; I cant imagine any bigger chested girl who wouldn't love this product.
So, recently I embarked upon the gargantuan process of shedding weight. I'm in the gym 3- 4 d s a week, and I do yoga classes ( for plus sized girls) on weekends. AND I just enrolled in a boxing class. I have big breasts. I'm only 5 foot 4, but I carry most of my weight in my breasts and my thighs, not my stomach so I'm reasonably proportionate. That being said finding a bra that prevents my breasts from hitting me in the eyes when I'm attempting to jog on the treadmill has been a task.
So around a year ago I purchased this particular bra, and I listened to the reviews which said ORDER ONE SIZE UP FROM YOUR NORMAL BAND SIZE, and stay as close to your regular cup as possible. At the time my band was 44 so I ordered the 46 F ( which at the time was my cup size). And I gotta say; despite the fact that the cup was a wee snug- the bra fit AWESOME. All of a sudden, I could run, I could jump, I could skip and attest to the fact that the hills were truly alive with the sound of music! The inner bra lifts and directs them, and the fabric on top reigns those puppies in. The bra has been invaluable during yoga, especially when I'm on the mat and my breasts no longer melt their way into my throat preventing me from engaging in 3 part breathing...
Last week I got measured and a different lingerie shop and according to her I am a 40I, so accordingly a few days ago I ordered the a new bra in 42G and it fits wonderfully. Every woman over a DD cup that I run to in the gym asks me where I get my bras because my boobs are so stable. And...no horrible uni-boob. They stand at attention, it looks great under all my gear, and no back fat either.
So my recommendation is to,
1. get a proper bra fitting, no matter what size you think you are, your breasts change as you lose/gain/get older/have kids/ etc. Just get them checked to be sure!
2. Then order a size up in the band width. Remember it is a sports bra and its designed to hold the twins down during high impact. Try to stay as close to your cup size as possible. I'm an I, but a G in this case in accommodating.
3. go forth and sweat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice plus size sports bra!, November 26, 2011
I love the fact that you can adjust the amount of control on this bra! There are 4 different levels, and you basically change it by un-hooking the front panel and putting it into a different slot on the shoulder strap. It has a nice feel to it. While it gives you a unibreast, the control is great. You get a tiny bit of bounce on the highest setting, but not the painful kind that well endowed women usually get.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good design, horrible sizing, May 26, 2012
I ordered this product twice, first in 34DD and then when that was too big, 34D. The other bras I have are 34DD-F so I thought it was a safe bet to order a 34DD. Nope, WAY too big. Sent that back and ordered a 34D, thinking Glamorize sizing must run large. To my dismay the 34D was also too big even when the outer mesh was set to the smallest size. I know the problem is not me because the two other bras I got (Moving Comfort, 34D and 34DD) fit perfectly. I am just sending this one back because I don't have the time to keep doing this until I get down to whatever size in Glamorize corresponds to an actual 34DD.

If it had fit, I have to say it's a nice idea. The inner part is a white unpadded soft cup bra, and then there is a gray outer mesh "sling" part that fastens to the straps. It is adjustable to give varying degrees of support/compression. I also like the high neckline. It wasn't so high that I felt suffocated but was definitely high enough that there was no cleavage showing, which I appreciate for when I'm bending over to do stretches before running.

Overall, the design shows promise and if I had seen these in a store and been able to find one that fit I would have been happy with it, but as it is I had to send it back and would not buy it again or recommend to a friend.

1.0 out of 5 stars If Grandma Did Cardio, January 2, 2014
Baudelaire (Between a rock and a hard place) - See all my reviews
I remember being scarred as a child by walking in on an older relative while getting dressed. If she were still alive and doing cardio, she would no doubt be wearing this bra.

Oh, sure, in the pictures, it looks decently sporty. It's the inside where its true 1950's Playtex/Maidenform/Old Jane Russell self is revealed, with some evil cross-your-heart construction that's supposed (I suppose) to "lift and separate," but actually doesn't. Like most sports bras, welcome to Uniboob Central.

The basic idea of the two layers -- the outside layer of which clamps to the front and is adjustable -- is an essentially good one, but even at Level 4 (the highest and most constrictive of the levels), the ladies still bounced around, and that might be understandable if I had boobs as big as a baby's head, but I don't.

What finally made me return it is that thirty seconds into wearing it, I wanted to tear it from my screaming flesh. For one, it runs rather small around the band -- which (in true Old Skool Playtex fashion) is fastened in back with three hooks and eyes and is a pain in the butt to put on and take off. Second, it's scratchy. Don't know where your nipples are, folks, and I assume everyone's are a little different, but mine apparently are placed perfectly to be scratched by the seam of this bra. By the way -- why is it necessary *at all* to have a seam that runs THROUGH THE MIDDLE of a bra cup? Really? Like, that would pose absolutely no problem?

The dealbreaker, for me, was the shoulder straps. One of them (the left, in case you're interested) decided it would gouge through the muscle of my shoulder with the force of a garrote -- a scratchy garrote, too -- and what's worse, the straps didn't feel as if they were really secure on my shoulders. Mind you, I have shoulders that apparently slope at 45-degree angles, and when I become a fabulously wealthy multimillionaire, I will have plastic epaulets implanted into my shoulders so that my purse will always stay where it is supposed to be. That's why I generally love sports bras: the straps do not freakin' move. These ones felt as if they were going to, perhaps explaining the death channel the left strap was trying to carve for itself in my trapezius.

In short, I am returning this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars I tried at least 20 sports bras, July 29, 2013
Irina Cohen (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
and this one as well as the other two were the winners. I'm serious.. I purchased about 20+ bras various styles and sizes and the only three I kept are:
- this one (my size here is 34DD; I probably would be better off with 34E, but could not find one)
- Glamorise Women's Full-Figure Sports Bra #1006 (my size in this one is 34F); I'm considering switching to this bra for non-running; it has a great shape (not this one big breast; breast are separated and look awesome; you can't wear it with low cut, so for low cut, I will have to find another alternative)
- Freya Women's Active Underwire Sports Bra (my size in this one is 32 G or GG; F is a little tight); Freya is my regular brand; it is the only brand I found that is pretty, sexy, and looks good in my size

About me... a little past 40, 5-6, under 140, still somewhat athletic and feminine. I run a few times a week (5 miles at 8 min/mile) and I hate bouncing...
Just FYI.. I tried every style of Shock Absorber (will not buy this brand again), one, most expensive Panache bra, and one Royce bra; all of them are upwards of $50. I also tried most brands that sports' store carry.

Hope it helped you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bra, about to buy another one., October 18, 2013
I didn't have any problem with the bra's fit and I could jog comfortably with minimal bounce. I'm about to buy another one, not because I wore this one out, but because I've lost a lot of weight!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be skeptical...buy this bra!!, February 4, 2014
I absolutely love this sports bra. I have searched for years for a sports bra that actually offers support during high impact activities. I have never been able to find one, and as a result, have always worn two sports bras at once. This bra offers the support of two bras without the bulkiness. I wore this for the first time during the Rock N Roll half marathon in New Orleans on Sunday. I was ecstatic about the performance of this bra while I was running. It offered more support throughout the entire race than my two layered bras normally did. My chest did not hurt at all and I never once felt like my breasts were bouncing around. I am so pleased with the product that after the race I immediately texted a large chested friend of mine to tell her that she HAD to get this bra. I have two young children and have nursed both for a year each, going back and forth from a DD pre-pregnancy, larger during pregnancy and nursing and then to a C after I stopped nursing. Needless to say, these fluctuations in size have caused me to need a lot of support. I highly recommend this bra and will never use another sports bra. LOVE IT!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Runs Small, January 20, 2014
Bra was definitely small. I ordered two different bras, same size, but this one was nowhere near fitting. It need at least 2 inches more to be able to attach it properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sports bra I've had., June 5, 2012
This is absolutely the best sports bra I've ever had. I wear a size 42F and it is really hard to get good control in a sports bra. This bra really really straps you down for medium/high impact activities. I adjust the "bounce" control based on my activity (like elliptical vs. Zumba) and am very satisfied with the result. Of course this gives a bit of a "uniboob" but this is for athletic activity. It also inadvertently acts as a minimizer, so for you large busted ladies expect a giggle as you're reduced to your high-school bust size. I like this bra so much I'm throwing away my old ones and buying more.

Rate and Discover Movies