on July 9, 2006
I framed two large, poster sized pictures and unfortunately used regular glass--a mistake on my part. The room is sunny and the glare was so bad that you had trouble seeing the pictures. When I realized my mistake I started looking around the Internet for a remedy and ran into Glare Busters. I did not even know such a product existed, but I needed to do something. Basically what you do is tape off the picture frame and then spray paint an opaque layer onto the glass using a specific back and forth pattern. Very easy, very fast. It has a 15 minute dry time. It has made a huge difference, which was very noticeable where I had accidentally taped off some of the glass as well as the frame. You have to be careful to avoid streaks and drips but it is easy enough to do. In the spots I messed up, I "fixed' with another touch of the spray can so it is pretty forgiving. So far I am pleased with it. It certainly cut the glare down to about nothing. The 6 oz can label said that it was good for a 36-inch picture, which bummed me out because I had two such pictures to do and this product is not cheap--around $20 with shipping. However one 6 oz can treated both pictures with a fair amount left in the can. I can't see where you would want it any thicker than what I put on.

As I have just used this product I have no idea if it will last several years as the label states, but it seems pretty permanent to me. I also don't know if streaks, etc will show up in different lighting. If it turns ugly at night or morning sun, I'll add to this review, but so far so good.
on November 4, 2006
We purchased Glare Buster for framed artwork and applied the product in accordance with the instructions. Application was smelly but easy (tape off the frame and apply to glass in a back and forth pattern). After the application, we allowed it to dry for 15 minutes. It looked awful! The artwork now has a dull finish and looks completely washed out in any light (and it looks like there's a thick film in low light). The end result is completely unacceptable, and renders our art an eye sore.

In short, we are very disappointed. We are now in the process of removing the application, and it is making a mess. Windex, paper towels, and a razor blade are all conspiring to make what was promised to be a solution to glare, something of a disaster -- and just to get back where we started.

My suggestion to you is do not waste your money on this product because you may find yourself with an annoying cleaning/scraping project ahead of you, together with the same glare you had before messing it up with this product.

Unfortunately, I am unaware of another product that can resolve the issue. But I do know that this one is not the answer.
on April 24, 2007
Definately not as advertised by the manufacturer. Eliminates glare yes but the effect is not unlike frosted glass or blurred vision. Thankfully it comes off with a razor blade and a dry brush -- messy, messy. Serious about glare, invest in anti-glare glass instead, this product is no substitute.
on May 11, 2007
Solved my problem. Old 32" Sony glass trinatron picture tube. Took a while to get used to the picture but like it a lot now. Also, when they say spray in well ventilated area, THEY REALLY MEAN IT. This stuff smells toxic. When it dries though, there is no smell. It is hard (as I think you'd expect!) to put on an even coat that rivals what you'll see on real non-glare TV's. After taping off (masking) the TV, I'd make marks to help guide where you're spraying from side to side for more even overlapping.

Turn up the brightness and color a bit and see if you like it -- I do. You can always scrape the paint off the glass if unhappy. Give it a couple weeks to grow on you. Most people have the sharpness up too high anyway and you're just fuzzing out the imgage -- on a tv tube, you're not really loosing any real detail -- was never there in the first place. :-)