Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: GlareStomper 316 Sun Shade Visor for GPS Units
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Model 316|Change

on February 13, 2009
This sun shade really works nicely. It is large enough to really block out light from above and the sides. It is a two piece system. A narrow high temperature velcro strip that you cut into proper lengths and apply to the outer or front frame of your GPS leaving all switches, slots, etc. uncovered. The shade part has a narrow stitched in velcro strip that attaches to the velcro strip on the GPS frame. It makes a very secure and nice looking shade. The shade can be folded down and secured by velcro strips on the sides of the shade when not in use. This shade will enhance the functionally of a GPS unit. I recommend this 100%.
review image review image
on April 29, 2010
Works as advertised. I purchased this item for my Garmin Zumo 660 for use on my motorcycle, but I even use it the car. Took it a road trip, everyone thought that the GlareStomper was the greatest add-on for a GPS they have ever seen.

I can keep the GlareStomper 320 attached to my Garmin Zumo 660, and still put the unit inside the Garmin provided carrying case. I didn't need to remove any Velcro material to access the on-off button. It kinda interferes with the audio out and external antenna connector ports under the weather cap, but a little trimming would easily fix this.

I definitely give it a thumbs up!
on March 2, 2012
Inside an automobile I imagine this works great. I got it to go around my Nuvi 550 on my motorcycle. It works ok for that purpose. However in that environment (out in the wind) there should be additional strips of velcro provided to go from the bottom of one side, under the GPS and attach to the bottom of the other side. I did this myself and I'm much more confident of the sides not being lifted off the velcro attachment points along the side and top of the GPS mount. The bottom corners (opposite the velcro attachment points) could use maybe plastic stiffners in the hem as at speed, crosswinds, etc., they can blow in/out. Anyway, works great for sun in front of, overhead, or at your side - 3 out of 4 ain't bad :)
on February 12, 2012
On those bright days when you look up at your GPS for a quick glance, and all you see is glare, your GPS becomes a bit useless. I will admit, I was wondering if this was going to work or not. Well....it does...in a way. I have a Garmin 765T, and before using the product, It has become useless to see anything in bright sunlight. With my new glare visor, I have seen an improvement, but not 100%. Why not 100%? Well, there is still glare, but it is now coming off me (might have to wear all non-glare black clothes), which reflexs back onto my GPS. When the sunlight is off angle, I can see it perfectly, but coming through the front window, I still feel a reduction in my viewing, about 25%. This could be due to me wearing sunglasses, and the age of my GPS. As far as the product, my first thought it was going to block more of my window viewing, not at all. Plenty of Velcro tape to work around buttons and ports on the side of my GPS. Worth the buy.
on August 8, 2012
I have had a glare stomper on my Garmin Zumo 550 for years and while not perfect was very usable and look just fine. So when I upgraded to a Garmin Zumo 660 I ordered the Glare Stomper for it.

First off fit and finish is not up to par, the 550 Glare Stomper is shaped at the sides and holds the curves of the 550 quite nicely, also the hood length is just right, enough to block the glare from the sun but not to big to look ugly.

This one for the 660 is just a rectangle, the sides are not shaped. The bends that allow the sides to wrap around the 660 are in the wrong place so it does not hug the 660 correctly. The width is way to wide, its hard to see the screen, you could lose an inch to inch and quarter and it would still work but look a lot better. This is rough and looks butt ugly, looks like a some scape material I found and draped over the GPS.

I ended up throwing it in the bin, couldn't find packaging to return so just threw it. I ended up buying a hard shell hood from RBNS Hoods, fits perfect and looks like it came with the GPS. It was twice the money at $30 but well worth it. It does not fold has it hard shell but detaches/attaches in seconds with velcro/

Glare stomper needs to go back to the drawing board and fix the design fit issue.
on November 29, 2011
I own a Goldwing GL1800 and I also own a Tom Tom GPS. Well I bought all the mounts to install it on my handle bars but couldn't see it while riding. The Sun was the problem. So I bought this Glare helper here. Put it on and it works great. So, if you needing Glare help on your Motorcyle, this one is fine. Thanks. JOE BALLARD.
on July 7, 2010
Works very well and prevents window glare from blanking out the screen on my Nuvi 1350T. I cut slots in the Velcro strip that sticks to the outer frame to allow the 1350 to be easy removed when needed. Does its job well.
on October 29, 2010
I would have preferred a more custom form fitted rigid clip-on type of sunshade made specifically for my particular unit. However, as long as you are careful installing the adhesive strip with the velcro onto the gps unit, you should be happy with the product and how it does shade the viewing screen. I had to cut the strip that goes onto the gps unit into two pieces to place it on either side of the on-off button on my Tom Tom 430. It should really be helpful during my next drive through the sunny south, particularly Florida. I would recommend this to others.
on November 28, 2011
I use this on the Tom Tom on my motorcycle. We travel all over the country on the bike and this made such a wonderful differance. I will never travel without it again. Thanks for the much needed product.
on October 25, 2013
The Sun Shade Visor worked great on my GPS and Cell phone Carrier. Even when I wear glasses I can read my electronics with out any problems. It was a hasel trying to see where I was going on my motorcycle. Now I don't have any worries.
review image review image review image