Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 20, 2013
My partner and I have been sticking to a meal plan for some time now. Unfortunately, the plastic containers wouldn't always exactly make it back to the kitchen in a timely manner; being forgotten in a car or a desk drawer for a bit more times than I would have liked. The consequences were either having to deal with the frightening smell left behind for a little while, or just replacing the container.

I initially picked up this set as a gift for a friend. However, after getting to see them first hand, I eventually wound up with a few sets for myself. The smaller containers in the set are what caught my attention, for my specific purposes, but the large containers serve their purposes for family left overs.

I absolutely love the fact that the containers are glass; and rather sturdy at that. They can be the staging ground for a scientific exercise in neglect, then go through a pass in the dishwasher and come out good as new. No smell and no residue from something acidic or with high lipids. Moreover, they have stood up against my partner's less-than-delicate handing when he 'places' them in his lunch bag and my less-than-sure grip when I'm washing them.

The fact that they nest within each other makes storage convenient, particularly when multiple sets are involved. The added bonus of being able to use them as bake-ware only ads to my affinity for these things. They can come out of the oven, rest just long enough for the glass to cool so as to not melt the lids, then go in the fridge for the week. Are they a bit on the pricey side? Yes! However, when I consider the fact that I have yet to need to replace one and that the plastic lids have stood up for this long; despite their daily use, I consider these to be an indispensable tool.

Of final note; replacement lids can be obtained from the manufacturer's website for 'free' and the size for the replacement lid can be found on the bottom of the class container. One just has to pay for the shipping of the lids.
0Comment|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2013
I was hesitant to buy this based on some of the reviews but I have to say, I'm happy that I did. I feel like I have had the opposite experience of all the bad reviews. The first day I had them (and many times since then) I have dropped them in the sink because I'm not used to washing slippery glass and I haven't had any chips or breaks. And I don't find them particularly difficult to snap shut; most of the time it's very easy but sometimes I have to use a downward motion to get them to snap but even then, it's easy. The gasket comes out of the circular lids pretty much every time but it's easy to put back in and the same thing happens with my Rubbermaid set, also. And lastly, somebody mentioned that some of the sizes are too small. I actually wish that there were another one or two small ones. I use them for condiments and salad dressings to bring to work and would like more than one.
on December 9, 2013
I bought a set of these containers from Costco few months ago. we were about to move to a bigger house so I knew I should get a 2nd set but I didn't at the time. sure enough by the time we moved costco no longer carried the item. They had a similar glasslock product by pyrex but i noticed right away the poorly designed flaps-they didn't secure very tight. so i camo to Amazon, payed double the price and ordered myself a 2nd set. I'm so happy with these containers to this day! They're durable, the flaps seal your food airtight and it lasts a lot longer that way. These containers are my preferred choice when it comes to preserving food in the fridge. mespecially if it's a cooked meal you'd like to take out of the fridge next day, place in the oven and then you can even eat straight from it! we don't microwave, so we really abuse the glass temperature wise! well, all I can say is-this is 1000times better than any plastic container or a ziplock bag. The design is cute, they look great in your fridge, the shapes and sizes are just right. the only advice i can give is-if you're a family household get at least 2 sets. it's just me and my husband and I notice we use almost all of them. If there were kids we;re talking packed lunches etc, etc...you'll just need more than just 1 set of containers.
on March 12, 2013
I love these containers! Glass is so much better than plastic, and the locking lids keep food fresh and are convenient for transportation. I have this set from Snapware, and a set from Glasslock. As far as I can tell, they're the same design, just different names on them. I have never had any problem with these leaking; I fill them with soup and throw them in my backpack to take to the office. I wash the lids in the top rack of the dishwasher from time to time, and that has kept them clean and working great.

I highly recommend buying a big set of these; you'll want as many as possible!
on October 3, 2012
Update: Feb. 2013

Since I have made the comment below, I have decided to keep them for a while and cautiously check for more chips. I think the reality is that they are made of glass which has its nature property of breaking much easier than plastic containers. The tradeoff, however, is that glass would not emit plastic chemicals to our food. I also have Pyrex glass containers and eventually one of them chipped as well and I also got a cut from when I was trying to wipe it dry.

I know it sound obvious that glass & plastics aren't the same, but since most of us are used to Tupperware and Rubbermaid containers, we probably treated the glassware the same way.

Anyway, the containers work well overall (other than a few bandaids needed). They seal well so I can take my soup to work without the fear of spill in the commute.

__________
Oct. 2012 "Dangerous, glass chipped off sliced & my finger."

I had an older set from Glasslock, but they were not stack-able. Other than not able to stack, they worked pretty well. So, when I saw the new stack-able design, I had to get them.

However, the glass quality of pretty bad for the new design. Without dropping any of it, 2 of the glass rims chipped off. I'm talking about 2-3 inch chip from the rim in only 2-3 months of usage. The new design glass does seem to have a lower quality than older (not able to stack) version. You can hear the glass ping sounded more hollow in this set than the older ones. Ironically, I think it's the snap lid that actually chipped the glass container. NOTE: None of my older Glasslock (not stacking design) has chipped & I've had them for years.

Initially, I ignored the chip since I can still use it... until last night when I was putting the containers away, and later saw my hand full of blood from the glass cut. Since I bought them from Costco, I'm returning it.
22 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 24, 2015
It is good glass container but the design on the rubber rim is easy to store bacteria that can make you sick.
Not sure the rim can be replaced or not.
review image
on July 19, 2015
The lids are terrible. First, the packaging says "Microwave safe" all over the place, but the care instructions explicitly tell you not to microwave the lids. Second, the lids are annoying to snap on. Additionally, the size of the containers is too small for my needs. I like to put my entire lunch in one container to avoid unnecessary dishes (like I do wish my individual Pyrex containers). I am 5'6" and 135 pounds, so you can imagine about how much food I eat for lunch every day. These containers are simply useless and will be returned.
review image
on November 14, 2013
I found three thin 3/4 inch long glass shards in my smallest glass container. I saw the glass only because it was shiny and lying on top of my food. The container was never placed in the fridge, oven or microwave; maybe the glass can't withstand the dishwasher heat. The fit between the glass and the lid is also extremely tight and often difficult to snap together.
on June 24, 2013
The glass containers might be great but really can't use them because tried and tried and tried to get lids to snap on. End up using rubber bands. Didn't notice any others complaining about this but my roomate can't get them to snap either. Not worth $50 when you can't hardly use them. I'd return them if I hadn't thrown out the box.Wish I knew an alternate brand to use. Only bought this because some magazine tried out Glasslock and voted it as best glass containers. I'm still using my plastic containers because they are easier so I'm glad I didn't throw them out. To sum it up, I feel like I wasted $50.
on March 21, 2013
i shouldve listened to the other 1 star reviews. i bought these a month ago and already one of the lids has a broken snap. the product is not well made at all! its extremely difficult to snap shut the lids onto the containers. will not buy again!