5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Stop Believin'!
Published on November 25, 2011 by R. Perez

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best live in concert DVD ever
First off, the cast did a great job performing at the concert (not that I actually went to a concert). It's just the way it's on the DVD that I'm not thrilled with.

Published on December 22, 2011 by C. Flatoff

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Stop Believin'!, November 25, 2011
This review is from: Glee: The Concert Movie (DVD)
If there's one thing Glee has taught me, even at 23, is to be who you are and don't ever change that for anyone. 'Glee Live! In Concert' was the 2nd tour by the memebers of the hit Fox show Glee: The Complete First Season. They perform the best of the best from the show. There are cute little vignettes in between songs talking about Janae, a dwarf, and how she deals with her "handicap" and Trenton, a gay kid who was outed unwillingly by his classmates; they share their stories. The staging is simple but the lighting and video screens make up the theatrics.

Although it's evident that the majority of the show is dubbed, that does not take away from the magic that is Glee. The members performed as a cast as well as solos- THE WARBLERS AND GWYNETH PALTROW MAKE APPEARANCES!!

The setlist is as follows:

1."Don't Stop Believin'" - Full cast
17."Don't Rain on My Parade" - Lea Michele
18."Jessie's Girl" - Cory Monteith
19."Valerie" - Naya Rivera
20."Loser Like Me" - Full cast
21."Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" - Chris Colfer, Jenna Ushkowitz, and Heather Morris
22."Friday" - Chord Overstreet, Mark Salling, Kevin McHale, Darren Criss, and Harry Shum, Jr.
23."The Safety Dance" - Kevin McHale
24."Empire State of Mind" - Full cast
25."Somebody to Love" - Full cast

Highlights of the show for me include Santana and Mercedes' rendition of RDMH, the Cast's rendition of BTW, and Kurt's IWHYH.

This is the perfect gift for any Gleek this holiday season!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best live in concert DVD ever, December 22, 2011
This review is from: Glee: The Concert Movie (DVD)

To begin with, it's labeled as a "documentary" concert film. Meaning they do interviews with fans throughout the movie. I wouldn't mind a little bit of "my favorite character is..." at the beginning before the concert starts, but the constant back and forth throughout the movie is distracting from the concert, imo. The interviews with the cast should stay, but the ones with the fans should go (or at least go on the special features).

Another thing I found annoying is the fact that most of the songs on the DVD are not in the order they sang in the concert. Also, while Dog Days Are Over and Friday are on the DVD, they are only in the special features part, not in the actual movie. If the songs were good enough to be performed in concert, why were they not good enough to be on the live in concert DVD?

Also, somehow I had expected the Jane Lynch scenes to be in the movie, but no, they're just in the special features.

Basically, I would have given this an A had it been more like the Taylor Swift live in concert DVD.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, January 28, 2012
I just watched this on Amazon Instant video and I am disappointed. First of all that the special features from the DVD are not included on the Instant video, second, I feel like I missed out because of the fan stories. Why would the fan stories cut into the performances? I missed the beginning of three performances because of the fan stories. And while they were good stories and spoke to how good Glee is about celebrating our differences, I felt they had no place in the film. I wanted to see the concert, just that, from beginning to end because I love Glee. I wanted the movie to be as close to experiencing the real thing as possible. I thought I missed this at the theater, but it turned out I didn't miss much. Boo!

1.0 out of 5 stars What a waste of money, January 10, 2012
Julie L Robottom (Melbourne, Victoria, AU) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Glee: The Concert Movie (DVD)
I purchased this DVD to watch Glee in concert not fans rabbiting on about how Glee had changed their lives. If I wanted that then Ryan should have made a DVD on fan's reactions to the show and concerts to purchase separately. So much great song material from all the episodes to date and we get just a handful on this DVD and some were even cut short. I had no chance to see many of the individuals that make up the talent that is Glee performing music from the series. All we got again was a handful of them. Talk about being ripped off. This was even worse that Glee Encore where at least all the songs were sung without breathless interruptions of "Oh my favorite Glee character is Kurt because he is so open about how he is gay and it gave me courage to deal with my sexuality" Ummmmm tell someone that gives a toss because I don't. All I wanted is the characters performing the songs they are now famous for and that definitely did not happen. Thumbs down big time. I wonder how many copies they would have sold if the trailers were merely glee fans chattering on this and that. Zero. If I had seen this at the movies instead of waiting for the DVD to be released not only would I have asked for my money back but I would never have wasted time and money on this pathetic piece of work.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not all about the concert, March 25, 2012
Having seen the concert live, I thought this would be a great thing to have as well. Turns out it's not what I expected. Nearly half the movie is spent on like three fans and not enough on the concert. If your thinking this would give you an idea as to what you missed, its not the case. As a gleek, its good to just throw into my collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Damilee, December 31, 2011
Where was Sue Sylvester? She was shown on the trailer but not the movie. Other than that I enjoyed every minute of the show. I could feel the crowd. I'm an old lady now but in my younger days I went to several concerts and I could feel that connection again while watching the crowd enjoying themselves so much. If you are a glee fan I would highly recommend this movie.

3.0 out of 5 stars This was a concert?, December 28, 2011
This review is from: Glee: The Concert Movie (DVD)
While I was thrilled to see this in theaters last summer (because I could not afford to go to the nearest stop on the tour), I was really looking forward to this DVD. I thought surely one of the special features would be the ability to watch the concert without all of the fan or gleek stories interspersed throughout. No such luck. While I was happy with the performances I was really looking forward to being able to see the whole concert.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always great to be filled with GLEE!, February 10, 2014
Eugeboy "EugeBoy @ Large!" (Boise, Idaho, United States) - See all my reviews
Something about well harmonized voices covering songs from my past that just feels uplifting. These guys do an amazing job. Well worth the watch for any age.

5.0 out of 5 stars glee concret movie, January 31, 2014
This review is from: Glee: The Concert Movie (DVD)
I love watching and seeing the concert. I have become a fan of glee and I just can't stop watching

5.0 out of 5 stars Glee, January 30, 2014
This review is from: Glee: The Concert Movie (DVD)
I loved the movie. It was everything I exspected. Glee is one of my favorite shows:) I give it two thumbs up

ARRAY(0xa50b8ccc)

Glee: The Concert Movie (Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy)
$24.99 $13.67