Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day

on November 15, 2011
1. "All I Want For Christmas Is You" Featuring Amber Riley (Mercedes)
What can I say? Amber nailed it once more! Big, sassy, and amazingly talented, she makes any song amazing! NO exception here. 5/5

2. "Extraordinary Merry Christmas" Featuring Darren Criss (Blaine) and Lea Michele (Rachel)
A glee Christmas original! What more can you ask for? This song is everything: upbeat, fun, and perfect for Rachel and Blaine! 5/5

3. "Santa Baby" Featuring Naya Rivera (Santana)
Naya Rivera + Any song = Amazing! Her voice is rich, sexy, and perfect for the song. Only issue: the tempo is a little off in my opinion. But an amazing song nevertheless! 4/5

4. "Christmas Eve With You" Featuring Jayma Mays (Emma) and Matthew Morrison (Will)
I've always been a fan of Jayma Mays and Matthew Morrison singing more songs, and glee certainly delivered! A beautiful duet! 5/5

5. "Little Drummer Boy" Featuring Kevin McHale (Artie)
Perfect song for Kevin, and a great christmas classic. 4/5

6. "River" Featuring Lea Michele (Rachel)
Lea delivers one of her best performances on this song, and its a perfect addition to an almost otherwise Rachel-free christmas album. 5/5

7. "Do You Hear What I Hear?" Featuring Lindsay Pearce and Alex Newell (`Glee Project')
The Glee Project contestants Lindsay and Alex do amazingly well together on this song, and its a great christmas classic. 4/5

8. "Let It Snow" Featuring Darren Criss (Blaine) and Chris Colfer (Kurt)
Pitch perfect, Chris and Darren deliver another holiday favorite in a way only they can! 5/5

9. "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" Featuring Mark Sailing (Puck), Cory Monteith (Finn) and Samuel Larsen (`Glee Project')
This is the boys' song, and it is a funky christmas classic! 4/5

10. "Christmas Wrapping" Featuring Heather Morris (Brittany)
Brittany is so fun, and this song is too! Lovely if you aren't the original christmas music lover! 4/5

11. "Blue Christmas" Featuring Damian McGinty (Rory)
Damian is such a rich singer and it shows through in this wonderful song. Perfect for the holidays! 4/5

12. "Do They Know It's Christmas" Featuring Cory Monteith (Finn), Amber Riley (Mercedes), Lea Michele (Rachel), Chris Colfer (Kurt), Kevin McHale (Artie), Heather Morris (Brittany), Mark Salling (Puck), Jenna Ushkowitz (Tina), Naya Rivera (Santana)
A glee group song! Perfect and inspiring, this song concludes the album perfectly. 5/5

An all over amazing album from Glee! A perfect addition to your house and just in time for the holidays!
BUY BUY BUY!
on November 15, 2011
The challenge with standard Christmas songs is that they have been sung in both traditional fashion and revamped styles many times by many artists. Often, there is a specific version that seeps into your heart and is attached to memories that get you in the holiday spirit. And therein lies my problem with the Glee...Christmas Album, Vol. 2 CD. There are four songs that are worth mentioning:

1. "All I Want For Christmas" opens the CD with an excellent performance by Amber Riley. This version is wonderful for a younger generation who may not be as exposed to the song as I am from Mariah Carey. Amber is AMAZING! (Can't wait for a solo CD from her!)

2. "Extraordinary Merry Christmas" - As one of two original songs on the CD, it is sung beautifully by Lea Michele and Darren Criss. The song is both upbeat and fresh mainly because of its originality.

3. "Do You Hear What I Hear?" - This rendition of this classic is ethereal and angelic just as it should be. I am pretty impressed with newcomers Lindsay Pierce and Alex Newell.

4. "Let It Snow" - I enjoy hearing Chris Colfer and Darren Criss sing together. This rendition is jazzy and playful, and the arrangement is wonderful.

Glee...Christmas Vol. 2's other songs are either mediocre or were sung and arranged too well by artists in the past. Other recordings such as Joni Rivers' "River" and Eartha Kitt's "Santa Baby" were recorded before I was born, but they capture a holiday essence that I don't detect in most of the CD. Still, Glee...Christmas Vol. 2 has its audience and is geared more toward pop music lovers from 1 to 22 and fans of the show. For them, I hope it brings a Christmas nostalgia for years to come. ~HAPPY HOLIDAYS!~
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 13, 2011
I was so excited to see that a new Glee Christmas album had come out that I didn't really take the time to listen to the song snippets that they usually offer. Big mistake. This album only has a couple of songs that I really enjoy. The first album is amazing start to finish, so this one was a real let down. Make sure you listen to each of the song portions before you decide to buy.
on November 25, 2011
I just got the CD on Black Friday and there are some good songs on it! Lots of Christmas classics that everyone loves. Honestly, I like the first Glee Christmas album a bit more than this one, but I definitely don't regret my purchase because I'm a die-hard Gleek. ;) The songs make me excited for Christmas; this album is worth buying if you're as Gleeky as me!

EDIT: Okay, so I watched the "Extraordinary Merry Christmas" episode. All of the songs in the episode were familiar and from this album, except for "My Favorite Things," which I absolutely loved. Why is that song not on the album!? Last year, "Welcome Christmas" was left off the album -- a little bit disappointing. Additionally, according to my iTunes, the two songs I've been listening to the most are "All I Want For Christmas Is You", "Santa Baby", "Christmas Eve With You", "Christmas Wrapping", and "Let It Snow". The rest...I haven't really listened to that much. This wasn't the case for the first Glee Christmas album. So overall, I'd recommend that you go on YouTube and listen to all the tracks BEFORE buying this album...and just buy only your favorite tracks. I don't regret buying the entire album, however, because they're still good for listening at holiday parties, passing the time while baking, or while doing any other Christmasy activity.
on December 7, 2011
If you're looking for some great Glee Christmas music, start with Volume 1. Although there are some good tracks on here, overall the album is disappointing with too many unfamiliar tunes.
on January 15, 2012
I bought this CD because my husband and I have enjoyed the music from Glee and thought we'd feel the same about their Christmas music. Well we don't, it's too much like Glee, strangly enough. It's very modern, songs are cutesy, and we much prefer traditional Christmas music.
on November 28, 2011
"Glee"'s second Christmas album is a textbook example of how a single aspect of production can undermine the rest of it, no matter how well-chosen. Because the song choices for this album are better than those for last year's, and the choice of singers is at least as good (though the total neglect of the very talented Jenna Ushkowitz in favour of the various "Glee Project" people is both absurd and more than a little insulting), but the arrangements devised by Adam Anders and co. consistently undermine the work of his vocalists.

Several of the songs suffer from being too fast, having too much instrumentation, or both. "Santa Baby" by Naya Rivera (track 3) is an example of the former; Rivera is ideal to sing the song, but it's considerably faster than it should be, robbing the classic of its languid charm. The point of "Santa Baby" is to draw it out, but the music producer has done the opposite of that. "Let It Snow", the second Christmas duet between Chris Colfer and Darren Criss (after the success of last year's "Baby It's Cold Outside") is the other major casualty, being both too fast and too loud. Perhaps they wanted to make it more tonally distinct from "Baby It's Cold Outside", but the effect does not work. "Santa Clause Is Coming To Town" and "Christmas Wrapping" are both fairly generic Christmas songs.

The two original songs, "Christmas Eve With You" (with Matthew Morrison and Jayma Mays) is okay, but nothing special. "Extraordinary Merry Christmas", featuring the show's golden geese, Lea Michele and Darren Criss, is a rancid disaster. It is easily the worst original song the show has ever produced, exceeding even "Light Up The World" in horribleness.

On the more positive side, the big group number, "Do They Know It's Christmas?" is a strong one, featuring several of the show's best singers sounding very good. "River" and "All I Want For Christmas Is You" are also pretty good. And, while I stand by the assertion that the featuring of "The Glee Project" people over the show's regular castmembers is an egregious choice, two of them (Lindsay Pearce and Alex Newell) have what is easily the best song on the album: "Do You Hear What I Hear?"

This balances out to be a merely okay album, disappointing given its potential at a glance.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I'm one of those people who doesn't like listening to Christmas songs until I'm baking cookies. I then put on my headphones and bake away. I listened to this album twice while baking and I must say a lot of the songs are pretty romantic. I almost wish they had made this just romantic Christmas songs but the collection of songs works well anyway. This would be perfect to give to someone you love. It will make them feel warm, cozy and loved. While listening I baked the Peppermint Candy Shortbread Cookies from Small-Batch Baking: When Just Enough for 1 or 2. . . Is Just Enough!

~The Rebecca Review
on May 30, 2014
The music itself is very good and definitely worth owning. The product in general was in perfect condition and it was obviously new. Would definitely recommend.
on March 15, 2014
Another hit from the cast of glee, these people all have amazing voices. We listnen to this CD a lot during the holidays.