5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Show
I loved the first and second seasons of Glee, and I believe that season 3 continues with the same standard.

The musical numbers are all very diverse and dynamic with some really great vocals coming through from the more minor characters as well as the main stars of the show.

This season dealt with some very important and relevant topics in today's...
Published on July 6, 2012 by MegStewart121

3.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive to buy!
Published on July 31, 2012 by Edward C. Clarity

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Show, July 6, 2012
This review is from: Glee: Season 3 (DVD)

This season dealt with some very important and relevant topics in today's society and does so in a tasteful and delicate manner.

It also goes more deeply into the background and plot of a few characters, with some surprising and shocking twists.

I will definitely be buying this DVD because I enjoyed it so much, and because it is a great show with an extremely talented cast

5.0 out of 5 stars A riveting season!, June 25, 2012
This review is from: Glee: Season 3 (DVD)
This season keeps giving great twists, laughs, the music is better, and it build towards an even more exciting 4th season. My only complaint is that that Terri who is one of the most interesting characters didn't make an appearance and neither did Gwyneth Paltrow. I would like to see a lot of the storylines get tied up in a more conclusive manner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, July 16, 2012
This review is from: Glee: Season 3 (DVD)
Loved this season very very much. It showed so much more insight into the characters instead of just their time at school. I was disappointed in the lack of Klaine interaction.....but what Klainer wasn't. Doesn't mean that I liked this season any less, however. I'm so excited for this to be released and I'm looking forward to season 4 on TV!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this show!, July 10, 2012
This review is from: Glee: Season 3 (DVD)
I love this show! Always have and always will! I don't understand why people think that it's the worst season. I loved it. It had drama, surprises,happy and sad moments, and everything you would want in a show. I will definitely get this season!

4.0 out of 5 stars Like Season Two, For Better or For Worse, August 16, 2012
This review is from: Glee: Season 3 (DVD)
As season two did, Glee had it's ups and downs. But one thing that Glee did bring episode after episode was continuity, a problem that the show seemed to struggle with after season two. You might argue that not each episode had continuity and no, each episode didn't. But season three seemed to tie the show together. After the mess of season two, which had certain characters being spotlighted week after week and had no continuity whatsoever (or only when it was convenient to Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan), season three will delight and surprise fans in that matter. Glee is picked up where season two should have been, explaining all fans wanted to know about Puck and Quinn. Where their relationship stands and their child. We see both a vulnerable side of Puck and Quinn, who were barely featured in season two even as regulars. We also find out more about another neglected character, Tina. Tina has been featured for a good portion of season one and only at the beginning of season two. But it isn't until the fun episode "Props/Nationals" that we find out how neglected she feels. The writers even joke about their lack of continuation of her character in the "What Did You Miss/Catch Up" portion of Glee, before the episode airs. Her episode is fun and witty, almost making you forgive the writers for neglecting such a fantastic character as Tina and gives Jenna Ushkowitz, who plays Tina, a chance to shine. Another pro about season three is the incorporation of the parents. While we have met Finn, Kurt, and Quinn's parents in season one and two, we now find out about some of the other parents of the members of New Directions. Throughout the season we are introduced to Rachel, Santana, Sam, and Mike's parents as well as Blaine's brother. Each set of parents bring a new element to the storyline, which makes for an interesting plot. While these are all pros, there are some cons that come with season three (as all shows do have cons. First, the excessive amount of tribute episodes. While I did love some of the tribute episode Glee has aired, I found there to be too many tribute episodes this season. Against Ryan Murphy's own statement of how their would be no tribute episodes, their ended up being at least four tribute episodes this season. Some of the tribute episodes were ridiculous and seemed like an excuse for writers block while others were emotional and important to the overall theme of the show, such as the Whitney Houston tribute. Another flaw this season had? The incoporation of The Glee Project winners and runners-up. The timing of when the characters should be included all seemed out of place and awkward. For instance, Joe Hart, played by Samuel Larsen (TGP runner-up), came in right at the end and his character seemed forced in because of their requirements to include him in and out of place to be in the finale of the show. But for what it's worth, the characters were an interesting addition to the show and possibly foreshadowed a future Glee club. Like season two, season three of Glee had it's ups and downs. Their were memorable and unmemorable moments but it's a season worth treasuring.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive to buy!, July 31, 2012
This review is from: Glee: Season 3 (DVD)
$60. Blu-ray version! I have the two first seasons and will wait until next year when it's on sale at Target or Best Buy. The third season was the weekest to me with an awful ending. Unless big changes are made the show will flop out in it's 4th season. I think the honeymoon is over for many of it's fans. I don't want this show to end. There will never be another like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Oh Glee you used to be a five star show no questions asked., June 16, 2012
This review is from: Glee: Season 3 (DVD)
I used to think this show was such an inspiration to youth but now it just seems like a bad after school special. Don't get me wrong season three of this very quirky show is very enjoyable, and this is someone who could not give two craps about ships. I personally could care less for any of the relationships on the show and I find it quite pathetic that people are giving this a one star because of a cut scene. Cry me a river, this show has so many cut scenes in general everyone should just be aware of that. You're definitely not the only ones that have stuff cut.

While this season does have its low points: I Kissed a Girl's quite offensive coming out storyline for Santana as well as On My Way's really brutal yet honest take on teenage suicides. I understand why shows may want to dive into these kind of issues but this is Glee. This should not be done in what is marketed as a comedy first and foremost.

Now on to the great stuff. Rachel Berry is as fierce as ever this season and while the marriage plot with Finn was stupid and a low point of the season the mature decision they made in the finale was really telling of Rachel as an individual character as well as Finn. I loved the entire episode of Yes/No, I thought Will's proposal to Emma was probably one of the most creative and memorable proposals in TV History but the moment was ruined by Finn's very rash proposal to Rachel.

Kurt is great as a character alone and his boyfriend Blaine is good as well, though I find the couple very boring. They barely have any drama and if they do its just wrapped up by the end of the episode. Blaine I feel is just a doormat.

I enjoyed the usage of the rest of the characters. Standouts this season were as always Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester, Lea Michele, Naya Rivera, Jayma Mays whom made me cry twice and Cory Monteith.

This season had lots of feelgood moments, from New Directions finally taking Nationals, Will and Emma finally having sex after three seasons as well as Finn and Rachel, Rachel's spectacular solo at Nationals as well as more memorable moments, collimating in the Graduation episode.

I am very much looking forward to season four of Glee and where all the characters go from even though I know that most characters aside from the ones in Lima and Rachel/Kurt/Santana/Finn will be guest stars.

This season is not better than season one, because season one is gold for the most part. However, it definitely has brought Glee up a notch from the abysmal season two.

Overall the season is a 4 out of 5.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pricing Discrepancy, February 3, 2012
Amazon Customer (Colorado Springs, CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Glee: Season 3 (DVD)
First off, love the show.

That said, can anyone explain why this season is:

A. Priced +$20 over the previous season

B. Priced +$5 in DVD version over the Blu-Ray version?

Complete seasons of any given TV series have a price point. This is breaking it. Yes, making the Blu-Ray cost less than the DVD "might" encourage more Blu-Ray purchases, but NOT if you do it by pricing the DVDs above the "retail" Blu-Ray price. Production is getting easier/l;ess expensive, not the other way around.

Please reconsider your retail pricing, and return to the industry standard. You're good, but you aren't THAT good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finale, May 23, 2012
This review is from: Glee: Season 3 (DVD)
So I am obssessed with Glee. I love everything about it, I have EVERY song they have ever sung, even Brittany's cup song. Anyways, last night was the season 3 finale and let me say, I was so mad. I thought it was the worst finale ever and I am so unimpressed. The rest of the season was really good and I loved it, just this finale ruined it for me. If you have seen seasons 1 and 2 than you won't be disappointed. Still the drama of everyone loving each other's girlfriends and boyfriends, a few twists, a lot of laughs, and amazing songs this season.

3.0 out of 5 stars I never thought I would one day write a negative review about Glee, June 20, 2012
This review is from: Glee: Season 3 (DVD)
Before I get my head bitten off by some people, I want to start by saying that I used to be such a hardcore fan of this show. Season 1 was a solid A and back then, I used to see the show as a precious jewel.
However, season 3 was disappointing on so many levels that I won't be able to say everything in one review.

1st point: character development.
Sloppy and incomplete, no matter which character.
Contrary to what some fans believe, yes, there is such a thing as too much Blaine. They didn't even develop Kurt and Blaine's relationship, they just kept featuring Blaine in songs over and over again.
Kurt, however, was not sufficiently developed, not nearly enough. I won't spoil the finale, but his own story ends with a letter that will influence his academic future, and yet we never find out how he will handle the news. Don't get me started on the NYADA decisions which I still don't understand.
I also think that about 98% of the Glee fandom will agree with my next statement: too much Finchel.
Rachel and Finn have always been major characters, since season 1, but their relationship has gotten so annoying and cringe-worthy that it's exhausting. Finn's wedding proposal ruined the "Yes/No" episode, because it appears as if he's only resorting to this because he feels useless and irrelevant in other parts of his life. Don't even get me started on the moment when he said out loud that he had nothing positive going on for him in his life while Rachel was sitting right next to him. Major jackass moment. I felt sorry for Rachel on several occasions throughout this season.
As for Rory, well... Glee has got to stop adding new characters just to make the actors or the audience happy if they're not going to make them remotely relevant.
Last but not least... I was disappointed to see that the season 3 finale ended with only Rachel, instead of a group number. It sends the message that this show is not about the New Directions, but about this one character - which is not what the show was about at the start.

2nd point: plot continuity
Absolutely appalling.
Quinn's accident - episode 14 ended with such a major cliffhanger and we waited for 7 weeks to find out what had happened to her. What do we get? A BLAINE ANDERSON episode.
Now, don't get me wrong, I love Darren Criss. I loved him in A Very Potter Musical/Sequel (I'm also a huge Potterhead) and I think he's a remarkably interesting and lovable person in real life. But there's a difference between developing his character and over-displaying him while disregarding more important plot events.
Also, there's a screenshot going around the internet that shows Artie literally standing up during another character's performance. It probably happened too fast for me to notice it during the concerned episode, and I will have to re-watch it to be sure that it really occurred, but this was a major fail.

3rd point: song selection.
Now, don't get wrong, we had the pleasure of witnessing some wonderful performances this season. The Troubletones mash-ups (gold star to Rumor Has It/Someone Like You), Will's wedding proposal to Emma, and a few others made me very happy.
However, there were also some terrible choices.
(Side note: I literally cringed and yelled "No!" when they performed the One Direction song. But I reacted the same way when they covered Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black in Season 2.)
I was really excited when I heard that they were doing a Michael Jackson tribute episode, but the performances disappointed me to a great extent. I loved their rendition of Thriller in season 2 because it was fresh and original, but the songs in "Michael" were just poor covers. I actually fast-forwarded through a few songs because I was relentlessly bored.

You can't imagine how much I wanted to love this season. I really did. But if we have to go through 2 bad episodes before every good episode, it's no longer worth watching.
I will watch season 4, because I still have hope for this show, but I am genuinely scared that Ryan Murphy and the other producers will make the same mistakes.

I miss the old Glee! :'(

Glee: Season 3 [Blu-ray]
Glee: Season 3 [Blu-ray] by Lea Michele (Blu-ray - 2012)
$39.99 $18.00