Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Glee: Season 1 [Blu-ray]” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save over 90% off the $69.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Glee: Season 1 [Blu-ray]
|Additional Multi-Format options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Prime Members||Per Episode||Buy Season|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
1. They started selling Volume 1 before the entire season was complete. If you think about that for a minute - how were they going to sell a "whole" season DVD if the shows had not even aired yet? How can you be surprised that you would then be faced with a choice at the end of the season between buying the full season in one set or having to buy Volume 2? Other shows have done the same thing, like Battlestar Galatica. Sure, they do it to make money - to hit the market while the shows are hot - but the fault is really the consumer. If we all stopped buying these 1/2 season DVD's, they would stop selling them. You KNOW they are gonna release a full season DVD at the end of the season. Heck, even if a show is cancelled, they still release it on DVD to make extra money. Be patient.
2. Volume 2 is listed here on Amazon for pre-order and they are giving a discount to anyone who bought Volume 1, if they buy the whole season 1. Don't make it sound like you are being forced to buy the whole season now. You have the option of getting Volume 2, or getting the full season at a discount.
As for the show, I love it. The writing and dialoge is well crafted and the characters, though somewhat stylized, are believable. I will admit, that the last couple shows seemed to lose a step and allowed the music to become more important that the storyline - so, hopefully now that the urgent competition is over, the story lines would be allowed to grow.Read more ›
This is a perfect collection for ANY lover of musicals!
So, in short, if you want to buy the complete Season 1, do it! Glee is an amazing show. If you only want the back 9 episodes, order "Glee: Season 1, Volume 2 - The Road to Regionals." And finally, do not make critical reviews until all information is released. It negatively affects te sales of good products.
~ Edit 6 Jan 2011 ~ a little more detailed information about the product:
Only difference that I can find between this product and the full Season 1 standalone set, is that the giftset comes with a journal. The 7 disk box set is the same as the non giftset version. When I compare the extras listed on the Disk contents list inside the box, they are the same extras as those on the non giftset version. The back of the Disk box reports that the contents are 974 minutes long - unlike what is reported on the Amazon listing for the giftset.
The journal is approx 8 1/2 inches tall and 6 1/4 inches wide. It has a hard cover. On the front and back of the cover are little square pictures of the cast, each of them making an "L" sign with their fingers, for the "L" in the word GLEE. The inside of the journal consists of (approx 100) indentical blank lined pages, with the word GLEE printed in the bottom corner of each page. The letter "L" of the word GLEE is made up using a generic hand. There is also a black ribbon attached to the journal, to assist with marking your place. The journal could be used as a diary/journal or just as a notebook for writing in. It is nice, but you wouldn't want to spend too much money on it.
Hope this helps
The show is incredible, the production values are amazing, and there is nothing even remotely as good on TV right now. Relax, enjoy, and gleek out!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I didn't think it was possible for teens in highschool to be more unlikable than they naturally are in most cases. Read morePublished 5 hours ago by Linda B
I can't believe I'm just watching this now! So good. I can't wait to finish the series.Published 3 days ago by Jayne Santayana
Love watching this show all over again. Such wonderful story lines and the music is so beautiful. These kids are so talented.Published 6 days ago by Anja
Loved the show when it was on the tv and now I can watch it anywhere and anytime.Published 8 days ago by debora lapham
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|I'm Mad Are You?||
Fox IS releasing a season 1, vol. 2 after all:
Jun 16, 2010 by Armchair Commentary | See all 33 posts
|Does this blu ray have spanish subtitles||
Yes... as well as French, Portuguese and English.
Oct 4, 2010 by Emmitt A. Morgans | See all 3 posts
|Sue's Corner on Blu-Ray?||
I definitely haven't found any "Sue's Corner" segment apart from the ones in the episodes themselves. I do see that a number of websites have this listed as a special feature, but unless it's a very hard-to-find easter egg... I don't think they're there.
That's unfortunate because I...
Oct 4, 2010 by Emmitt A. Morgans | See all 3 posts
So.......is this worth to buy? or just to buy a normal edition [blue-ray]?
Dec 2, 2010 by Cui Minghong | See all 3 posts
|digital copy||Be the first to reply|
|Spanish?||Be the first to reply|
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > TV
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Musicals
- Movies & TV > Music Artists > Stephen Lynch
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Musicals
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Fox TV > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Musicals > General
- Movies & TV > TV