Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 24, 2010 11:41:20 PM PDT
i dont like glenn beck. i find him interesting because he's getting filthy rich giving paranoid history lessons on america and god. however, he really seems to believe what he says.

that being said, i am truly impressed that every time he recommends a book it goes to #1 within a day. its quite impressive and i have to give him some respect for having loyal followers.

its actually quite amazing.

Posted on Jun 25, 2010 6:16:41 AM PDT
FreddyM says:
Least we do not know what? If a book sits idle on the sales listing, and one man advocates the read of this book sales skyrocket to the #1 within a day, there must be many thousands of persons that view Mr. Beck on TV/radio. Perhaps your data is in error, "paranoid history lessons" is the number one tool of the late Lenin and Mao's brainwashing tool box. Both perpetrators of genocide that exceeds the death toll of all wars combined.

You may be confused. What is occurring is the Rebirth of America. What I did yesterday is more valuable to what I might do tomorrrow. Liberal connotations have nothing to do with political left demagogues.

Posted on Jun 25, 2010 6:45:05 AM PDT
I have not read this book as yet, but after reading some very interesting reviews, both positive and negative, it has whetted my appetite for reading this obviously controversial book. I plan to read it and after doing so, will make up my own mind as to its veracity. Regarding Joseph McCarthy I know nothing about him except that he has been excoriated by the Left. That alone motivates me to read the book, wondering what it is about him that they hate.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2010 3:45:32 PM PDT
Same goes for Oprah. I think when you share a philosophy with someone else -- whether a public figure or someone in your personal life -- you are interested in their reading recommendations. A lot of people like that Glenn Beck is more oriented toward a political philosophy than a political party. You can agree or disagree with him, but he presents and discusses some interesting philosophies. The few books he has recommended that I have read have been very good.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2010 9:17:46 PM PDT
Beth says:
To be more precise, there's about 2 million viewers of Mr. Beck, making him the 3rd most watched program. :)
Source:
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/06/25/cable-news-ratings-for-thursday-june-24-2010/55384#more-55384

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2010 7:14:30 PM PDT
MimiDRN says:
Yes, Beck is getting rich by waking America up to the nonsense and suppression going on in this country generated by the Progessives. The Obama-backed, lame-stream media won't do it, so good for Glenn Beck! Keep watching and listening...to the truth; you can also see it in the Canadian and British press.

Posted on Jun 29, 2010 11:26:46 AM PDT
Vol Fan says:
I plan on reading this book because all I ever knew about McCarthy is what I was taught in school and what I've been told by the media. I want to find out the other side of the story. I like to learn both sides before I make up my own mind.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2010 11:35:16 PM PST
Sami Glick says:
... and what makes you think the contents of the "book" will be media-free? One can never make up their own mind unless they experience the event first-hand. Otherwise you're just selecting the source you'd rather believe.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2011 8:15:12 PM PST
Hmmm....FreddyM forgot to take his meds last June!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jun 24, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 10, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Blacklisted by History: The Untold Story of Senator Joe McCarthy and His Fight Against America's Enemies
Blacklisted by History: The Untold Story of Senator Joe McCarthy and His Fight Against America's Enemies by M. Stanton Evans (Hardcover - November 6, 2007)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (250)