Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Glentronics PL-1 Intelligent Plant Light
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on October 9, 2013
The light works well. The hints about its use with various plants is helpful.

But, the 9 volt transformer gets quite hot as long as the light is plugged in, on or not. It can be somewhat painful. I only use the light for 8-10 hours a day. The rest of the day it is unplugged.
on November 12, 2010
I have owned 3 of these. This will be the last one I own. The first one the bulb went out. I bought another bulb but it still did not work. I bought another bulb and the unit still did not work. So I bought a whole new unit. Two months later the light went out. I wrote Amazon and they replaced it with a new unit. Everything went well. They took the old one back that was not working. I plugged in the third and final unit and it worked perfectly. I have had this unit for maybe less than a week and the light is not working again. I will never buy this again. Although, it is a great idea it just doesn't work. Wouldn't buy!

T. G.
on April 30, 2012
I purchased two of these plant growers. However, the bulbs of both died less than 6 month. I thought the bulb life should be 10,000 hours. What a disappointment! I searched for the replacement bulb and found it cost around $20 after shipping and handling. Way too much for a simple bulb. After doing some research, I found the Osram Dulux S/E 9W 600 lm (connector type 2G7) to be a perfect replacement. It costs only about $4 each. I hope this is useful to others.
on June 23, 2013
I'm sorry to say, it was a very nice unit to have while it was working. After 2 months it's dead. Not at all impressed. I think my
Amazon days may be short lived. Buyer Beware, It cannot be returned after 30 days.
on December 13, 2010
I've tried to grow kitchen herbs but struggled in the past. With in 3 days of putting new seeds under this light, they were growing like weeds. The water sensor is great so I don't over water accidentally and I use the raised texture base filled with water to act as a natural barrier to keep ants from getting to my planter. In my previous atempts to grow herbs, small ants would take over my plant and eventually kill it. I want to eat these herbs so pesticides are not and option. I gennerally can't grow or keep anything alive but this light has changed that.
on April 3, 2016
Unfortunately, the many reviews concerning the breakdown of this product are correct. We have two. They set up and worked correctly initially and made my orchids happy. But after 9 months for the first and 6 months for the second, they stopped turning on more than an hour a day. Nice concept to match a real need ... but a shoddy execution. Simply not worth it.
on November 11, 2014
Worked great for about 30 days before the entire unit died. Replacing the bulb and other attempts to take care of any minor problems failed. It wasn't worth the money. Spend more or check reviews for a better one.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2013
I ordered a replacement light bulb for my plant light from Cool Stuff Cheap. I received the bulb quickly and in perfect condition, however, it didn't want to work in my light. So, inside the box with my invoice was a note stating to contact Glentronics directly if I still had an issue. I called Glentronics and spoke to a really nice guy who told me he would send out a new bulb. A few days later, I received a brand new plant light with an extra bulb! Pretty nice! It works perfectly! Excellent customer service!
on July 18, 2010
Plant light works well. It is nice that it is on a timer that changes with the seasons. The only problem occurs when the electricity goes out. This screws up the timing device and you have to wait until the next day to get it back on track. This means unplugging it and remembering to plug it in the next day. Also, it is only good for plants of a certain height such as African Violets or small orchids.
on April 12, 2010
I bought this light for an office without windows and liked it for a small plant. But, when the light bulb burned out in about a month I found that there is no generic replacement bulb and their replacement bulb is $12.95. You can only find the bulbs online so you have to factor in shipping, too. Do the math. You will spend enough in one year for replacement bulbs to make buying fresh flowers from the grocery store more convenient. I am junking it and getting out while I can. Expensive lesson in checking out replacement parts before buying something.