Glider Slim Magnetic Window Cleaner
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- This unit is for panes between 1/8"-1 " (12-24mm).
- Dimensions of the Glider: 9 inches x 1 3/4 inches x 3/4 inches thick (Handle side is 2 inches thick).
- Includes 2 microfiber polishing cloths.
- Cleans both side at once.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
My biggest wish - That it came with a couple of sets of pads. After 1/2 of my big windows, anything after was nothing but smudge city. Note the tips I figured out to help with that...
**There is a long string and loop attached to the base that goes outside, in case it falls*** (I didn't remember seeing this noted anywhere but was pleasantly surprised when it came and it had a string)
Tricks to handling:
- Remove the pads and rinse them in the sink after each pass on your window(s), then go for another round or 2 on the windows. May still see some light smudging in the end, but for me, its better than dirty/pollen ridden water spots.
- Do NOT just yank off the pads that go on either side of this thing. The velcro on the product will come off too. Peel the pads away from the velcro on the bases.
- Do NOT pull the 2 sides directly away from each other. This is actually noted on the product documents. The magnets pop right out. You will be amazed at how strong those puppies are! Key is to turn one side (like a clock) to slide the magnets apart and then both sides will come away from the window.
I think this invention is a really good idea in general.Read more ›
That said, the product works "OK". I bought it because I was on the third floor of a highrise about 40' up and the building didn't hire anybody to clean the outside of the windows. It looked like fogged glass at some points in the morning.
The biggest issue you'll have with this is getting the thing to glide in a smooth motion. Even with slow arcs the magnets make the thing jump and skip in a stuttering motion a lot of the time. I feel like there's a lot of room for design improvement - maybe make the squeegee portion longer (it's about 1/8th of an inch off the plastic housing) and add some tiny casters so it rolls over windows instead of relying on surprisingly high-friction cloths.
It did, in the end, get the job done. You might want to put on a larger safety rope than the dinky one they included if you have larger windows (to get the entire window you'll have to almost close it with half of the device on the outside, so account for double the width of your window at the very least), but after a few attempts the windows were clean enough.
So if you can't get at your windows from the outside without hiring a scissor lift, this isn't a bad option.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fast seller, product as advedrtised. Magnets come out occassionally and that can be a PIA.Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer
We received the Glider Slim magnetic Window Cleaner with no problem, good packing, evething in perfect conditions, good service I reccomend you evething okPublished 20 months ago by Guillermo Lagos
It's not the easiest thing to use, takes some practice. It falls off the window frequently which is frustrating and a piece broke off one of the time I dropped it but I'd still... Read morePublished on December 13, 2013 by Olivia Esh Radziak
it looked like it was the best on the market, plus the most expensive. the first time we used it, the 2 magnets that are on the slim piece just came off. Read morePublished on November 1, 2013 by Ricky W
The magnets are super strong and so you have to be careful when using them. It doesn't clean the windows perfectly but it is the best thing I have found other than a professional... Read morePublished on September 23, 2013 by Jacqueline L. Tillotson
this product is amazing! very well designed and built to last - I hesitated at first at the price, but if you really want to get both sides of your windows so clean it looks like... Read morePublished on September 3, 2013 by 2ruse