Customer Discussions > A New Promise forum

A Glimpse of the Divine from a real setting...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 14, 2007 1:59:29 PM PDT
Andrea says:
The imagery of small town/rural farm life serves as the backdrop to this engaging story. As a former farm girl, and current small town dweller, I can say with confidence that Julie Eller portrayed this slice of dying American life in a very poignant and truthful manner. With every adjective she applied to a character and in every scenic description offered up throughout the story, the reader is RIGHT there in rural America. Reading this book is akin to taking your own 'trip into the country', with the Holy Spirit guiding your adventure. Indeed, one's faith and hope is strengthened as this tale evolves! Julie Eller obviously enjoys a close and lasting relationship with her Heavenly Father, a fact that shines through the dialogue and the tone of A New Promise. Julie has a gift for creating believable and endearing characters. I eagerly went into the heart of each character -- I felt the problems facing the children who grow up on farms or in small towns, which survive through agriculturally based businesses like farming and ranching. I understood the encroach of 'big city' types coming into the countryside in ever increasing numbers to 'get away' and claim their own piece of disappearing, placid countryside. I felt what it was to trust God fully, even when you question your own future... All of these things, and more, are woven into the overlying tale of a family torn apart by Huntington's disease. This book will strengthen your faith and renew your hope that American families can be restored with God's help!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  A New Promise forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Aug 14, 2007
Latest post:  Aug 14, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
A New Promise
A New Promise by Julie Eller (Paperback - September 11, 2007)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (17)