Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Glimpses of Eternity
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 11, 2011
In May of 2010, when my aunt was dying, I experienced many of the things that Dr. Moody talked about in his book... only his book was not out yet. I felt confused and alone because I had these amazing things happen and there was nowhere for me to go to find out more information. I just discovered his book in May 2011, and was so glad to read it. I finally felt validated that what I had experience was real and I finally had a name for what I had experienced.

As for the book itself, I really did enjoy the stories and would have given it five stars except for two things. The stories were all relatively short...just pieces of stories, really. After my experience I really wanted to read in depth about others who had experienced the same thing I had. Additionally, I did not care for the parts where Dr. Moody would explain that he was doing an autograph signing and someone came up to him to tell their story... most of his collection seems to have those kind of explanations and they are irrelevant to what I wanted from the book. Still, I have to express my gratitude to Dr. Moody for naming the "Shared Death Experience" phenomenon and sharing these stories.
on August 28, 2011
I can understand if atheists say that Near-Death Experiences are hallucinations. They very well could be for all we know. The problem I have is when they start talking about MASS hallucination, which is the comeback to this book for the atheist community.

I don't agree with the theory of mass hallucination (more than one person seeing something that isn't really there) because what are the odds that someone hallucinates to begin with? Not everyone sees ghosts, goblins, unicorns, aliens, Jesus, Buddha, what-have-you. Out of that fraction of people, what are the odds that 2 or more people will have that at the same time? The chances are staggeringly low!

In Glimpses of Eternity, Moody and Perry have written a book about multiple people sharing one Near-Death Experience. In my mind, this is the kicker for the Near-Death Experience market. It certainly helps prove that there is more to the afterlife than thought possible. The big comeback for atheists and the scientific community against NDE's is that the dying person just had a lack of oxygen...well....people who are alive share NDE's (which is what this book is about) with people that die even though they are still breathing! In fact, 9/10ths of people are in fight or panic mode when they are near a loved one, so they would be more alert and the farthest from hallucination than anything, yet they still see the things!

To me, this book is just another piece of growing evidence that Near-Death Experiences, God, and the afterlife exist! This is definitely a book to be checked out..either from a library or through an actual purchase.

John McAdam, author of:
Enoch and the Extraterrestrials
on January 9, 2011
Raymond Moody has taken the study of near-death experiences (NDEs) to the next level. While skeptics makes unsubstantiated claims about the medical condition of people self-reporting NDEs, it is much harder to explain how two or more people can have the same experience simultaneously. After all, only one of them is in stress. Highly recommended for anyone interested in serious discussions about NDEs.
on July 14, 2013
Simply put. If everyone on this earth embraced the truths testified to in Glimpses of Eternity the world would be a better place. Why? Because, 1) There is no need to fear death. 2) Those you care about most: those you love, you will see again. 3) You are known and loved eternally. 4) Who you are and what you do matters. 5) Nothing is hidden. 6) What matters most is how one treats others.
I have hope. I believe it is only a matter of time before the evidence of Near Death Experiences and Shared Death Experiences will transform every aspect of society: education, health care--from babe to aged, criminal justice, political priorities, and social programs. We still put too much emphasis on externals: beauty, wealth, power, intelligence, nationality, religion, a person's sex, and age. Glimpses of Eternity offers proof that the body is a temporary shell for an eternal spirit. Moody respectfully presents one shared death experience after another. As I read I was struck, once again, with the folly of pettiness, worry, rage, fear, any form of prejudice, or extreme partisanship. Our stint on Earth is a temporary learning experience. We are all in this together, we simply need to do what we can to help one another. Life is not meaningless. Who we are, no matter who we are, matters.
on December 5, 2013
Profound and mysterious and gives me hope! This book is an easy enjoyable read but also a completely fascinating one that is why the pages turn quickly. Raymond Moody does a good job of citing his own theories on life after death and shared death experiences whilst also documenting many incredible experiences of people he has interviewed.
on March 10, 2011
Having been a fan of Dr. Moody since I read "Life After Life," I ordered this book as soon as I heard about it. I have been with 4 different people as they passed into eternity, and I recognize in "Glimpses of Eternity" one of my own personal experiences. It is such a relief to have Dr. Moody's research validate what occurred when my brother died. The book offers such a comforting message for a time of mystery that we will all face sooner or later. I think the book should be read by everyone because we never know if we will find ourselves sharing a death experience of a loved one. The personal stories of his contributors are touching and fascinating. I recently read Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back and I find some parallels in that book and "Glimpses of Eternity" that support some of my own preconceived beliefs.
on May 13, 2011
I had sort of a near death experience a very long time ago, when I lost my faith in YHWH. What these people describe is very similar to what I experienced. There was an extremely bright light and it emanated more love than I have ever experienced. There are no words to describe what I felt throughout by whole being in the presence of this light, it spoke to me telepathically in a language I didn't recognize but I immediately understood everything it was saying. There is more to life, death and our abilities then we truly understand. I recently lost my fiance we were having problems and he took his own life. I have been absolutely distraught. I have never questioned my faith since my own experience but I was unsure of what his experience would be. This book gave me great comfort in knowing that The Father can read your heart and he is a merciful and loving. I plan on purchasing this book for a family friend who suddenly lost his wife. I think it would be a wonderful addition to any Sympathy Basket.
on April 1, 2016
Ray Moody's first book," Life after Life" opened an entire field of study on what happens to us as we die. This book talks about these events from the perspective of family members and others who have shared the experiences of the dying. Shared visions and shared life reviews open the hereafter to our minds as well as our hearts, giving us insight into the process of passing from this life into whatever happens next. The stories are touching, and the effect of these shared experiences on those having them is convincing.
on April 13, 2014
I expected more from Dr. Moody. It's kind of a "re-hash" of what others have written on the subject. I'm a Raymond Moody fan (been at his seminars and read all of his books), so I had hoped for something more than "After Life 101".
on November 27, 2010
This is a relatively quick read. The majority of the text is given over to firsthand accounts of people who have shared an otherworldly death experience with the dying. These accounts represent only a small fraction of such accounts that have been recorded throughout history. And because of the volume of documentation, these shared experiences cannot be written off as hallucinations or drug reactions or lack of oxygen, etc., as those who want to discredit the experience, have claimed.

It is pretty persuasive evidence that there is a life after death. This is probably one of the most inspiring and comforting books you will ever read. Authors Moody and Perry deserve our thanks.

Recommended.