Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 17, 2010
I purchased this for a 2nd grade science fair project. Glo Germ is kind of expensive, but my 7 year old wanted to be in the science fair, and I needed a simple experiment or demonstration that he could do. I also liked the fact that this got him excited about hand washing. My son tried to determine whether warm or cold water was more efficient for washing your hands. I think his results were inconclusive, but his display was the hit of the science fair. We covered a large box with a black cloth and brought a uv light. Some parents and kids applied the glo germ, washed their hands and came back to check if they'd done a good job. Other kids just wanted to rub it on and see their hands glow. His project had a lot of visitors, we had a lot of fun with this product, and my kids are now (slightly) better at handwashing!
on June 4, 2010
I bought this with the "powder" version to see which would be better to use. I needed them for a project involving germs on hands. I was disappointed in the gel-version, as it didn't glow as well as the powder. I would recommend buying the powder over this gel product.
on October 7, 2013
Used this for a science project for 1st and 2nd graders.

Great tool to show how proper hand washing is important. You really need a strong black light to see the glow though, so we made a dark box which helped view the "germs" in a bright classroom; just the black light wouldn't have shown up without it.
on May 17, 2016
We used this for my son's science fair project to test which brand of hand soap works the best. This stuff is awesome! We used it 10 different times and barely made a dent in the bottle. I purchased a UV flashlight here off amazon and it worked perfectly. Also, this stuff actually photographs with the glow, which was great so we could print out the photos of his results for his board. It came wrapped in its own plastic bag so no worries about spillage during shipment.
review image
on January 4, 2013
I really enjoyed this particular product because it really worked. For it to really be effective you need to let the product dry adequately before you use the UV light. I had my own UV light and it worked just fine. The product was wonderful and the children/teachers I used this on really loved the visual it gave. You really need to be in a very dimly lit area for the gel to work because if you use it in a classroom with the lights on, it will not show up as effectively. I recommend using a big shoebox with a cutout in the top for a dark representation. Would definitely use it again and recommend it to a friend. I only needed 1 bottle for 100 first grade children.
on June 9, 2016
I am a Health teacher and I use this product to teach proper hand washing in my classroom. All you need is a small black-light and you are good to go! I put a drop in each of my student's palms and have them rub it in. I then show them under a blacklight the glowing "germs". I then have them wash their hands like they normally would, then show them how many "germs" are left. My kids love this activity and it is always fun to do!
VINE VOICEon December 15, 2015
This was a great find for teaching my Cub Scouts how to wash their hands. Recommended to me by an EMT friend when we were working on the Wolf Adventure - Germs Alive. This was much better than the glitter the book recommended because the boys couldn't see it until after we'd done our game and then the "germs" were everywhere! We also had a great lesson on how hard you have to wash your hands to get clean and where the germs are trapped. Great stuff!
on February 19, 2013
My classroom loved this!! We had them put it on at the begining of class and after other experiments were done we used the black light to see all the "germs". They used the sinks in the student bathrooms and then after used the black light to see what was left in those sinks. These kids I believe were temporary germaphobes.
on July 14, 2016
I bought this for a Sunday school lesson for young children to teach them the proper method of hand washing. First, I had them put this on then wash their hands and put it under the blacklight to see how many "germs" they had left. After the instruction of the correct method of hand washing we repeated the activity to see how the children improved. I knew of this from a health class when I was in middle school where we used Glo Germ to show how germs and infection can spread so fast. This is a wonderful method of teaching that is clean. Unlike glitter it does not get everywhere. I recommend this to anyone. I like this one over some of the other products because it rubs in so smoothly.
on November 7, 2014
I have used glo germ in the past to help with hand washing skills, but this particular glo germ formulation does not produce the bright orange I remember. It is a bit difficult to see, which defeats the purpose.