Top critical review
89 of 96 people found this helpful
Promising, but not quite there yet
on October 25, 2009
I have to agree with PR. This product shows promise, but the delivery isn't perfected yet. A few things to note:
1) There is no help system, either within the program or on-line. Clicking on the "?" yields a message that you should e-mail tech support. Not an efficient way to provide basic help.
2) There is also no user manual. There are some YouTube videos on-line, but they only provide superficial information.
3) Some people may be interested to know that after installation, you cannot uninstall the program using the Control Panel add/remove feature. You have to manually uninstall it, using a "4-step" procedure that they will e-mail to you (but which actually contains only 3 steps).
4) When using the Timeline feature, I get repeated error messages that shut down the program. I have e-mailed the details of this error message to technical support. The only response I got was "The only thing I can think of is to uninstall and reinstall the program." Which I did, and which did not solve the problem.
5) There is no detailed FAQ that presents information about using the program or solving specific problems.
6) I have found numerous places, particularly in captions for pictures, where the English grammar is faulty. It's almost as if they were written by someone for whom English isn't a first language.
7) There is no reference list: who were the contributors, who exactly did what, what are their qualifications. The bulk of the material is anonymous.
Having said all that, I have to admit that I like the program--I think it's a good idea and very appealing. It needs a lot of work and "fixing", but I'm willing to give them time and see what they can do with it. There have already been several updates since release, so I'm hopeful that those will start to solve existing problems relatively soon.