Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on March 19, 2009
I love this compilation, if you love house buy this! It's not for trance/techno fans but if you're open minded you will still enjoy it. It's funky, fun, and fresh with some serious beats and bass. I've been listening to house almost my whole life, and house fans will enjoy.
on April 20, 2009
I don't understand the one-star reviews. I can sort of understand if we're just talking about CD 2, but seriously, do you always expect to the double-sets, purposefully made for varied effect, to be equal in quality very often? You can pull out plentiful examples of top-tier DJs with double-CDs where one or the other is the clear leader.

And that's what you get here: CD 1 is an exhilarating ride, and one in which Felix is showing off serious talent and obviously playing with the sounds and with the audience. CD 2 isn't nearly as enjoyable to me, but CD 1 more than makes up for it.

I am a little annoyed by the first track on CD 1, It's House, but from Thick as Thieves through to Maximal MNML it builds up really nicely, then Who Killed Sparky seems to start phase two which is the buildup to the phenomenal spoken part at the end of Outrage and then Tweak (which quite literally describes the process he uses throughout this set rather than the practice of tweaking).

After Tweak if you peaked too high then you're going to miss the games the DJ plays through the cool down tracks. It's also interesting to play this CD with simple stereo speakers and a bass centered well in the room because there's a lot of really skillful positioning of the sounds spatially, and it's amazing what he does with simple stereo output.

The only thing I wish is that Felix Da Housecat had restricted himself to say an 8 track mixer. Sometimes I could swear he did because it's a surprisingly minimalistic album from that standpoint. It seems at times that he's playing with only a few sounds and stretching, pulling, and bouncing them all over the place.

Highly recommended: Enjoy a DJ showing off serious skills.
on June 15, 2008
I BOUGHT THE CD BECAUSE I WENT TO SEE FELIX PLAY AT DEBONAIR IN CHICAGO RECENTLY AND HAD A REALLY GREAT TIME. IM NOT GOING TO GIVE YOU A VERY DETAILED REVIEW BUT I WILL GIVE IN MY 2 CENTS.
CD 1- VERY MINIMAL, TECHY , NOT VERY CATCHY, IT FEELS LIKE FELIX TOOK ALOT OF BANDWAGON MINMIMAL AND THREW IT TOGETHER. I READ THE CD BOOKLET AND SAW IN BIG CAPITAL LETTERS A QUOTE ABOUT NOT PLAYING CHEESE AND PLAYING "REAL" UNDERGROUND MUSIC WHICH BRINGS ME TO THE POINT THAT THE CD SOUNDS LIKE HE WAS TRYING TO PROVE THAT HE PLAYS UNDERGROUND HOUSE MUSIC, WHICH KIND OF IS CHEESY IN ITS OWN WAY.

CD DOS - ELECTRO ELECTRO ELECTRO, ITS FUN , ITS CORKY, ITS NOW. I LIKE THE FACT THERE ARE ALOT OF MELODIES AND SEXY VOCALS. MY FAVORTITE TRACK FDH -RADIO (SHINICHI OSAWA REMIX) THAT SONG IS THE BEST SONG ON THE WHOLE COMPILATION. (WELL FOR ME AT LEAST :) THE MIX BETWEEN JACK YOU AND BLINK IS VERY TIGHT AND THE TRACKS JUST MIX TOGETHER SO GOOD THAT YOULL FIND YOUR FINGER ON THE REWIND BUTTON.

TO SUM UP THE WHOLE CD I SAY THAT IT COULD OF BEEN BETTER BUT IM HAPPY THAT GLOBAL UNDERGROUND IS TRYING SOMETHING NEW AND STAYING AWAY FROM BEATING A DEAD HORSE. TIMES ARE CHANGING AND SO IS MUSIC. I GIVE IT 3 STARS. TRY TO CHECK OUT FELIX LIVE ,ITS A GOOD TIME.

IVAN
WWW.NORDJS.COM
on January 25, 2012
The GU series has its highs and lows but even the "lows" throughout the diverse GU catalogue have some merrit. How this one made the cut baffles me. When there is so much tallent out there, this comes across as desperation. I know dance music has evolved into a peak/tweak phase of scratchy repetitive monotony compared to what the GU series started out showcasing, but why was it necessary to feature an entire release of this tediousness? Thankfully GU has rebounded from this misstep. Like a few other reviewers, I gave this one a few listens before abandoning it without reconsideration. I understand dance music is constantly evolving and the purpose of GU has been to stay on the cusp of the international music scene, but this trend of tweaking has taken a turn I'm not getting. My apologies to those who understand and appreciate this digression from what GU has so dutifully and perfectly kept apprised of.
on August 13, 2010
I finally own the entire Global Underground collection, 01 through 38. Some I adore and listen to regularly and some not so often. Unfortunately, GU34 will stay on the shelf indefintely.

I found Disk 1 uninspired and monotinous. It didn't really seem to take me on any journey. Disk 2 was almost equally anemic in its content. I may have sensed a journey starting, but it went nowhere for me.

I really wanted to like GU34.
on July 19, 2008
I enjoyed the first disc its whats hot right now.
The second disc though is terrible i forced myself to listen to four times thinking it was just me but Its just really boring global really lost its groove since danny howells miami album If you want sure thing label go get all of the balance series its hit after hit.
on August 6, 2008
This is a great mixed up compilation of good house and minimal house.

Last weekend we were at the camping village of Nature One. And we played this CD's the hole time.

It was a great time there with the finest of electronic music.
on June 16, 2008
It totally sucks!! OK - how much more simple of an explanation can I get??? I can't believe how LOW Global Underground have sunk over the last several remixes. #33 was bad enough. #34 - I can't even get beyond the first 4 tracks of side one without vomit juices shooting up the back of my throat. Is it only me that thinks the rats are deserting the sinking ship in the Global Underground 'family of recordings', or do others feel the same way??? Nothing is worse than this compilation! GU should be ashamed! Let's get them back to real, truly "progressive" dance music!!! Huge mistakes were made by getting rid of the likes of Sasha and Digweed, Anthony Pappa, Lee Burridge, Danny Howells (my own god of dance music!!!!) Freedland's Mexico release was quite good. After that - forget it! And if they ever put out another James Lavelle collection, I will quit being the completest of GU releases and embark on my own "let's destroy GU" crusade....Enough is enough guys and gals!!!! This release from Felix is complete and utter CRAP!!!!!
on December 4, 2008
Not much to say except this is definitely the worst GU produced.
There are some great tracks, but Felix Da Housecat lacks the talent to put those track together. Some tracks even sound like he needs to go take a music lesson.
on June 12, 2008
Just when you thought Felix has lost it, he always comes back and shows you that he is truly on of the best. Lately, alot of Felix's CD's have been hit or miss, but this double CD is great. Both disc's jam. Classic house,Tech,Glitz,Disco it's all here. If your a fan of Felix, buy this CD now. The CD packaging is amazing, this should be the future of CD jackets.