4.0 out of 5 stars It did it was supposed to do
Published on July 15, 2011 by Samila

2.0 out of 5 stars worked i guess
These glasses worked like they should've--covered my glasses just fine, kept the sun outta my eyes, saved me from a headache from driving toward the sunset. They also don't look bad, either, for being a pair that goes over normal glasses.

Published on May 27, 2011 by Jam

4.0 out of 5 stars It did it was supposed to do, July 15, 2011
This review is from: Global Vision Eyewear Escort Safety Glasses (Eyewear)
I have been wearing glasses all of my life. I can never find appropriate sunglasses. I didn't want to pay extra for prescription glasses and the clip-ons just don't work. I bought another pair, hd to go over my prescription glasses but they kept slipping down. These glasses do what it's supposed to do. They protect my eyes from the sun. I can wear them on top of my regular glasses without them slipping down. I would have rated it a 5, except for friend, upon looking at my glasses, asked if I had cataract surgery or something wrong with my eyes. I like them though and the style. Maybe I'll keep the glasses and get rid of my friend. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars nice view, fits over eye glasses, July 21, 2010
the view is great. in low light conditions it makes different shades of light stand out from each other better; no visibility loss in near-complete darkness. also, wasn't clear when i bought them, but if your glasses are appx 1&1/2 inch high measured at the lens front (not the 70's Starsky and Hutch 4 inchers) these WILL fit comfortably over your glasses. UV and impact resistant. stop shopping and put them in your cart!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome product for over eyeglasses!!, February 25, 2011
This review is from: Global Vision Eyewear Escort Safety Glasses (Eyewear)
just received these today. arrived exactly as described. very very very cool product / alternate to expensive Rx sunglasses. Don't spend hundreds of dollars on prescription lenses when you can comfortably use these over top your eyeglasses. I've worn HD vision (tan/orange color, as seen on tv) and these are FAR SUPERIOR - they actually disguise your prescription eyeglasses underneath and block glare from the sun 100 percent. I just shoveled the drive while wearing these and pleasantly surprised at the very low fog, a bonus which is not advertised but make these glasses that much better. Highly recommend!!! A++++++++++++

4.0 out of 5 stars Crystal clear, June 1, 2011
Wow, can you see well with these lenses on! Even at night, these make the landscape crystal clear while still cutting down on the glare from oncoming traffic.

That's the good stuff. Now, for the not-so-good stuff: These glasses are really big and rather heavy. While my prescription glasses fit inside the frames, they are pushed into my face, which is pretty uncomfortable. And the sunglasses don't feel totally secure while I'm riding my motorcycle. I'd recommend a sport strap to keep them on if it's windy.

Still, I think the good outweighs the bad. These are still the best night time glasses I've found that fit over prescription lenses.

2.0 out of 5 stars worked i guess, May 27, 2011
Jam (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Global Vision Eyewear Escort Safety Glasses (Eyewear)

Thing is, I got 'em for a three day-road trip and by the end of day one they were rubbing painfully against the tops of my ears and the bridge of my nose. They fit over glasses all right, but a bit too tightly, and it made my skin sensitive and raw after a while.

But if you only use 'em for a few hours at a time, they don't cause problems. It's only when you start wearing 'em for days on end that they get irritating.

oh and btw I think they'd only work with modern-style glasses. Def. too small for hornrims or grandma glasses etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars New life!!, February 20, 2012
These glasses have given me a new life - once again able to drive after dark and on rainy, cloudy days. Also use them when I am not the driver because they sharpen everything up. Luv them. Kath

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough to find tinted "over the glasses" safety glasses, May 2, 2011
This review is from: Global Vision Eyewear Escort Safety Glasses (Eyewear)
For those of us who wear corrective lenses, HAVING sunglasses, period, is a big issue. There are a lot of solutions out there that just don't work that well.

- Clip-ons suck. They never fit right, and they allow too much light in from the sides.
- Prescription sunglasses are expensive. I'm tough on glasses, and will easily break or lose them
- Regular sunglasses don't fit correctly on top of corrective lenses
- Auto-tinting lenses are never quite at the correct light level.

The solution I've used for years is to wear tinted safety glasses over my glasses, and this works EXTREMELY well.

I decided on safety glasses about 10 years ago, when I found a pair of AO safety lenses whose wrap-around design fit around my normal frames, and coincidentally had a "notch" in the lenses that allowed the hinge of my frames to protrude.

I went through NUMEROUS pairs of these AO safety lenses over a period of about 9 years, always glad that I had a new pair ready to go. I had stocked up on them, so that as they got lost, broke, or wore out, I always had a new pair.

I finally ran out of my "stash" of old-style AO glasses last year, and needed something new because AO no longer makes that design. I spent 6+ months looking, and finally bought two pairs of these on Amazon, one smoked, one yellow.

THESE ARE EXCELLENT glasses. They fit cleanly around corrective lenses without significantly limiting field of view, while blocking light from bleeding around the sides, DRAMATICALLY enhancing visibility. If I have to cut, grind, or solder something, it's nice to either not have to switch glasses, or just flip down my safety glasses. Since they are "high impact" (Z87.1+ ... the "plus" is high-impact), I use them as shooting glasses. These are the best all-around sunglasses / tinted safety glasses I've ever had.

Both of my sons have the OCC-style AO safety / sunglasses, and my younger son wears corrective lenses. Needing something that allows him to wear corrective lenses for sports, he asked me to get him a pair of these as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars night vision glasses, January 24, 2012
janet smith (CARTHAGE, TENNESSEE, US) - See all my reviews
These glasses were just what i was looking for night driving in rain takes glare from on coming traffic also helps when driving into sunset highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sunglasses, December 8, 2011
When my Father-in-law came to visit he was sporting this funny looking pair of sunglasses over his glasses. At least I thought they were funny looking until I tried them on (over my glasses). My vision was much improved instantly and right away I noticed my eyes relax. That clinched it for me. They were no longer funny looking and I had to have a pair. I ordered them through Amazon.com for a very reasonable price. They came quickly and I began using them. I found more benefits. I like the peripheral vision they afford. I can see better at night while driving and in the rain as well. I'm not sure how they work, being yellow, but they relax your eyes in sunshine and on cloudy days.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Sporting Glasses, January 17, 2011
K. Roth (Clive, IA United States) - See all my reviews
Fairly inexpensive protection that fits nicely over perscription eyewear. Light and hug face well. Yellow lens sharpen targets when shooting and provide good vision while driving, etc.

Global Vision Eyewear Escort Safety Glasses, Smoke Tint Lens