Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

Color: Black FrameLens Color: Smoke LensChange
Price:$6.62+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on July 15, 2011
I have been wearing glasses all of my life. I can never find appropriate sunglasses. I didn't want to pay extra for prescription glasses and the clip-ons just don't work. I bought another pair, hd to go over my prescription glasses but they kept slipping down. These glasses do what it's supposed to do. They protect my eyes from the sun. I can wear them on top of my regular glasses without them slipping down. I would have rated it a 5, except for friend, upon looking at my glasses, asked if I had cataract surgery or something wrong with my eyes. I like them though and the style. Maybe I'll keep the glasses and get rid of my friend. :)
22 comments106 of 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2010
the view is great. in low light conditions it makes different shades of light stand out from each other better; no visibility loss in near-complete darkness. also, wasn't clear when i bought them, but if your glasses are appx 1&1/2 inch high measured at the lens front (not the 70's Starsky and Hutch 4 inchers) these WILL fit comfortably over your glasses. UV and impact resistant. stop shopping and put them in your cart!
11 comment104 of 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2011
just received these today. arrived exactly as described. very very very cool product / alternate to expensive Rx sunglasses. Don't spend hundreds of dollars on prescription lenses when you can comfortably use these over top your eyeglasses. I've worn HD vision (tan/orange color, as seen on tv) and these are FAR SUPERIOR - they actually disguise your prescription eyeglasses underneath and block glare from the sun 100 percent. I just shoveled the drive while wearing these and pleasantly surprised at the very low fog, a bonus which is not advertised but make these glasses that much better. Highly recommend!!! A++++++++++++
0Comment51 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2011
Wow, can you see well with these lenses on! Even at night, these make the landscape crystal clear while still cutting down on the glare from oncoming traffic.

That's the good stuff. Now, for the not-so-good stuff: These glasses are really big and rather heavy. While my prescription glasses fit inside the frames, they are pushed into my face, which is pretty uncomfortable. And the sunglasses don't feel totally secure while I'm riding my motorcycle. I'd recommend a sport strap to keep them on if it's windy.

Still, I think the good outweighs the bad. These are still the best night time glasses I've found that fit over prescription lenses.
0Comment61 of 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2012
These glasses have given me a new life - once again able to drive after dark and on rainy, cloudy days. Also use them when I am not the driver because they sharpen everything up. Luv them. Kath
0Comment52 of 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2011
For those of us who wear corrective lenses, HAVING sunglasses, period, is a big issue. There are a lot of solutions out there that just don't work that well.

- Clip-ons suck. They never fit right, and they allow too much light in from the sides.
- Prescription sunglasses are expensive. I'm tough on glasses, and will easily break or lose them
- Regular sunglasses don't fit correctly on top of corrective lenses
- Auto-tinting lenses are never quite at the correct light level.

The solution I've used for years is to wear tinted safety glasses over my glasses, and this works EXTREMELY well.

I decided on safety glasses about 10 years ago, when I found a pair of AO safety lenses whose wrap-around design fit around my normal frames, and coincidentally had a "notch" in the lenses that allowed the hinge of my frames to protrude.

I went through NUMEROUS pairs of these AO safety lenses over a period of about 9 years, always glad that I had a new pair ready to go. I had stocked up on them, so that as they got lost, broke, or wore out, I always had a new pair.

I finally ran out of my "stash" of old-style AO glasses last year, and needed something new because AO no longer makes that design. I spent 6+ months looking, and finally bought two pairs of these on Amazon, one smoked, one yellow.

THESE ARE EXCELLENT glasses. They fit cleanly around corrective lenses without significantly limiting field of view, while blocking light from bleeding around the sides, DRAMATICALLY enhancing visibility. If I have to cut, grind, or solder something, it's nice to either not have to switch glasses, or just flip down my safety glasses. Since they are "high impact" (Z87.1+ ... the "plus" is high-impact), I use them as shooting glasses. These are the best all-around sunglasses / tinted safety glasses I've ever had.

Both of my sons have the OCC-style AO safety / sunglasses, and my younger son wears corrective lenses. Needing something that allows him to wear corrective lenses for sports, he asked me to get him a pair of these as well.
11 comment34 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2011
These glasses worked like they should've--covered my glasses just fine, kept the sun outta my eyes, saved me from a headache from driving toward the sunset. They also don't look bad, either, for being a pair that goes over normal glasses.

Thing is, I got 'em for a three day-road trip and by the end of day one they were rubbing painfully against the tops of my ears and the bridge of my nose. They fit over glasses all right, but a bit too tightly, and it made my skin sensitive and raw after a while.

But if you only use 'em for a few hours at a time, they don't cause problems. It's only when you start wearing 'em for days on end that they get irritating.

oh and btw I think they'd only work with modern-style glasses. Def. too small for hornrims or grandma glasses etc.
0Comment57 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2012
These glasses were just what i was looking for night driving in rain takes glare from on coming traffic also helps when driving into sunset highly recommended
0Comment28 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2011
When my Father-in-law came to visit he was sporting this funny looking pair of sunglasses over his glasses. At least I thought they were funny looking until I tried them on (over my glasses). My vision was much improved instantly and right away I noticed my eyes relax. That clinched it for me. They were no longer funny looking and I had to have a pair. I ordered them through Amazon.com for a very reasonable price. They came quickly and I began using them. I found more benefits. I like the peripheral vision they afford. I can see better at night while driving and in the rain as well. I'm not sure how they work, being yellow, but they relax your eyes in sunshine and on cloudy days.
0Comment32 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2011
Fairly inexpensive protection that fits nicely over perscription eyewear. Light and hug face well. Yellow lens sharpen targets when shooting and provide good vision while driving, etc.
0Comment27 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse