5.0 out of 5 stars What a CD!!
Wow, these newcomers to Country are such a hit!! I hope they're around for a long long long time.

Published on August 5, 2009 by Reacher Creature

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad Choice
Was not what I thought it would be, but I'll keep it. I was told something eles by a friend of mine but it wass not. Not your fault, but mine.
Published 19 months ago by Billy McIlvain

5.0 out of 5 stars What a CD!!, August 5, 2009
This review is from: Gloriana (Audio CD)

I bought the CD for the song "Wild at Heart". That's such a great song, and so upbeat. You can't help but to have your toe tappin' or rip off your clothes and run around nekkid when Wild at Heart is playing. Well, okay, maybe not that last one, but your toe will be tappin' to the song.

The great thing is that all of the songs are fantastic! This is also such a super cheap price for the CD.

Bottom line is, go and get this CD, you won't be sorry. :O)

Enjoy the ride.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD - Great harmony, October 16, 2009
Sparkle J. (Tuscaloosa, AL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gloriana (Audio CD)
This is sure to be an up and coming band. Loved the harmony and "feel good" songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars It just makes you feel good., September 30, 2009
This review is from: Gloriana (MP3 Music)
Simply put, this group may be fabricated for the pop country fans and to grab a portion of the market share but I have listened to it through from beginning to end multiple times and quite frankly, it just makes you feel good. Sit back, relax and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pop/Country hybrid perfection, September 14, 2009
S. Suminski (Eastpointe, MI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gloriana (Audio CD)
Gloriana definitely hit big with their first single long before the release of this disc. Hopefully they are promoted to star status before people lose sight of this awesome album. Multiple hits to be made from this disc and trust me if you like Country and Pop music mixing this is a winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of best CDs in recent history!, September 16, 2009
This review is from: Gloriana (Audio CD)
Wow, this CD is good, I mean REALLY good. I never expected all the songs to be good enough to be hits as singles, but they are! If you like Country, or just southern rock, you will want this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gloriana-CD, October 10, 2009
J. Jimenez (Fort Atkinson, WI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gloriana (Audio CD)
This Gloriana CD is fabulous! I initially heard and love the song "Wild at Heart" but have found some new favorites on the CD as well. Overall the music is upbeat and sassy. The CD includes ballads as well. It's a great CD for any mood. I am looking forward to their next CD already! Take care everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD, November 14, 2009
Robin A. Stortz (Hampton, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gloriana (Audio CD)
There isn't a bad cut on this CD. I love the sound Gloriana has and these songs reflect it. I would highly recommend purchasing this album if you like there current hit.

4.0 out of 5 stars WOW, this record really threw me!!! Let me explain..., August 4, 2009
This review is from: Gloriana (Audio CD)
I was totally wrong about this record, which is a study in contradictions...I'm a Cheyenne Kimball fan...her record "The Day Has Come" from 2006 on Daylight/Epic/Sony kicks a**, a hard-rocking cross between prime Cheap Trick, Hotel Paper-era Michelle Branch, and even Veruca Salt, but she joins this "country powerpop" threesome, becoming a quartet...she co-wrote all the songs on her solo record but wrote none here...the group appears to be 4 songwriters but only wrote one of the 13 cuts...they are all real musicians but only Tom Gossin plays piano on 1 cut...the rest of it is studio musicians (it's all their vocals tho), albeit great ones like Rick Springfield's guitar player Tim Pierce, John Mellencamp drummer Kenny Aronoff and ex-Bering Strait guitarist/banjo player Ilya Toshinsky...and it's produced/mostly written by Matt Serletic (it's on his own label Emblem through Warner Nashville), who's mostly known for working with Rob Thomas and Matchbox Twenty...very mainstream.

In all, I should NOT like this record...but ya know what??? It's actually really enjoyable, in spite of itself, and a good, intriguing, question mark of a launching pad. These guys and girls are not nobodies and have been kicking around the biz for a while with no success...this is their vehicle.

It's funny...a friend of mine who's primarily into alt-country but also "country powerpop", I told him I bought this CD and said it was a mistake...he told me that it was definitely NOT a mistake and he actually shed some light onto this record...that it's basically a well-written POP record, not really a country one, and it's sort of a parody of mainstream country, like "this is not who we really are, this is a joke, but we're in on the joke, having fun with this stuff, we don't take ourselves too seriously, and this album is just a VEHICLE to get our names out there, and on future records, you will see what we're TRULY capable of"...and he's right!!! Plus, this record is a lot more complex than it first seems...and in the wrong hands, these songs would sound much much worse. The way the songs are played and arranged, the vocal arrangements, it's kind of intricate. I was wrong in saying it's a total wash...it's not the greatest thing ever, but it's kind of UNDERRATED and there's a huge question mark over it...like if they will be doing all the writing on future records, if they will have solo careers (Cheyenne back to her's...her solo record is really great)...if they will have writing careers, if the 4 of them will be in the band in the future, etc.

Right now, Gloriana is like a country-targeted Partridge Family or Monkees (fabricated at first but with great writing underneath) and future records will have more input from Gloriana themselves (brothers/guitarists Mike & Tom Gossin (who also plays piano), singer/tambourine shaker Rachel Reisert, and singer/mandolin player/guitarist Cheyenne Kimball)...this one has great writing by Jeffrey Steele, who's an alternative country songwriter. This record threw me big time, yet again!!

The first song, "How Far Do You Wanna Go??" is a lovable powerpop frankenstein monster mashup of the Stones' "Start Me Up", Iggy Pop/David Bowie's "China Girl" and, er, Savage Garden's "Break Me, Shake Me"??? But it works like hell...the second song and first single, "Wild At Heart" is a fun catchy singalong, complete with slapping roadcases, that it's a pretty irresistible pop tune, perfect for summer. Another fave is "If You're Leaving", which has a total sunny 70s vibe. The Cheyenne-sung "You Said" has lots of edge, especially in her voice, redolent of her solo record. The Rachel-sung "Over Me Now??" has a great chorus. The closer, the group-written "Time To Let Me Go" is a well-written, atmospheric ballad...best song on the record. There are other ballads that are better than expected, "The Way It Goes" and "Come & Save Me", which have a sweetness that is not at all corny or cookie-cutter or schmaltzy. There are even 2 slower songs, "Lead Me On" & "Change Your Mind", that have a celtic-pop vibe, reminiscent of Irish sibling popsters The Corrs. Even a song called "Cry On Command", co-written by Wayne Kirkpatrick from Little Big Town, which threatens to be wince-worthy, somehow works.

This record is shockingly enjoyable and I can see why Taylor Swift is a big fan...based on that song they wrote, I don't think this record really amply displays what these 4 kids in Gloriana are truly capable of, but YET, it doesn't sell them short either. It's both a parody of mainstream country music but with smart pop hooks, an album of curveballs, of contradictions, and many people who dismiss them on first listen...the joke's on them...there's depth underneath the surface that's rewarding when you really dig.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pop Country, September 9, 2009
davyboy "davyboy" (Almost unbearably sunny, Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gloriana (MP3 Music)
I've never heard of any of these folks, but their music caught me, got my toe tapping and my face smiling from the first cut. It is one of the few totally unknown (to me)album downloads I had to have from first listen. Infectiously clean and perfect harmonies. Grab it whether you like country or not. These guys WILL be back with more shortly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gloriana.... best new band to come out in a while, September 30, 2009
This review is from: Gloriana (Audio CD)
What can I say... this group is AWESOME!! From their debut single, Wild At Heart to every other song in their first CD... it is an incredilbe compilation of music. The vocals are amazing and the instruments are fantastic.

Everyone who is a fan of country music needs to have this CD in their collection.

Gloriana
Gloriana by Gloriana (Audio CD - 2010)