5.0 out of 5 stars basic, easy, well thought out.
This is my 3rd glove keeper. So far the best.

Published on June 12, 2012 by Mountain Medic

3.0 out of 5 stars broke after a week
The bottom half (where the gloves go) is OK. You do have to keep tightening the strap or the gloves will fall out. the top(where it attached to your turnouts) is VERY cheap. It broke within a week of use. I had to crush it with a set of pliers. you buy cheap you buy twice!
Published 9 months ago by emeritek

5.0 out of 5 stars basic, easy, well thought out., June 12, 2012
Mountain Medic (Santa Cruz Mountains) - See all my reviews
This is my 3rd glove keeper. So far the best.

Forget Velcro. It clogs with dirt, catches on gear, gets little threads and trash in it and melts the first time your gear gets a little cooked. Plus it's too easy to catch it on something and then drop your gloves. And it's not as easy as it would seem to put gloves away, you have to look, get the right tightness etc.

Forget the 'string and cord-lock' type (a loop with a cord lock). Lame.. Didn't hold gloves well, hard to tighten enough to hold them long. Takes two hands to get gloves out and even harder to put them back. Besides, crawling through obstacles with a loop of cord is begging to get snagged. (not that I don't have enough gear that does that anyway but it seemed the loop glove holder was always doing it.)

The strap and buckle like this... simplest, best, durable and simple. Pop gloves out with one hand, put them back without looking (tough but doable,) and they don't drop my gloves! Trick is, put the gloves in with the strap loose then tighten the hell out of it. They stay put.

And cheap... i like cheap...

(and before a noob asks why I can't keep a pair of gloves, don't forget... this gear rolls around in the back of my truck, often gets thrown in the back of a rescue with 3-4 other people tossing it around, stepping on it etc. We get to a scene and sometimes hike in the woods, jump a fence and bounce down a hillside then run through tall weeds to a medical, crawl through someones window to gain entry to a patient, etc. I wear full turnouts on medicals so they get a lot of non-fire wear and I can't afford to loose a glove (besides the gloves are damn expensive...)) (and did all that last week so real world experiences...)

3.0 out of 5 stars broke after a week, April 30, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job, February 7, 2014
This strap is easy to use and keeps my gloves out of my way when I don't need them to do my job

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well - the best I have seen so far, October 1, 2013
This is nice because it has the buckle for easy removal. There is a similar one out there that is basically the same design except there is no buckle so it takes a bit of fudging around each time to remove and put gloves back in. This one is quick and to the point. The strap itself seems like it is plenty thick though it could have been thicker. The only gripe I have is that the remaining strap length after you have tightened down the gloves is too long. I cut it and had it sewn(to prevent fraying) so there was no longer so much hanging off of me with the potential to get caught on something.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good!, July 29, 2013
These seem to be of good quality. I prefer the snap over velcro and bought two of these for my fire gear and my back up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good item for the price., June 23, 2013
I have a leather glove strap on my turnouts that will stand up to the heat of firefighting; I bought this one for my EMS bag since it won't be exposed to high temperatures where it could possibly melt. I think this item is a good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glove keeper 2, April 5, 2013
I like this better than the Velcro straps. Only thing. Would change is the quality of the strap a little cheap feeling. I put a knot in the spot after the clip so it doesn't loosen and I gave had no problems..

5.0 out of 5 stars This is being used now, December 10, 2012
This is being used now on my burn gloves at the firehouse... I had problems with the velcro style (dirt and everything getting into it) and this brand seems perfect...

5.0 out of 5 stars Much appreciated, July 28, 2014
Great glove clip. It keeps my gloves where I need then but out of the way.

1.0 out of 5 stars Skip this., August 13, 2012
Buy a different one. Poor construction, weak stitching, not a good product not to mention the terriable customer service. Skip.