5.0 out of 5 stars Great for New Years
I ordered 2 of these and put them in my hair for new years. I got tons of compliments and they looked great.
There are several ways to wear them in your hair so experiment with what works best with your hair. I had them flipped up a bit so the strands were spread everywhere and it looked like I had little lights floating all around my head.
If you just put the...
Published on January 3, 2011 by Marisa Terres

1.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT a glowby.
Published 16 months ago by Skid

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for New Years, January 3, 2011
If you just put the barrettes over your hair and don't do anything else they just make a neat streak of lights going down your hair. I also tried using a bobby pin to spread out the fibers to make more of a fan shape and it worked pretty well.
Over all I really am happy with this product and will use them over and over again :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for parties!, February 7, 2012
This review is from: Glowbys LED Fiber Optic Light-Up Hair Barrette - Rainbow (Toy)
I ordered Glowbys in Rainbow, Gold, White, Violet, and Pink. The person who wrote the 1 star review who bought the gold is correct: the Gold color is more subtle and not very bright. The Rainbow, White, Violet and Pink were very bright. The Rainbow rotates from blue to red to green in a cycle - it's not multiple colors all at once. You can cut the strands and the light will shine at the cut ends. I also used scissors to "nick" the strands to create more light points. There are between 30 and 50 fiber optic strands per clip - the product photo of the girl wearing blue on one side and white on the other probably has two clips on each side. The clip is cheap black plastic with a metal bar underneath to fasten. I have very fine hair so I had to hairspray my hair first and then clip the Glowby into place. DO NOT USE A CURLING IRON ON GLOWBYS.

After your party, just slide the top part of the clip half-way off to disconnect the battery so you can save them and use again later.

My friend and I had a blast with these! We received lots of compliments at the neon party!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Glowbys LED fiber optic hair barret green, April 15, 2011
I got the Glowbys LED Fiber Optic Light-Up Hair Barrette Green. I ordered from Flashing Panda. I chose standard shipping and it was supposed to arrive the 18th-21st and it arrived early, the 15th! -Only a few days after ordering it. It works great and is pretty and bright. It came with the 2 batteries in it, they are flat and circular (Lithium Cell CR 1220). If i ever need to change the batteries, they are very easily accessible. The item is light weight too. I can't wait to wear it! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fiber Optic Review, September 25, 2010
Length:: 0:47 Mins

Starlight Strands Illuminating Fiber Optic Hair Extensions & Rave Toyok so this is my first video review and its daylight so i forgot to example the lighting of it (>.<)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fun accessory, June 23, 2011
this was a great accessory to have. It unfortunately did not turn off after unclasping the barrett, however I saved the plastic that was removed from the battery and replaced it.

5.0 out of 5 stars 26 and I love this as much as my 4 year old, November 13, 2011
Krink25 (Maryland, USA) - See all my reviews
Very cool hair clip! I bought the rainbow color and it does not disappoint! The batteries have seemed to last forever and I wore it one night for 6 hours and my 4 year old plays with it for hours every couple of nights. One clip won't give you the look of the girl in the picture (with pigtails).. but one is enough to give you just a hint of glow throughout your hair. I would highly recommend this for either a club/rave night, or even as a dress up toy for younger girls. I'm definitely ordering more.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT a glowby., September 9, 2013
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This is a cheap knock-off. I can't believe Amazon would advertise it as a Glowby and it is not. It was sent by Amazon, so it IS their responsibility to sell you an authentic Glowby. You wonder what the big deal is .. it is not the item pictured. It's barrette is not dark. It is clear, so you can see the lights flashing. It is so bright you can't really see the optic pieces. It is cheap and NOT, I repeat, not a Glowby. Try buying it elsewhere, but not on Amazon as they have no idea what they are selling. By other's reviews stating the same thing, it is probable Amazon doesn't care.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fiber optic hair strands were a success., March 20, 2011
Adamtron (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I purchased the LED Fiber Optic Light-Up Hair Strands/Barrette to pass out to girls that came to my birthday party the other week. The girls all liked them and had great fun with them. We went out to a night club that had lasers, glow in the dark stuff, glow sticks, etc. and the fiber optic hair strands were a success. There is no on/off button but you can slide the battery compartment open to turn it off. Also the batteries are replaceable, which is nice.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is not a toy, but it's awesome, May 19, 2011
Glowby's cost hardly anything but they're sturdy and they do EXACTLY what they say they do. For some reason, I thought the barrette bit would come with blue rhinestones on theme but I can always add them when I feel like it. The barrettes are nice and discrete (for an adult). I doubt they wouldn't be noticed on someone with blonde hair though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glowing hair, March 7, 2011
It's easy to clip on and have your hair glow. More than one of these is needed to achieve anything like the picture. I had these on for 4 hours at a party and everyone loved them and gave me rave reviews about how amazing they were. I got the gold and I loved them. I wish I would have got 4 of them to make my hair glow extra. But 2 were still good.