Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on January 3, 2011
I ordered 2 of these and put them in my hair for new years. I got tons of compliments and they looked great.
There are several ways to wear them in your hair so experiment with what works best with your hair. I had them flipped up a bit so the strands were spread everywhere and it looked like I had little lights floating all around my head.
If you just put the barrettes over your hair and don't do anything else they just make a neat streak of lights going down your hair. I also tried using a bobby pin to spread out the fibers to make more of a fan shape and it worked pretty well.
Over all I really am happy with this product and will use them over and over again :)
on February 7, 2012
I ordered Glowbys in Rainbow, Gold, White, Violet, and Pink. The person who wrote the 1 star review who bought the gold is correct: the Gold color is more subtle and not very bright. The Rainbow, White, Violet and Pink were very bright. The Rainbow rotates from blue to red to green in a cycle - it's not multiple colors all at once. You can cut the strands and the light will shine at the cut ends. I also used scissors to "nick" the strands to create more light points. There are between 30 and 50 fiber optic strands per clip - the product photo of the girl wearing blue on one side and white on the other probably has two clips on each side. The clip is cheap black plastic with a metal bar underneath to fasten. I have very fine hair so I had to hairspray my hair first and then clip the Glowby into place. DO NOT USE A CURLING IRON ON GLOWBYS.

After your party, just slide the top part of the clip half-way off to disconnect the battery so you can save them and use again later.

My friend and I had a blast with these! We received lots of compliments at the neon party!! :)
on November 13, 2011
Very cool hair clip! I bought the rainbow color and it does not disappoint! The batteries have seemed to last forever and I wore it one night for 6 hours and my 4 year old plays with it for hours every couple of nights. One clip won't give you the look of the girl in the picture (with pigtails).. but one is enough to give you just a hint of glow throughout your hair. I would highly recommend this for either a club/rave night, or even as a dress up toy for younger girls. I'm definitely ordering more.
on September 25, 2010
Starlight Strands Illuminating Fiber Optic Hair Extensions & Rave Toyok so this is my first video review and its daylight so i forgot to example the lighting of it (>.<)
0Comment|165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2011
this was a great accessory to have. It unfortunately did not turn off after unclasping the barrett, however I saved the plastic that was removed from the battery and replaced it.
on July 24, 2013
This barrette is so hard to open we had to use pliers. Also there is no way to turn it off. You have to remove the battery. Have fun trying at accomplish that while still wearing it. Total waste of money.
on September 9, 2013
This is a cheap knock-off. I can't believe Amazon would advertise it as a Glowby and it is not. It was sent by Amazon, so it IS their responsibility to sell you an authentic Glowby. You wonder what the big deal is .. it is not the item pictured. It's barrette is not dark. It is clear, so you can see the lights flashing. It is so bright you can't really see the optic pieces. It is cheap and NOT, I repeat, not a Glowby. Try buying it elsewhere, but not on Amazon as they have no idea what they are selling. By other's reviews stating the same thing, it is probable Amazon doesn't care.
on March 20, 2011
I purchased the LED Fiber Optic Light-Up Hair Strands/Barrette to pass out to girls that came to my birthday party the other week. The girls all liked them and had great fun with them. We went out to a night club that had lasers, glow in the dark stuff, glow sticks, etc. and the fiber optic hair strands were a success. There is no on/off button but you can slide the battery compartment open to turn it off. Also the batteries are replaceable, which is nice.
on April 30, 2016
 The fiber optic light strands look cool when they work. But unfortunately the switching device (clip) is so poorly put together, it stopped working on the very first use. There is a microscopic spring that connects the clip to the battery, and when the hair clip is closed, the circuit is completed and the lights turn on. BUT the hair clip is just barely attached, and the spring or clip will randomly fall out. Good luck finding the spring. The whole device looks like it was built by 2nd graders with parts from the dollar store.

So if you fiddle with it enough and don't completely lose the spring, you can get it to work, but for how long is the question. It basically doesn't work more than it works. The lights do look cool though.
on November 28, 2013
These were advertised as Glowbys, and the package was pictured as "Glowby". However I was sent a cheap knock off which did not work well. This is totally against Amazon.com policy and the product should be removed from the site. I would have given no stars but that does not work.