Glowcrazy Doodle Dome
Price:$38.49 + $6.49shipping

I wanted to post a review of this product because I did go through and read some of the Amazon.com reviews before I purchased, and a lot of them are out of date or just unfair (like the accusation that company employees are posting positive reviews under the guise of consumers).

I bought mine at Wal-Mart. The copyright date on the box was 2011. This is the one you need to buy, because it is different and better than the older version. I don't know if this is the one they're selling on Amazon.com or not, but the box that came with ours does look the same as the one they're showing on Amazon.

The tent is pretty big. All four of my children are able to fit inside of it (ages 7, 6, 4 and 2), though I can't really say how comfortable they are. I'm sure they're pretty crammed in when they're all in there. There is plenty of room for a larger adult and at least one child to sit inside comfortably.

The whole inside of the tent is made from the light sensitive material, except for the floor and the two ends, so there is plenty of room to draw. The drawings last a lot longer than I would have expected, too ... several minutes vs. several seconds.

My kids have really enjoyed this tent and they literally spend hours inside of it. Which is really great since it's summer and they are perpetually bored.

The major drawback and reason I didn't give the tent four stars is because the material (especially on the ends) is flimsy. Ours had a hole in it when it arrived. I seriously doubt this tent would stand up to a lot of rough play ... which is something my kids tend to do. I have to constantly remind them that the tent is for drawing in, not playing in. Also the poles you use to keep the tent rigid seem just a little too long, so they bow slightly. Which isn't really a problem, but it's a sign of poorer quality.

We just got this tent, so I will post an update later if there are any real problems with durability. Hope this helps someone make a choice.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 12, 2012
My kids really liked the dome. They seemed to have fun with it. Mine are a little rough and the poles have already punctured through the dome. So my advice is don't let 5 kids in the dome at the same time :)

My biggest complaint is that there was no instructions on how to refold the dome and put it back into the carrying pouch. We even opened the box in Walmart and saw that no! There really is no instructions on how to fold this thing.

So for all of you that has one of these here is a video on how to fold this thing.

<...>
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 28, 2013
Surprisingly, it was very dark inside! The pen has to be held pretty close to get a really bright glow, but I was impressed with how well it worked. The stencils it comes with broke within the first day of playing, but they were card stock, so it was expected.
on February 18, 2013
my kids loved this dome. Is just as is advertised in the web. Is very eassy to assamble, and most important of all is really easy to fold and store in to a really small bag.
on February 13, 2013
My granddaughters loved this and so did I we all could fit in and share the doodle pen - a unique gift that both girls loved

See 1 answered question