Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Flavor: Raspberry Jasmine|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
So there is this powder. You put it in water and attempt to choke it down. It is nasty stuff. This nasty stuff stains your glass. This nasty stuff that stains your glass costs four dollars, a day--everyday you force yourself to consume it. Will your skin get better? Yes/No depending on the person. If you drink an extra glass of water with a daily vitamin, then my guess would be that you will see little to no change. If you don't current take vitamins or consume extra water, then yes taking this product WILL make your skin seem softer--but so would a much cheaper vitamin and glass of water. And that combo won't stain your teeth or make you depressed in the morning knowing you have to again choke down this grainy powder.

So why do people seem to think it works? Ummm...cause they have to believe they see changes after putting themselves through a month or more of this nasty every single day. Otherwise it would have all been for nothing and they don't want to think about that.

Could this be useful for people? If you need to train your self to eat grainy liquids then yes, this could be helpful. However, you might enjoy a little sand in your water more. But the main take away should be for people to drink more water to make their skin smoother and that vitamins might help.

But remember you should ask your doctor what vitamins and amounts to take. If you doctor recommends Glowelle Powder, get a new doctor...:)
on August 21, 2009
Flavor: Raspberry Jasmine|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
Overview: I tasted both flavors and found the Raspberry-Jasmine flavor much more palatable that the Pomegranate-Lychee. While high-priced, there were definite improvements to my skin. I also noticed a slight improvement in fatigue at the end of the day.

Why I Selected This Product: I've always had good skin. An older woman asked me my secret many years ago, and I wanted to answer, "I'm in my early twenties," but it's true that my skin has remained unwrinkled and relatively blemish free at age 41 and that I don't look my age. Still, it's not quite the skin I used to have -- I'm a little more prone to blemishes, I have a slightly darker patch on one cheek, and it doesn't quite feel the same as it did once upon a time -- yes, some of the glow is gone. When the opportunity to try Glowelle occurred, I figured I'd be a good guinea pig, because I had definite things I wanted to monitor.

I liked the ingredients that are listed in the product list, all good stuff and most have benefits beyond those to the skin. I think it's weirdly telling that the pitch here is more the skin-deep stuff than the claims about increased energy or about the other positive things about the drink, which are easily searchable -- since these are health claims, and not listed on the product page, I'll not discuss them here. The packaging sent to Vine Members, does list a claim that 84% of people said they had more energy. Obviously, as good as the ingredients are, you're paying a pretty penny and it might help to keep it in mind that this is really a general good health drink and not just a beauty drink.

Flavor Comparisons: The flavor I received from Vine is the Raspberry-Jasmine. When I started to discern some of the promised effects, I bought the second flavor -- the Pomegranate-Lychee. Of the people who complained about the flavor, I wonder how that divides up between the Raspberry and the Pomegranate. I will say that I might have been originally more put off if I'd not received what I've found to be the better flavor, the raspberry, first. The raspberry is not unpleasant, and tastes somewhat like unset sugar-free Jell-O. The pomegranate just seems less palatable, and I like pomegranate drinks, so I think it's more than that.

Neither flavor is delicious or something I would drink for the heck of it, but the raspberry was pleasant enough that I could make a glass first thing and sip at it while I started my daily routine and find that I'd finished it in pretty short order. I never loved the flavor, but I didn't mind it. The pomegranate is more of a chore to drink.

So, Did It Help My Skin?: Yes. Definitely. No one is liable to ask me next month why I'm not in school, but my skin is definitely improved -- all over, since you asked. Oh, wait, you didn't ask. My complexion is brighter, the darker spot seems to be lighter -- but I won't swear to that -- and it just seems to act like younger skin, plumper, more resilient, more hydrated even though I never skimped on water in the first place. I think what convinced me, other than my husband's confirmation, was that I wasn't thinking about this drink while I went about my life, but when I would catch my reflection, before I would remember, I'd notice I looked better-rested and more vibrant.

As I noted in the above paragraph, the skin all over my body is definitely softer, and freckles -- I'm what I would call Irish-complected -- that have darkened over the years seem to be a little lighter. It makes sense, doesn't it, that the benefits wouldn't be limited to the face?

I haven't noticed more energy, not in the sense of I assume they mean, but I seem to be less fatigued at the end of the day. Long walks and time doing houseworks and heavy chores seems to find me a tad less sore.

None of this is miraculous and I'm not calling this a miracle drink, but I do think it does much of what it promises. It's expensive though. I think some of the price, and I don't think the ingredients are cheap, is the convenience for people who don't want to swallow pills or make a point of drinking a lot of tea or -- heaven forbid -- completely rework their diets. I think you pay for it being a more pleasant and no-brainer way to get the goodies.

As others have mentioned the packaging is very nice, but a little too decadent. Any time you don't want to throw out a box, because it's so sturdy and pretty, it's probably not the best for the environment -- at least when you inevitably have to start throwing these heavy-duty boxes in the trash. I used to sell $20 cardboard ballerina music boxes that weren't as sturdy. Maybe like a lot of other products, they should make it where you can buy the whole kit, and after that you just buy the little packets to refill the box.

As much as I think this is a good product, I think in this economy when people are cutting back, that it might be too much of a luxury purchase unless there is somewhat of a price drop as well as perhaps marketing that really hits on all the benefits. Good skin is more than just being pretty, but also a sign of overall health, and a guard against some of the concerns about sun exposure. I'm recommending it, but I'm aware that it might not be that simple for people on a budget.

When I finish the second month's supply, I'll post an update of if there were continued improvements. As much as I liked the product and the convenience, the monthly financial hit is something I'll have to consider. If someone does have the spare cash and would like to try a healthy drink that improves the skin and might have additional benefits, I would recommend they go for a 30 day trial, and then reevaluate the product and see if it's worth it to continue.

***
Sept 25
Here's the promised update. While there might be tiny continual improvements, there's nothing hugely dramatic after a second month. I continue to prefer the raspberry flavor and -- while I still lament the price -- appreciate it as a healthy way to keep my skin glowing and youthful and get some nice supplements.
on September 5, 2009
Flavor: Pomegranate Lychee|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
WOW! I have taken & tried various "strange" concotions in the name of health in my time, but this stuff is terrible in a sweet sickening way! I even tried adding PURE unsweetened cranberry juice to cloak the terribly icky sweet mediciney taste but to no avail! This stuff is totally unpalletable. I can drink powdered whey drinks, green drinks, vinegar, salt water & baking soda "flushes" etc.... they are a walk in the park compared to these powdered sticks of nutrients.
The concept is GOOD, maybe if they reformulate the flavorings from all the feedback they've gotten they can improve these. I don't think reformulating them could possibly hurt their sales in ANY way! I was sooo wanting to like these, just for the heath benefits, but take it from a hard core supplement taker, these things are just plain AWFUL unless you have maybe a bad BAD cold & no sense of taste. I think that because the flavor is sooo STRONG, that even if you held your nose & chugged the 16 ounces you would be nauseous for a very long time IF you could keep it down!
Just my opinion for what it's worth! I cannot in all honesty recommend these EVEN IF you could get them for FREE!
on August 29, 2009
I have always been into vitamins for my skin and hair so when this product came out, it was perfect. I already take vitamins and I use a ton of skincare products so I was not sure I would notice much.

I have to say that this product really does work. At first, I noticed that I did not have to put on as much lotion. Then I noticed that I did not have to put on as much concealer for my dark marks. Now, my skin looks so good with and without makeup. True happiness for me. My skin is smooth, more even and the best thing is that I almost never have "bad skin" days during certain hormonal times of the month. The women will understand that benefit...

I believe antioxidants are so good for your skin and your health. This product contains so many antioxidants and it is natural. I went to my vitamin store and found some of the same vitamins in Glowelle, but they were lower amounts, huge pills and much more expensive when you add it all up.

Also, a lot of people talk about the taste. They must not be used to natural supplements. It is not that bad. I add the powder to natural flavored water and it is really good. I also make a fun smoothie with ice, water, Glowelle and any light juice. For breakfast, I add sorbet or protein powder. I actually have tried it in plain yogurt and it is good too. It does not sound like it would be, but try it. I have tried in milk too. Not bad. I try to add it to stuff I drink already. My husband even has started to drink my concoctions. It is the family joke. Who cares - I look good. If you want the benefits, then I think you can find a way to make it work for you.

My husband even comments on how good my skin looks. He is always rubbing my arms. For me, this product is sooooooooooooo worth the money. I feel like a natural beauty. Your skin is the one thing you cannot hide and who wants to always cover it up.
on March 11, 2010
Flavor: Raspberry Jasmine|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was excited about this product when I read the box and the different results that could be expected. My box contained the raspberry /jasmine flavor which appealed to me. I am a consumer that appreciates taking good care of the skin and am open to new ideas on how to achieve better skin. I mixed the first packet with grape juice and water as the directions suggested. Unfortunately I had a hard time drinking the entire glass. I reluctantly finished it but the after taste was awful. The grape juice was not able to hide the bitterness of the product. I tried it again on another day without different results. I think this is a great idea that needs a new taste.
on January 19, 2010
Did I mention the first ingredient is sugar? And that it tastes like potpourri? Where can I sign up!

I got a sample of this stuff and it was horrendous. Even my husband, who will eat anything, started to retch when he tasted it. Potpourri, I kid you not. Don't waste your money.
Flavor: Raspberry Jasmine|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Okay, why would a man try this? Well, Vine members might be able to relate. My monthly picks came up, I was in a rush to choose something, and I thought that these were flavored drink mixes. It was either those or a carton of milk, so I snagged them. :) Only after they arrived did I realize that they were beauty drinks. I figured that I'd try them because they seem to be mostly vitamins and other nutrients and wouldn't hurt me.

Anyway, on to my review. I did not stick with this for 30-days for a couple of reasons:

First, the taste is really bad, in my opinion. The first time that I tried it, I put it in water and couldn't finish it all in one sitting because I was nauseated. The second time, I put it in cold milk, and that was much better - not good, but better. I have to give women credit for putting up with this stuff! I sure couldn't do it for a week, let alone for extended periods of time.

Second, the material was difficult to clean out of a glass even when I drank it and rinsed it right away. It made me think that it was probably prone to staining my teeth if I kept using it. I don't have any evidence that would happen, but I didn't want to take chances seeing as how I couldn't stand the taste, either.

I honestly can't imagine this stuff being worth almost four dollars a day. I'm happy for those that saw results, but I honestly wonder if the healthier skin was actually do to the added hydration and possibly a healthier diet that may have been adopted along with using this (as part of an overall attempt to improve one's health).
VINE VOICEon September 12, 2009
Flavor: Raspberry Jasmine|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The list of ingredients on the package is quite impressive. Things you'd expect to find in a drink from the spa or a high-end store. The claims seem substantial and my wife did notice a glow to here skin, but no other effects. I waited for the full box to be finished before writing the review.

Others have also reported an increase in energy. My wife felt fine all through the day...even coaching soccer.

Now for the taste. Nothing special here either. She thought the raspberry had a better taste that the pomegranate, but both had a mild aftertaste. Finally, the drinks seems to cause her some acid-reflux. That made it difficult to swallow (no pun intended).

Finally these packets are very expensive and I am certain that I would not purchase in the future.
on August 19, 2009
Flavor: Pomegranate Lychee|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
One star is fair enough for not getting any side effects from this product. Sorry to report that I can not confirm any of the listed benefits.

Packaging - Seems too fancy (environment unfriendly) for what the product needs
Taste - It was hard to gulp down with just mixed in water. Flavor was too strong. Note that I love both Lychee and Pomegranate in their natural form. Mixing with the smoothies worked better
Energy - I could not tell much of a difference. I would rather run or swim to get some energy
Skin - Have not seen any benefits after about 20 packets
VINE VOICEon August 27, 2009
Flavor: Raspberry Jasmine|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have been using this product for 2 weeks and it seems to make my skin look and feel better. The product doesn't taste or smell very good though. I can get past it though. I feel good drinking this, but it is quite expensive and I don't think I can keep up month after month with this kind of price. If you can afford it, I think it's great though. If the price comes down, I may purchase it again.