5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Resource!
Published on May 31, 2011 by seattlecityshopper

3.0 out of 5 stars Good way to start a gluten free diet
This is a handy way of making a list for shopping and also gives you brand names of products that are gluten free.
Published 14 months ago by Phyllis Maxwell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Resource!, May 31, 2011
This review is from: Gluten-Free Diet: A Shopping Guide (Paperback)
After my niece was diagnosed with celiac, my sister encouraged the whole family to be tested for the disease. Much to my surprise, my blood work indicated I had the marker and my doctor encouraged me to cut gluten from my diet. I resisted - primarily because I found shopping for gluten free products overwhelming and complicated. I am so happy to have found a useful - and easy! - guide to help me through that process. This book is an amazing "must" resource for anyone interested in shopping gluten free. Highly recommended!! Gluten-Free Diet: A Shopping Guide

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Resourceful, April 19, 2013
Having 3 members in our family which all have health concerns, we have been told to eliminate all gluten. Until now, we had no idea and this book is so helpful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gluten Free Diet is great, March 26, 2013
This book has help me a lot at the stores, and has kept me on my diet. Thank you for guiding me with this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good way to start a gluten free diet, November 14, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Very excited that I own this book, January 19, 2012
This review is from: Gluten-Free Diet: A Shopping Guide (Paperback)
My daughter was diagnosed with Celiac disease recently and I was having trouble remembering everything she could and could not eat. I was very excite to find this book. It has made shopping easier and helping friends (my daughter loves sleepovers and is in girls scouts) make sure they have something my daughter can eat. I can't tell you how many times I have gone to this book for confirmation that something is safe for her to eat.

I have found this book very helpful and I am VERY HAPPY that I own it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, February 4, 2014
As being newly diagnosed with gluten sensitivity, this book has been a real time saver for me when geocery shopping, as well as being informative about gluten free products. Was a very worthwhile purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great starting point!, January 22, 2014
When you are told by your doctor to change your diet from Southern food is love to "gluten free" and you have always loved bread of every kind and hate reading labels..this is THE Book. Thanks very much for the lists as they will prove invaluable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great time saver, July 19, 2013
I've only had time to skim the book so far but I am already relieved to see so many familiar products. This will save me so much time in the grocery store as someone new to gluten free.

4.0 out of 5 stars Let's eat the good stuff, May 9, 2013
Mirinda (Small town n WV, USA) - See all my reviews
I didn't recognize a lot of the brands in the book, but for the ones that I did, it was helpful. I am glad that I bought it. I can now take my kindle shopping with me and quick reference products to see if they are safe to eat. Thanks for making my life easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! I'm not shopping or living in the dark anymore!, May 1, 2013
As a recently diagnosed gluten-intolerant person AND a long-time RN, I can promise it is ALWAYS different when it's you. Reading labels is fine but there are so many things that are included on the CANNOT and believe me you DO NOT WANT to have list it is awesome to have this incredible, easy to navigate resource right on my Kindle Fire and with me while I'm grocery shopping.

My husband isn't a flexible eater at all so knowing which mainstream brand names are "safe" makes it a much more subtle transition to a family gluten-free lifestyle...actually he won't even know it if I can do it right (LOL)!

There is nothing that tastes as good a pain free feels so having this wonderful resource is a Godsend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Gluten-Free Diet: A Shopping Guide
Gluten-Free Diet: A Shopping Guide by James L. Shirley (Paperback - April 29, 2011)
$14.95 $12.56