5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gluten-free cookbook!
Published on September 18, 2009 by A. Gentes

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really "every day"
Published on November 5, 2010 by Annie

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gluten-free cookbook!, September 18, 2009
A. Gentes (Charleston, Sc) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gluten Free Every Day Cookbook: More than 100 Easy and Delicious Recipes from the Gluten-Free Chef (Paperback)
I was recently diagnosed with Celiac disease and needed a good "every day" cookbook. I followed the reviews here, and I was not led astray. This is by far one of the best cookbooks I have ever owned! My husband (who is not GF) and I have been very impressed with every recipe we've made from this cookbook. The recipes are easy, the ingredients aren't hard to find (which is a big plus if you live in the boonies like we do), and the food you will make is far better than non-GF food (really!). I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Cookbook is Simply "Fabulous"!, May 31, 2009
C. Monk "Crowded Bookshelves" (Ellwood City, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this book because of an interest in gluten free eating, but this cookbook is great for even those not following a G-free diet. I find the recipes all very interesting and delicious. I made the "Coffee-Encrusted Beef Tenderloin with Port Wine Sauce" for dinner last night, and I only wish there was some left - it was amazing! I'm making the "Hazelnut-Encrusted Salmon with Cilantro-Lime Creme" tonight. I can see myself using this book frequently. The Gluten-Free Basics section at the beginning helps with understanding how to cook G-free. It seems this book will make this transition to a G-free diet very easy. I highly recommend this book!Gluten Free Every Day Cookbook: More than 100 Easy and Delicious Recipes from the Gluten-Free Chef

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really "every day", November 5, 2010
This book contains a lot of sections for foods that are normally pretty gluten-free. The hardest part about gluten-free is baking; not so much main dishes, soups, etc. Although the recipes look very tasty, and the author has given a lot of good information about flours, etc., most of the recipes I browsed through are much more complex than I would cook every day. With regard to the baked goods, many of the recipes contain four or five different types of flour in one item. Not only are some of these flours hard to come by (please don't tell me to find them at Whole Foods; my nearest Whole Foods Market is 300 miles away), but the list of ingredients is just too extensive to make them practical.

If you are collecting several volumes of gluten-free cookbooks, this would be a nice one to have for fancier cooking, but if you want a more practical collection, keep looking. I am.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a find! - Best gluten free cookbook!, June 1, 2010
No. 1: This is one of the few gluten free cookbooks written by a certified chef.
No. 2: Everything is superb!
No. 3: I can now make biscuits better than I could when I was on a gluten diet.
No. 4: A nutritionist was involved in its creation.
No. 5: It teaches you how to cook whether it is gluten free or not.
No. 6: It teaches you about the gluten free ingredients and its purposes.

What an easy decision. Buy this book! It has great recipes. I can't wait to try the pizza dough recipe!

I've been sharing this book on my blog and with my over 3400 Facebook fans and they love it, too!

UPDATE 3/18/2011: Just heard about your upcoming cookbook, Quick Fix Gluten Free". Can't wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gluten Free Goodness!, May 6, 2009
I had overheard a few people discussing this book and decided to buy a copy for myself to try. I have one relative with Celiac Disease and thought this book would be great for holidays or just when the family gets together. At our most recent family gathering my family members raved about the Maple Glazed Pork Tenderloin Recipe! The recipe directions are to the point and very easy to understand. I look forward to trying every recipe in this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Recipes, March 7, 2010
I ordered this book in an attempt to try my 6 year old son on a gluten free diet. Eliminating gluten from his diet has helped him to calm down in school and he has become less "angry" which I believe was a side effect of gluten in his diet. This book has a lot of basic information about gluten free ingredients. I especially appreciated the descriptions of many non-wheat based flours. This cookbook has excellent recipies including one for flaky biscuits and awesome chocolate chip cookies. It's a great book to start or add to a more healthy living cookbook collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of great gluten free ideas and helpful cooking and prep information, July 10, 2009
E (Connecticut) - See all my reviews
I had been searching for a new cookbook recently, which can be challenging if you can't eat gluten. My friend gave me a copy (actually signed by the author) and was immediately excited about finding lots of easy to follow recipes that contain many ingredients that are easily accessed as well. It also contains many simple tips about special food prep and cooking ideas that can take your recipe over the top. Although, the only meat that I eat is select fish, the meat oriented recipes can be replaced with meatless sources too. Lots of cool dessert recipes that even the most discerning gluten eater would enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Great Recipes, November 7, 2009
I've tried out a dozen of the recipes in the book so far - and all have been winners! The real proof can be found in the fact my father (a picky eater through and through) happily eats at my house when these recipes are on the table. Straight forward, easy to follow, but a different take on each recipe.

And the romantic in me can't help but be touched that a chef would go gluten free and work so hard just to make sure his wife got tasty food!

5.0 out of 5 stars gluten free cooking, November 28, 2009
This is a wonderful book for anyone, gluten consceience or not, who enjoys cooking and wishes to create healthy dishes. Author Rob Landophi offers his reasons why he became involved in gluten free cooking and his personal experinces add a special touch. The love and dedication he feels for his family come through in each recipe. The book covers all the different areas of cooking in easy-to-read text with fabulous explanations of gluten free products for the beginner.

5.0 out of 5 stars a MUST HAVE for gluten free families!, March 15, 2010
Lisa A. Ross (Baltimore MD USA) - See all my reviews
My 11 year old daughter was recently diagnosed with gluten allergies. This book has helped our family with the transition to gluten free cooking! The author has developed some amazing recipes that are easy to prepare and are yummy for everyone, whether gluten free or not. I was also grateful to the author for describing all of the different flours,etc. that he uses in his recipes; he gives the description, reasons that they are to be used, storage/shelf life information - all very useful information. I would absolutely recommend this book to anyone - it is a great resource!

$16.99 $12.59
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies