I just finished "Gluten - Free Slow Cooker: Easy Recipes for a Gluten - Free Diet" by Amelia Simons, and I can't wait to try out some of the recipes.

Published 21 months ago by Walter Ballenberger

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
THIS WAS FOR ME A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED REALLY WEIRD RECEIPES
Published 4 days ago by caroline

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Slow Cooker Recipes Whether You Can Tolerate Gluten or Not, November 1, 2012
This review is from: Gluten-Free Slow Cooker: Easy Recipes for a Gluten Free Diet (Kindle Edition)

Whether gluten is a problem for you or not, this great little book has a large variety of recipes that are delicious and that can save tons of time for busy people. There are not a lot of strange ingredients required here, so you can use things like gluten-free beef broth, for example, or just regular beef broth if that suits you.

Just to illustrate the variety of recipes available, there are brunch dishes with several egg recipes that sound delicious. As for beef, there's beef stew, beef stroganoff and heavenly short ribs, which I can't wait to try. There are quite a few selections in the poultry section including chicken cacciatore, spicy turkey chili and chicken fajitas. As for pork selections, roasted pork with fruit, green beans and ham, and very berry good pork roast sound excellent. There are also seafood dishes, soups and stews, vegetarian dishes, side dishes and even breads.

Most of the recipes make 8 to 10 servings, so they are perfect for large families. Of course you can always cut the recipes in half if you only need a lesser amount.

If you are a person that is intolerant to gluten, the author has written other books on the subject and has studied this issue in depth for a number of years. She has listed quite a few useful resources. But once again, the recipes sound fantastic whether you have a gluten problem or not. I recommend this book highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy To Follow Recipes, November 4, 2012
I purchased this book a few days ago Last Night My wife and I cooked Up the Authors recipe for Spicy Turkey Chili It was Delicious! The Recipes are very easy to follow fantastic for the whole family interested in living a healthier lifestyle FIVE STARS!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Eats, January 19, 2013
This is a great resource for anyone going wheat or gluten free. I have been struggling with this and finding enough recipes that I will actually eat and are easy to prepare. I especially appreciate the bread recipes at the end and immediately made the yummy apple cinnamon bread. I look forward to working my way through these recipes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Ebook! Will use the recipes again and again!, November 12, 2012
I am so happy to have found this eBook. I believe it would be very useful to anyone looking to lead a gluten free lifestyle for physical reasons or for someone like me who chooses not to eat gluten for my health. Recipes like this make me not miss gluten or certain gluten containing carbohydrates one bit. And that's coming from a former carbohydrate lover.

Once you learn to cook gluten free your body will thank you. I am happy more books like this are becoming available. I also enjoyed the bonus in this book with links to other eBook topics like Paleo slowcooker recipes! I will be downloading more very soon!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good recipes, September 7, 2013
I'm not impressed with the "Paleo" genre. Unfortunately author Amelia Simmons devotes the first part of her book to paleopropaganda. After getting the paleohype out of her paleosystem she gets down to writing a good slow cooker recipe book.

Before getting into the recipes she provides suggestions for slow cooker choice and usage and defines her terms. Then she provides excellent recipes for Brunch, Beef, Poultry, Pork, Seafood and Fish, Soups and Stews, Meat-free, Sides and, believe it or not, Breads.

Likes: a bargain price for 42 good recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow cooking rocks!, November 6, 2012
I'm a big fan of food. So cook books are one of my favorite things. What I really liked about this one is the author's account of how she came to adopt the gluten free lifestyle. As a wellness professional I am acutely aware of the fact that food is much more than just fuel and is a very important part of each individual's personal wellness. The author acknowledges the challenges faced by people trying to radically change their diet then gives some great tips on how to make it easier. I have always been a fan of slow cooking and this book gives advice on everything from how to choose the right slow cooker for you and your family to yummy easy to follow recipes for breakfast lunch and dinner . My only complaint is that I have a new Kindle Fire and wish there were more full color pictures so that I can drool over what I'm about to make.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Gluten-free recipes., June 14, 2013
There are many great recipes in this book for those who need to cook gluten free. Most ingredients can be found in your local grocery store which makes the recipes much easier to prepare.

4.0 out of 5 stars Many easy recipes, January 12, 2013
I really liked the variety of recipes provided in the book. They all seemed very easy to make with detailed instructions.
Great book for those that do not have a lot of time to cook everyday.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Was Exactly What I Needed, November 7, 2012
This book is the perfect solution to the gluten problem. Having an intolerance or allergy to gluten can really make eating a challenge. This book, however, shows you how to make easy delicious meals without any gluten. I recommend this book to anyone who needs to make gluten free meals.

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I bought this book . . ., March 28, 2014
Absolutely loved a majority of these recipes. I have recommended it to many of my gluten-free friends. The turkey and cranberry recipe was simple, and better than any I have ever had at Thanksgiving.

Rate and Discover Movies