Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on March 14, 2013
I just started using this one about 3 days ago. Overall, I am so very impressed by this car mount! I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy S III which is a pretty large phone. I have been searching for the right car mount forever and reading reviews of several different makers and models. This is the only one of which I couldn't find a complaint that it didn't fit. I attached it on my beetle textured dashboard, and it hangs on perfectly. One thing I noted was.. if you want to remove it from your dashboard, it's not quite easy since the suction cup is a bit sticky, but not much and it does not bother me at all. I'm thinking about buying another one for my wife.

Pros:
- Easy to install
- Very strong suction
- Holds large phones (Galaxy Note - 3.27" width)
- Easy adjustments while driving

Cons:
- Sticky a tiny bit, but negligible

*I also have an IPhone 4s in a OtterBox Defender Case without the belt clip. Some other clamps we're too small to secure the Iphone while in the case. This is perfect and snug. You can operate it with one hand for iPhone.
on March 20, 2013
great product! only thing is sometimes the phone will fall, but i believe that its just my phone backing. EDIT---I fixed the falling issue with a piece of packing tape on the back of my phone. Now it will actually take off my backing haha...

BUYERS BEWARE! I live in Texas so it can be hot sometimes. I've noticed a gooey grey goop that has been dripping down my windshield from this product. Its easy to clean off window but I'm not sure if it would be wise to put this on the dash. No issues but sometimes the goop is distracting when unable to attend. Forewarning

NO LONGER IN USE 12-1-13 Finally fell down, i guess all that goop was the stuff holding it to the windshield melted all away and now, kaput. :(
on July 9, 2013
This holder works very well and holds either my cell phone or my Samsung 7" tab 2. Great for holding the android pad for using Google Navigation with live traffic routing to get where I need to go. For the price, you can't really lose.
on December 7, 2013
At first this phone holder was the best one I ever bought: no pushing or clamping necessary, just simply "stick" any size/style phone (even in a hard shell cover) to the green pad, peel off (carefully though) when done. I was concerned that the stickyness would wear off and I prepared to have to rinse it often, but that never happened.

Could it be too god to be true that I found the perfect phone holder? It was: with the summer heat arriving the hinge gave way quickly and the weight of the phone would make it point down and I had to constantly adjust the phone upwards while driving - obviously not something you want to do... Tightening the single screw did not help, it was as tight as could be. The second surprise came when I tried to take off the holder from the windshield: the suction rubber had disintegrated into a glue kind of mess that would not come off, probably transformed by the summer heat. In short: I had to break off the device and then spend 1/2 hour with a razor blade and kitchen cleaners getting the goo off the window. Probably one of my worse experience this year with a smart phone gadget. Still 2 stars for the idea of a one-fits-all sticky pad, now please work on the quality of the materials.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 16, 2013
My wifes phone has a cover with glitter on it and because of that it wont stick. It works fine with my sons. So NO it will not work for all phones.
on August 12, 2013
This just didn't work well beyond 10 minutes and never worked in a hot car. It's a great idea that just won't hold a simple phone.
on June 15, 2013
Hasn't fallen off the windshield after 6 days. Already that is a vast improvement to most of the other stuff on the market.
on July 18, 2013
i preferred this one over the regular sized one because we a have a small scion and this fits it it better.
on June 29, 2013
I love it, my ipod doesn't fall of and i can easily reach it without having to multitask. It's very awesome
on August 24, 2013
The backing is a gel that left a sticky goop all over my windshield, the green pad didn't hold my phone as securely as I wanted, and the mount eventually melted off of my windshield on a hot day leaving a mess on my dashboard.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse