Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Go-Go Ultra X 3-Wheel Travel Mobility Scooter
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 1, 2013
This is a wonderful little scooter, although I bought it from a store-front retailer in another state and it's red, not blue .. it was on sale.. it is mostly suitable for ambulatory people who can't walk distances for whatever reason. For this reason (and this alone) had I to do it over I might have chosen the 4-wheel model for stability purposes only. The turning radius is phenomenal, but you really have to take it SLOW or the chances for tipping increases exponentially. Additionally, it is by NO means an all-terrain vehicle.. and with 3 wheels you must really be cognizant of surfaces when traveling .. it has a 2" above ground level carriage, so speed bumps and cracked pavement must be negotiated with care and SLOWLY. Having said all this, I find this little guy a wonderful help, and has restored pleasantly much of my life again.. totally worth the price.

On the ETC list: Do yourself a favor and purchase the back of the seat basket.. before I bought this scooter when I went to the store to buy (together) a big bottle of Clorox, a large bottle of wine, and a large liquid detergent bottle, by the time I got to the sidewalk outside the grocery store with that sack I was so breathless just wanted to call a taxi.. the basket looks relatively small, but one very large sack can be "crammed" into it.. additionally, my suitcase will fit in it with my carry on wedged behind my knees on the carriage floor.. plenty of room.. the airlines took the suitcase for checking at the airport, and I rode the scooter to the gate where they took it away from me; I just grabbed my carry on first to take to my seat. Upon arrival, the scooter was waiting in gate area for me.. wow! It was terrific. The battery is always a concern at the airport (they run the scooter separately if you can stand to pass through the X-RAY machine) but it has always passed muster.
review image
on October 21, 2011
I have had a pride Go Go Scooter for four years. I bought it at Walmart for $1000. It just broke down. The one on Amazon is cheaper and looks like the same model. It has greatly extended my mobility. I put it in the trunk of my Corolla and remove it when I want to go shopping. It was very dependable for four years. I would recommend it. Sure a lot cheaper than buying a van with a lift, etc.
11 comment|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2012
Pros: Lightweight, breaks down and can go in a trunk. Can handle 250 pounds easily, great for indoors with sufficient speed. Very maneuverable.

Cons: Not as good outside. Rough ride over gravel and grass. Low clearance. Can heat up in hot weather. It's compact in size, meaning you cannot move your legs around a lot.

We purchased the Go Go last month. We first tested it outside over gravel and grass in 100 degree heat. The unit overheated and did not handle the grass well. It was very bumpy over gravel. It would not go up a 22 degree incline with my wife on it. It shut down twice in the heat and the grass.

Admittedly this was the worst case scenario for this scooter considering its low ground clearance and light weight, but my wife and I feel this scooter is not really meant for outdoor use on areas with hills, gravel streets or on the beach.

We then took it to a hotel convention for a three day weekend. Here it shined, with good battery life, high maneuverability and ease of use. My wife's only complaint was that she could not stretch her legs out because of its short length. She said the seat was liveable for long periods of time, she could add padding if needed. The front basket took most of her stuff, but we are considering the purchase of a rear basket to hold a backpack or larger purse. Happily a rear basket is available for this scooter.
on September 20, 2013
I did a lot of research prior to purchasing this. There are more expensive scooters and a few cheaper. Though the Free Shipping helped make my decision and the fact that the seller has been in business for decades gave me the confidence for this $800 purchase. It showed up within the time I expected and the box was delivered with only one hitch. Since it was shipped to a business address the shipping company (Fedex) had to call and confirm delivery. When I opened the box there was some damage to the controls and I needed to contact tech support to get them to repair it. Tech support was friendly and very responsive. A+ there. They had the replacement parts shipped to the local repair technician who contacted me and scheduled an onsite repair that took just a few minutes. So for those who are on the fence on this chair. Go for it. It is a great chair and the support is great. The electric motor has plenty of torque to move me and a ton of equipment I have on it. And it recharges quick and holds a long charge. I held off writing the review until I had a chance to put it through some use and abuse and it sure can take it. Lots of great features and it sure looks good too. If you need more balance get the 4 wheeled version. I am using it for a foot injury and don't mind getting a little loose on the three wheels.
on October 25, 2012
I ordered this item, manufactured by Pride Mobility but handled for Amazon by reseller called MedLife Health. The item was listed as Prime for 2-day delivery. It was immediately posted as SHIPPED, specifying that the carrier was UPS but with no tracking number. Nothing ever showed up. I queried MedLife Health and they told me that it had indeed shipped and would be there "very soon." A week later and three more queries from me and MedLife responded that they would check with Pride. I called Pride and found out that they were unwilling ever to do business with MedLife Health. I cancelled the order and MedLife responded that I could have a similar but better item in a few days for only a little bit more. I told them to take a hike.
33 comments|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2013
My father has had this product before and it lasted almost 10 years.
We thought it was time for a replacement and like horses you don't quit a winner.
So I order him a new one and he is very well pleased with the scooter and the fast service.
He has only one problem and that is with the 2 small wheels is the back , they get hung up on door
threshold and he has to turn the scooter off and on to reset the unit.
Other wise all is good.
on March 10, 2012
Fits in the trunk of my car. Base unit part may be too heavy for a frail person to load and unload from their trunk by themselves. Drives and handles very nice and quiet.
33 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2013
I brought this one to replace my old scooter--13 years old. Same brand Pride Go-Go. It has improve a lot--much smoother ride where as my old scooter was jerky ride. Improved seat with arms. And better battery gauge to read--I found myself no need for guessing how much power I have left like the old one. And easier to take apart too!
on June 22, 2016
This Go Go Ultra X 3 wheeler has to be about the best all-around scooter there is. Several years ago I bought one. It was easy to use, fit in the trunk, reliable, I could use it in the house, pretty good range, a whole bunch more, but... I got the idea while camping that a slightly larger, 4 wheeler would be better on dirt, grass, etc. The Ultra X could do it but it was "iffy" (I did dump it once in the park from a gopher hole I didn't see). So... I
bought a 4 wheel Go-Go Sport. Longer range, more stability, bigger wheels handled dirt & grass better. I could still get it in the back of the car, but due to heavier pieces, I had to rig up an electric hoist to lift some of the pieces.
I traded in my Ultra X when I got the Sport. But, recently, I found myself longing for the ease & simplicity of my old Ultra X. So... I bought one here on Amazon. It arrived on schedule, delivered to my garage by UPS. The outside of the box had some battle scars & had a small split at one end, so I took a couple of pictures just in case. There were some instruction on the box about where to open 1st. Once opened I found that the Pride packaging is extremely protective so the box COULD have been much more damaged & the scooter would still have been unharmed..
I'm somewhat crippled from a stroke (very weak left leg & little or no use of left arm & hand). Still, I had no problem unboxing & assembling the scooter.
Both scooters are EXCELLENT scooters. My experience with Pride products has always been top notch. My Ultra X is my everyday scooter. Shopping, mostly. It's so easy to put the pieces in & out of the back of the car & assembly is a snap.
For what it's worth, when I had my 1st Ultra X, I found that the battery was good enough for a day at Disneyland but, just barely. I'd do power conservation tricks, avoid anything that was up-hill, etc., but once, my daughter had to push me from the tram to the parking structure.
BUT WAIT! If your intended use requires a greater range, I did research, contacted Pride service, etc., & I can positively state that the large battery box & batteries for the Go Go Elite traveler, & my Go Go Sport fit & work perfectly in the Ultra X. So, If your need is for greater range than the standard batteries provide, you can always buy the larger box & batteries on line easy enough.
on January 5, 2014
I've had a go-go scooter for over three years and put over 2500 miles on it and still have the original battery. Usually get 12 to 14 miles a charge. Issue I currently have is after searching the internet for the past few months I haven't been able to find a replacement battery or a website for the go-go manufacturer. Very frustrating.