5.0 out of 5 stars Took a load off!
I highly recommend this item to anyone looking for an easy, no hassle way to manage your luggage and car seat without adding bulk. While searching for a solution I saw carts and straps designed to strap the seat to YOU. This made it easy for me to care for my child and manage my luggage.

I LOVED using this during my recent train trip. I was traveling with my...
Published on June 13, 2012 by K.A.K.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Work on Britax Car Seats
Published 11 months ago by Monica

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Took a load off!, June 13, 2012
This review is from: Go-Go Babyz Travelmate Car Seat Luggage Strap, Orange, One Size (Baby Product)

I LOVED using this during my recent train trip. I was traveling with my toddler and was very nervous about handling my luggage on my own. I was comfortable using this without the directions after the first time.
I have an all-in-one car seat, so very bulky compared to other models. I was able to strap my car seat on my own while wearing (Ergo Baby carrier) my 1-yr old. I was able to fasten this quickly on my own. The idea of dragging my child behind me is a bit unsettling [to me] so I did not use this as a seat, but as storage for my diaper bag and a blanket. I covered my seat with my sun protector I use in the car and everything held in place.

STRAP
The material used for the strap seems durable and I experienced no fraying during use. I imagine if I were a frequent traveler and dependent on storage, snags would start to pull at the threads. I'm confident that with my travel habits this will last for some time.

BUCKLES/FASTENER
The pieces that fasten the belt seem very durable and I had no concerns of breaking them while tightening.
The buckle used to shorten and lengthen the strap is plastic and the strap is thread in a way where you don't have to worry about losing and re-threading from the strap slipping through.

STORAGE
I wish they provided a storage bag/pouch. That would've been handy during the trip to ensure it doesn't get damaged in a bag or something while not in use. I will definitely find one for it though cause this is a must have for me on future trips.

USE
I found the strap easy to apply while luggage was both standing and laying down.
Once tightened, I experienced no slipping or shifting while rolling my luggage. My suitcase remained easy to maneuver and my car seat did not drag.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Work on Britax Car Seats, October 16, 2013
I bought this product at a retail store and did not test it out prior to arriving at the airport. Guess who got to lug a large Britax car seat through the airport? The "ratchet" piece of the strap is too bulky to thread through the car seat in the correct spot so that it can be attached to the car seat. It also would have been a big pain to undo and reattach while going through security, so I didn't even bother with it. I like the concept, but it was not at all functional for my particular car seat (Britax Boulevard).

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great!, November 26, 2012
I almost bought the GoGo cart, but couldn't justify the $$. This strap worked GREAT. We didn't have our child ride in the seat, I carried her in the Ergo, but to get through the airport, this was a breeze.

We have a Recaro Proride and put it on a smallish carry-on.

5.0 out of 5 stars life saver, February 6, 2013
Being a single mom whom travels alone with her child this was great easy to hook up and kept everything in place.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the concept, broke my luggage, March 25, 2014
Amie (Fort Worth, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I have a mid range roll aboard (American Tourister) and it broke my luggage on the first voyage. The concept and execution is great, just make sure you have heavy duty luggage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked Like a Charm with Graco Seat, December 27, 2013
Absolutely worth the money! this was so easy to use; from taking our car seat from the taxi through the airport on the airplane through security- it was a breeze with this strap. I practiced once with it at home to be sure it would fit our seat and short rolling carry on, and off we went.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ease of travel, April 4, 2014
This made traveling through the airport a beeeze-although we did have to take it on and off a bit through security and getting down the airplane aisles. Our son greatly enjoyed the ride!

5.0 out of 5 stars Trip made easy, December 14, 2013
Was so useful when traveling with my daughter. Getting threw the airport was so much nicer. I thought it would be hard to figure out but was easy and will never travel without it again

2.0 out of 5 stars Returned it, September 20, 2012
It's really hard to get this tight enough to stay in the right place. The ratchet is helpful, but unless you have hard luggage, your luggage is squishy and eventually this will compress it and fall down. We have a largish convertible seat (Britax Blvd) and the straps had to be really high so the seat didn't drag on the floor. To get this, you had to have one person hold the seat up and one tighten the strap. It's not easy to redo this once you've undone the whole set up to get through security, and would be nearly impossible with one person.

It might seem a drastic move, but we added a Diono Radian to our car seat collection for travel instead of this. It turns itself into a backpack and actually fits through the detector, unlike the Britax.

It's a good concept that doesn't work well in real life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this thing, July 21, 2014
Jessica (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
Love this thing. We have been on over 10 flights with our 2 year old and used this on every single one. It makes carrying the carseat so easy! Sometimes he will ride on it as shown in the picture, other times I will put my carry on bag in the carseat and he will walk with me. We have been asked several times about where to buy it while at the airport. It takes a little practice to be able to cinch the strap quickly and it is a pain to dismantle for TSA and when getting on the plane. But once it's ready to go, it is a great product!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›