Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on October 2, 2010
I was trying to find a good reliable scooter that was both versatile and easy to use. After extensive research of customer reviews, the Go-Go e;ite t traveler appeared to be the hands-down winner. I contacted my approved supplier, was given more good feedback, and ultimately ordered the scooter. About 2 weeks after I got it, the power indicator stopped working. The tech person from my supplier came out and replaced it for me right away. A couple of weeks later, the scooter started surging, intermittently speeding up and slowing down, and twice it just stopped dead (one time in the middle of crossing a busy street). I called and my supplier had an outside service company,HME Repair Team, come out to look at it, but they could not find the problem. Shortly after that, the transaxel started making a clicking soun which got worse every day. HME came out and determined that the transaxel was defective, ordered a new one, and installed it. About 2 weeks later the noise returned. This time the repai company asked to take it to the shop for a computer bench test. They left me with a loaner power chair (not a scooter) and took it in. After several days they did not get back tome with a report, and would not call me back at all. About two weeks went by with no news until I recieved an e-mail. I was told that the tires were defective and that they would replace them. This type of thing went on for 2 MONTHS until they finally returned the scooter and was told that they ultimately had to replace not only the tires, but another new transaxel, motor, speed pot,and throttel. Believe it or not I only had it back for 1DAY and the surging started again, and then the motor/transaxel assembly broke loose from one of the bolts that hold it to the frame. Needless to say, I am once again without my scooter. I dont know if my Go-Go Elite is just a lemon, or has Pride Mobility changed something recently that has resulted in producing a scooter of much poorer quality than they are known for.
If they can produce this scooter better, I could be persuaded to recommend the Go-Go Elite to others since it does have some redeeming qualities such as eases of disassemly, transportability, and good looks.
55 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2012
This is the most amazing & helpful scooter. I broke my leg & was struggling w/a walker & cane. It was so painful because I have a bad knee on the leg that wasn't broken & trying to move the broken leg each time would send a stream of pain up & down the leg. It was agony each time I had to go to the bathroom & then try to get back to the couch/daybed. So I saw the electric scooters/shoppers at the grocery store & thought, what about that. I researched & found this model & got 1. My husband was yelling that it would never do because we have a smalll 2 story house with not alot of room because he thought it would be as large as the grocery store scooter. When we got it though, we were so pleased because it is not that big, not much larger than a wheel chair. I was having excruciating muscle cramps in my calves in both legs & the doctor said I needed to drink more water. I was puzzled because I have always been a big water drinker, then I realized I had cut down on my water intake so I wouldn't have to go to the bathroom & experience all that pain. Now my scooter takes me from the living room to the hallway bathroom, then to the kitchen, then to the dining room with my computer on the table, then back to the living room, it is fantastic! Also, it is very easy to charge up, just take the cord, plug it into the scooter on the battery & plug it into the wall. When the light turns green, it is charged. It also has a basket in the front, where I can transport a few items or clothes. It has changed my whole attitude! No longer am I that helpless creature in pain all the time, dependent on my husband to get me this or get me that. As long as it is downstairs, I can get it myself & carry it back to where I want it. Last night, in the middle of the night, I even used the scooter in the dark to go to the bathroom. Today, I am going to the doctor, so my husband is going to be testing breaking the scooter down & then reassembling it at the doctor's office. He already broke it down once & reassembled it, so we'll see how this goes today. I will update you later on how that went. One other benefit is that it is fun! I had a few little crashes while learning how it drives but the construction is very sturdy & very ergonomical designed & seems to be dent proof. Thank Goodness!
on February 27, 2011
I bought this scooter for my dad. Unfortunately, he was only able to use it briefly in his house before he died. I then tried to use it for transportation around the hanger area at my local airport. The scooter, from the beginning, would surge, stop only after a few feet, may or may not start again after turning the key on and off. It might run for ten minutes and then just quit. It would quit if going over a small bump. Sometimes it would not start at all for a day or two. I called for warranty service while still under warranty. Of course while it was being tested, it ran just fine, no problem noted. Well, it's long out of warranty, little use, very undependable. I thought mine was an isolated case. My neighbor has one. I described my problems to him. His has exactly the same issues. He took it on a cruise ship and said it frequently left him stranded in the middle of a corridor. He can't walk. Anyhow, when it works, it is a good little scooter. It is easy to take apart and transport. The batteries, although left unattended for months at a time charge right away and have good strength. However, it is totally undependable. And, apparently this is not the only one. It doesn't get used because it won't run. I can't sell it because it won't run and can't tell what is wrong with it.

Update: After five years of occasional effort to find what was causing the issues with this scooter, the problem may have been discovered. The battery box has three exposed prong connectors that, when sitting the battery down and onto the machine, extend into three receptacles. As part of the previous efforts to determine what was causing the scooter to just quit frequently, this battery connector area had been examined closely and appeared to be just fine. However, the other day I took a small round file and lightly scored the interior of the receptacles. I took fine sand paper and lightly buffed the prongs. That appears to have corrected the problem. Apparently, the metal on one or all of them was coated with something or corroded enough to not conduct current adequately. It has now run about one hour without quiting. Hopefully, five years later, this has cured the problem that has been an issue since it was new. If so...IF...this is now a good little scooter.

Update to the update: Back to the drawing board. After finally working for a while, it has now suddenly quit again, won't start, can't find the problem. It is dead. It finally died after again surging and stopping and starting as it had previously done. That's it. I'm declaring it completely unreliable and a worthless piece of junk. Wish it wasn't.

Update to the update to the update: Now, several months later, finally got it to run again for a brief while. But now, while cruising along, it suddenly slams on its brakes, locking the wheels and throwing me forward. It is doing this every several hundred feet.
44 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2014
The scooter was easy to assemble and has worked as expected. I had rented this model a few times before purchasing one, and I am quite pleased with it. The only reason I gave this product a 4 star instead of a 5 star was due to shipping issues. I was told delivery would be within a three day window. After arranging for someone to be home to bring in the unit, it never arrived. There was no way to track the package as I normally do with Amazon items. I had to contact amazon to find out when my scooter would arrive.
on November 13, 2015
This Go Go scooter was a replacement for our previous scooter of the the same model. This particular model fit our needs very well. It is easy to disassemble and put in the trunk of our car, and easy to re-assemble for use. The individual pieces are not too heavy for me to lift in and out of the car trunk, and I am 90 years of age! These features allow my wife to shop independently in large stores, and call me to pick her up when she is ready to come home. The controls are easy to use and the seat is comfortable. The height of the seat can be adjusted for the rider, and there is plenty of leg room for an average size person. The 3 wheel model allows tight turns, and the scooter is stable when making those tight turns. The batteries are easy to charge, and they hold their charge well if the user follows the directions for maintenance.
on June 13, 2015
great little scooter, i have had five gailed knee replacements on left knee and cant walk now, i would be stranded without it, i just wish o could find teplacement shrouds for the back, the velcro wasnt good and lost both of them
, you wont be disappointed in this little scooter,
on December 25, 2014
I got a different brand, it didn't work for me, wanted the Go Go Elite, the one I got does not have the turning ratio for me...gonna have to sell it on Craigslist, I should have made sure what it was that was being sent.
on August 28, 2015
Love my scooter.
on December 2, 2012
I had a Go-Go for several years with great success and wore it out. Got my second one 6 months ago and it tipped off my car lift and 'killed' the transaxle. They cost to much to buy from a dealer so I want to find a used transaxle. Please help!