Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Style Name: Black Edition|Change

on September 6, 2012
I like the convenience of the lightweight boards. It makes carrying the item easy and the storage easy as well. My major complaint involves the bags that come with the game. The bags are pretty bad and need work. They are filled with sand but the sand is within some plastic bag type thing and the feel of the bag just does not work. I wish they would upgrade to the traditional corn filled bag as it would make the game a whole lot better. We got a lot of use out of the game over labor day weekend but all of my friends gave me a hard time about the bags.

UPDATE: I received a message from GoPong alerting me to the fact that they have decided to change their bags to premium all weather bags (duck cloth with plastic pellet fill) which they will be sending to me.
11 comment|99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2012
We bought this game to replace an old wooden set that finally gave out, and so far we are very happy with the new one. We were worried since this set wasn't wood that it wouldn't work as well or be as durable, but this set plays just like the traditional all-wood versions and the aluminum frame makes it just as sturdy. Unlike the heavy all-wood sets, this one is much more portable as the boards fold up with carrying handles so it is easy to bring to tailgates, parties in the park, camping etc. There was no case for the bags, but we just store them inside the folded game-boards since they latch tightly. Bag quality is very good and they get the perfect amount of slide on the board surface. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a regulation size CornHole set.
on July 22, 2015
These are light and portable which is great. They are nearly regulation size (not height) but the downside to these is they have a lot of bounce to them and they are too light so when bags bounce on them the boards scoot around. What I did to solve this issue.... purchased a sheet of 4x8 3/8" underlayment material (similar to MDF wood) from home depot @ $9.99 for the sheet of wood. Used my table saw to cut the sheet down to sizes to fit on the inside of the game boards and used wood glue and clamps (temporary clamping till glue sets) and this solved the problem. They are a tad heavier now, they have NO bounce at all and they still fold up just as they are intended. With my modifications I give these 4-4.5 stars. Without the modification, 3 stars.
review image
on August 20, 2013
This set is extremely light weight!! While that being a great selling point, it also leads to some minor down-falls. The aluminum construction is prone to bending if you don't open it carfully. Take your time setting it up, and you won't have any problems. Get in a hurry, and you may bend the cross-member that ties the legs together (like I did). Luckily I was able to bend it back, and only I know it was ever bent. The set does not play like a traditional set. The bags do not slide upon contact with the playing surface as much as a wooden board set (with multible coats of polyuratane). Bags also bounce sugnificantly more due to the thinner construction. Much like a trampoline. Now while this is VERY IRRITATING TO A SEASONED PLAYER. I found it easy to get use to. In fact I found that the corn-hole veterans were the only people to complain about it, since it brought them temporarily back to novice status. Now although these quarks caused a temporary rejection from the corn-hole experts, the fact that I carried both boards a block to the beach without even breaking a sweat made it all worth while! Try that with traditional wooden boards! You'd look like a fool! We had just as much fun as we had with the heavier ones, and at the end of the day, I packed them up and walked em back to the room proudly. Even the veterans were taking about getting a pair for their awesome portability.

Also I will add that the bags are as good as any I've seen. They have now survived no less than 50 game plays and still look like new. So what ever problem early sets had with bags opening seems to have been addressed by the manufacturer.
on May 12, 2015
Comparable regulation dimensions in a easily portable, lightweight, well constructed, all around set for having fun playing cornhole at the beach, backyard, and tailgating. First day, pulled it straight out of the box, set up in under a minute, played for hours. We were anxious to see the difference playing on this set versus the massive wooden tournament set we had. While we have no aspirations (or delusions) of becoming cornhole professionals we are still quite competitive and wanted a set with somewhat regulation dimensions. The differences we noted are minimal and we certainly had as much fun as on the wooden set. Actually, more so as we didn't have to lug the 40+ pound each wooden boards back to the garage. Just stowed bags inside the frames, folded, clasped, and carried in like large square briefcases.
I have included the following measurements of this set. For anyone interested they could compare them to the American Cornhole Organization (ACO) website.
Each Cornhole Board Platform is 23 1/2" x 47 1/4" with a 5 3/4" diameter hole (including it's plastic edge guard), centered 9" from top of board and centered 12" from each side edge.
The front of the board is 1 1/2" from the ground to the top of the playing surface.
The back of the board is 12” from the ground to the top of the playing surface.
This set has 8 bags (4 red, 4 blue). Each bag is made from a single twill fabric rectangle folded into a square stiched on three sides and double-stitched 3/4 way down one side.
Each bag measures roughly 5 1/2" square and weigh 10.4 to 10.6 ounces.
According to the Mfg. "If your bags get dirty from playing outdoors, they can be hand washed with soap and hot water (they are filled with plastic, not corn, so they will not rot)."
If the weight and/or construction of the bags is a concern an extra set of regulation (15 to 16 oz., all double-stitched sides) bags could be substituted. In my humble opinion the bag set included is an acceptable "family weight" set good for everyone including younger, smaller, and older players.
Weight of one board platform is 11.8 pounds.
Folded board platform 23 5/8" square. (Approx. 24 1/16" across the sides including the handle)
Also note there are very slight raised edges around the perimeter of the board playing surface and the hole. These edges and the seam in the board center did not appear to hinder bag movement or play.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on July 9, 2015
Bought this style less than a year ago and have to spend more money on a new set. See photo attached. Do not let them stay outside in the weather. They claim to be all weathered, but this style was exposed a few times to rain and as a result can no longer be used. The bags punched a hole in the board after it rained. This style allows the bag to bounce too much on the board. A huge disadvantage from playing on wooden board.
review image
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Wina,

We are very sorry to hear about the issue with your set. Regarding the water resistant surface - this means the game will be fine if drinks spill on it or if you play on wet grass. However the care instructions clearly state that the game should never be left out in the rain. You may have missed this though, so we would be happy to send you a replacement set for free so you can get further enjoyment out of your set (just remember to leave it inside when not using it). Please email us your address to info@pandpimports.com.

P&P / GoSports
on May 3, 2012
We bought this Cornhole game primarily for it's portability which it does in fine fashion.

The first time we played this game the rubber inserts than line the holes came loose as they are were not attached in any way. These inserts are there to prevent undue wear on the corn bags. I bought a bottle of Weldwood Contact Cement and used the cement to secure the rubber inserts which seems to have solved that problem. Don't know if this was an oversight or if the game normally comes with the rubber hole inserts unsecured.

The game plays as it should and we are happy with it except for the annoyance with the rubber hole inserts.
on June 29, 2015
Good product. Terrible quality received. I took pics straight out of the box the day I received it for proof. Dents in the frame, scratches on the paint, slight rust spots, dirty, etc. Awful QA before this item went out to the customer. Shipping it back will just be a pain. I wouldn't buy from them again.
review image review image review image review image
on December 2, 2015
These boards are a whole lot of fun! I bring these up to the fire station to play with my other people on duty during long shifts. Definitely some ups and downs though:

ADVANTAGES
- Easy to carry. Each of these boards folds in half, locks, and has a handle. This makes them a million times easier to carry than the thousand pound wood boards. The bags even slide inside the board so you don't have to carry them separately.
- Portable. Because these fold it's super easy to throw them in the car and not have to worry about making room for them like you would with a wooden set.

DISADVANTAGES
- Lightweight. While this is a good thing for portability, it's not good when throwing bags at it. The boards are really bouncy because they have some give to them when the bag lands. The boards also slide around if on a hard surface (even textured concrete where wood boards would not).
- Folding. Because they can fold they have a metal bar in the middle which a) reverse bends just a little bit when the bag lands and b) catches the bag just a little when the bag slides over it. Overall, the bags slide over it pretty well but it does make a difference.
- Plastic lip on hole. Where wood boards are smooth all the way into the hole, these have a plastic lip which is raised above the board to make the hole smooth and circular. This makes a lot of bags catch on the hole and not fall down.
- Sliding doesn't exist. On wooden boards you can hit the board below the hole and slide it in. Not on these boards. The bag bounces instead of slides.

Overall, these boards are still pretty fun. You have to adjust your game to the board anyway. It's not for super serious cornholers, but for the traveling cornholer I'd recommend it.
on September 27, 2015
This is a very nice CornHole set because it's light, foldable and of reasonably decent quality. I believe it is also regulation size, 4x2. There were 2 serious problems which have now been corrected. I would have rated the set 3 stars but now rate it as 5 stars because the problems are solved.
1st problem: One board arrived gouged and had marks all over the board surface and looked used. I exchanged the set and all is good with that now. They should have much better quality control.
2nd and most serious problem: Both sets, the original and the replacement set, arrived with light weight(10oz) TOXIC smelling bags. This is totally unacceptable. The smell stayed on my hands for hours after playing the game and I also got a headache from the smell. They smell dangerously toxic, like a chemical smell. Fortunately an email to the company got a nice response from "Danielle" who offered to send a replacement set of bags. Happily the new bags are the same size(6x6) but NO SMELL and they weigh more at 14-15oz which I think is regulation weight. Now I am totally happy with the set.
The set should come with these "premium" bags(also sold separately on Amazon) and I would not mind paying a few dollars more as the original "toxic" bags are totally unacceptable in my opinion.