4.0 out of 5 stars wobbles to AND fro
Wobbles just fine, dvd showed a number of ways to use it.

This is more of a balance board, for toning and working muscles if you ski, snow/skate board.

Published on May 12, 2007 by M. Jobbagy

Published on July 4, 2007 by BB

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars wobbles to AND fro, May 12, 2007
This review is from: GoFit Ultimate Wobble Board (Sports)
Wobbles just fine, dvd showed a number of ways to use it.

We purchased to use to help strengthen an ankle after a injury. Had been using one borrowed from someone. The one we borrowed had a much higher 'ball' underneath, making much more of an angle for rotating better.

When researching these, we found that they mostly just gave the diameter of the platform you stand on, most didn't mention how high it stood off the ground which makes a big difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's your own private physical therapist!, June 30, 2007
This review is from: GoFit Ultimate Wobble Board (Sports)
I bought this after a serious ankle sprain a year ago did not heel up well. It left me with lots of scar tissue and fears of needing ankle surgery down the line. The DVD shows you lots of great exercises for ankle strengthening and over-all balance improvement. I feel better navigating steep stairs carrying my 1 year old after just a couple workouts with it! I feel like I'll be able to ice skate and ski with my kids now! Cool!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good tool for improving ankle range of motion and stability, February 24, 2007
Ruby (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GoFit Ultimate Wobble Board (Sports)
I first used a wobble board during physical therapy (post ankle surgery), and it was one of the most challenging but effective tools for me to gradually regain range of motion and stabiity. With the help of a good ankle guard (i.e. Active Ankle) I have been able to resume playing sports and avoid re-injury for over 3 years. However, since I can't wear the ankle guard with dress/business shoes, I have had some close calls.

I have decided to try the wobble board again, since it work well the first time. However, the PT version is quite expensive, so I bought the Go Fit model. I was able to play the DVD, so perhaps Go Fit has fixed the compatibility problem? It was also nice to find some of the same exercises I had learned at PT in the accompanying instructional DVD.

A word of warning... The instructor on the DVD is a bit dull, and the demonstrations are quite brief. Be prepared to hit "replay" or "pause" if you wish to work both sides of your body. On the positive side, neither the instructor nor the model tried to portray the exercises as "easy". Be prepared to work but it's probably best to start slow.

5.0 out of 5 stars I use it every day, February 17, 2008
This review is from: GoFit Ultimate Wobble Board (Sports)
This wobble board is great. There are cheaper ones out there, but they are not anywhere near as well made as this one. I have been using it for a month now. I had a problem with tendinitis in my heels, which caused me to stop running about six months ago. I have been doing Heavyhands exclusively, which is great for my upper body, but I wanted to strengthen my ankle area and maybe have less pain in my heels when I get up in the morning. Well, now the pain is almost gone and I have the wobble board to thank for it.
I should mention that this wobble board, as compared to the cheaper ones I have tried, has a greater surface area, an anti-slip surface, and sits higher off the ground than the competing wobble boards. This makes it more challenging to use. When I use it in conjunction with my Heavyhands workout, it really ramps up the intensity. I'm in better shape than when I ran every day. I may never go back to running now!

3.0 out of 5 stars Like the Board, Very Disappointed with GoFit Customer Service, July 4, 2007
This review is from: GoFit Ultimate Wobble Board (Sports)
Ordered the wobble board and like another reviewer, received the board along with the DVD. The DVD is defective (will not play on any of my DVD players or computer) so I contacted GoFit directly; my thought is that I would like to keep the board and not go through hassle of returning it with DVD to Amazon, just to get a new DVD. My hope is that GoFit would agree to send me a new DVD. Well, I contacted the company through their website, and called their customer service line (did not receive a 'live' person, even though it was during normal business hours, so left a voice mail message). That was over a week ago and no one from GoFit has contacted me. Anyway, I like the board but very disappointed with GoFit customer service. Will not buy a GoFit product again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Board's fine, DVD's not, November 5, 2006
This review is from: GoFit Ultimate Wobble Board (Sports)
The wobble board is well contructed, no complaints there. However, the instructional DVD was defective and an e-mail to the company went unanswered. I'd think twice before ordering from them again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Product is useful, but ..., September 19, 2007
This review is from: GoFit Ultimate Wobble Board (Sports)
Like the product itself for ankle strengthening-used it with exercises reccmmended by my physical therapist; works well and is sturdy; however, accompanying disc with core exercises did not work either in my DVD player or computer-error message said it was not "playable"; contacted company about this but never received a reply-disappointing

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be high quality but...., April 7, 2009
This review is from: GoFit Ultimate Wobble Board (Sports)
I would have liked to have seen a picture of the bottom of the board before I purchased it. Turns out this is a "10 degree" board which means the ball on the bottom that creates the rocking motion is very small. It is much harder to do one-legged work on this board so I am returning it and trying to find one with a much bigger ball on the bottom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great board; helped with sprained ankle, November 3, 2008
This review is from: GoFit Ultimate Wobble Board (Sports)
About a month or so ago, I sprained my ankle pretty severely and was worried about rehabbing it enough so I could hit the roads and start running again. I did some research and decided to order a wobble board to strengthen my ankles and reorient my proprioreceptors that affect balance when walking or running. I would call this a middle-of-the-line board in terms of price, which was very reasonable, and I have been very satisfied with the quality. I've gotten very good at standing on it, and the level of difficulty is satisfactory. It comes with a fitness DVD which I have not watched to completion because I find them boring, but if that's your thing you may like it. Overall, the wooden board seems very high quality and I am pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-Built and no Flat Spots, June 17, 2009
This review is from: GoFit Ultimate Wobble Board (Sports)
I purchased the go-fit board when it was the first one i was able to find without a flat spot in the fulcrum (there are certainly others). If you need/want a flat spot, look elsewhere!

Some of my friends do not like the added difficulty this creates, but it is a feature i was looking for specifically. There are no surprises here, it does exactly what it says it will do. There are 360 degrees of balance, and no rest when you are parallel to the ground. It forces you to keep constantly active. The top grip tape grips sufficiently, but is a bit uncomfortable on bare feet in extended sessions (10+ minutes). The plastic base seems sturdy enough, and allows for extremely easy spinning, but not slipping. Even spinning on linoleum, i feel secure the board will not fly out from under me.

The supplied DVD worked fine for me, i am thinking they fixed the issue brought up by other customers. I dont use the DVD for workouts, so i cant comment on timing or anything like that.

One exercise i did not see on the DVD is a "running man" type motion. I literally do a running motion with feet on opposite sides of the board, while maintaining control of the balance. It gets your heart going and is a great leg workout.

To exercise balance, you can put your feet in any conceivable position, but to get it down, one on each side of the board is probably best. In this position, focus on what force is used to move the board in different directions.

Force on both heels: Board tilts back
Force on both toes : Board tilts forward
Force on left toes : Board tilts to 10:30 position (as on a clock)
Force on right toes: Board tilts to 1:30 position
Force on left heel : Board tilts to 7:30 position
Force on right heel: Board tilts to 4:30 position

Why take the time to write all this out? When you focus on these principles, you can do some very interesting exercises. When simply balancing, you can become very mentally active in your exercise (i.e. board starts tilting to back left, you put pressure on right toes). once you get the active basics down, it starts to reprogram your muscle memory, and you think about it less.

To do more advanced exercises, you can do the running motion, while putting a spin between each "step." This is more difficult than it sounds, especially at speed. You wont see much benefit if you do not maintain control, as that is what these types of devices are all about! You can also hold the board at an angle in between parallel and an edge touching the ground. Once you get this down, you can slowly start circling the edge of the board around, ideally without it touching the ground, or becoming parallel with the ground.

If i were to buy again, i would definitely get the adjustable model. It is only ten dollars more and i wish i would have done it in the first place. I will be making a cutout out of wood, and placing it in between the fulcrum and the board, problem solved! but definitely more effort.

I use this for general balance training for everything from martial arts, to dancing, to trials biking. It is very effective in those areas. I find it more effective than air filled bubbles of the same purpose.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›