Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on January 8, 2012
This is a good, basic remote control vehicle. The battery compartment was a challenge, but my spouse figured it out, and now it's fine. The vehicle works on our carpet, and just has two simple turning directions. The noise level is reasonable. I wanted to discuss age, because sometimes the window that amazon puts on here isn't always consistent with the age that kids actually like something. So here is my observation: it's popular among the kids ages 3-5 who play at our house, and my 5 year old likes it. However, anyone older seems to play once and put it down, because it's too basic, so the age window of interest seems to be 3-5, maybe age 6.
on July 9, 2012
Bought this toy for my son's 2nd birthday and he loves it! It provides at least a good 7 minutes of entertainment at a time (and that is pretty long for a 2 year old!). Helps to teach him hand eye coordination and it only took him a couple of minutes to figure out how to steer it. We only wish it went slightly faster, as his little brother can crawl up and steal it, resulting in a fight. All in all, a good gift at a good value.
on April 3, 2013
This truck is pretty cool. It has a steering wheel shaped remote designed for small hands that only has one button. A big ol' rocker switch in the middle that drives forward and turns left. If you want to turn right? Too bad. You have to do a full 360. I don't mind that so much, especially with how much my 3 year old loved this truck. Now he's almost 5 and still loves it. The beauty lies in the simplicity. Any kid can run this truck. Range stinks and it doesn't like pile carpet too much but for $20, who cares.

You can remove the truck body and just run the chassis like a dune buggy. It looks goofy but goes a little faster and is a little easier on the batteries since it's lighter.
on July 17, 2015
My son is 18 months and obsessed with trucks and cars. I bought this for him for his birthday with the Prime Day deal, but I decided to take it out to test it before putting it away for 6 months. He is freaking out over it! It has two buttons, one to go forward and one to turn it, its easy for him to control. The remote is the perfect size for little hands. The body is a soft rubberish plastic, not hard like other RC cars. It seems very durable and drives over the carpet well. My only regret is that I didn't buy two because my almost 4 year old daughter is having a blast with it too. He's having so much fun with it, I have to try and bring myself to wrap it back up put it away until his birthday
review image
on January 28, 2015
I caught this when it was recently ~$10. From what I can tell using an amazon price tracking website, that price was a fluke and likely wont happen again.

That said, my 14 month old loves it. She's seen me play with my adult RC's and has tried to work the controllers, but couldn't. With this car it took just seconds since she loves to push buttons. While she may not understand that up means forward and down means spin around, she still enjoys it.

As far as quality, the car seems tough, She's dropped/thrown is a lot and it is still going. The range on it kinda sucks, no more than 12 feet and its stops dead in its tracks. Have to get closer to it for it to respond again. Sometimes the buttons stop working while they're being held down. The remedy is let go and press again.

All said and done, its good for $10. I would never pay $20 or more.
on July 10, 2015
Great little toy for my son. There are just 2 buttons to press so just about anyone can figure out how to play with it. My son loves driving it around the house. It goes great on carpet but once the battery gets low it starts to struggle. He quickly figured out how it works. You press one button to go forward and the other button spins the car in a complete circle.
on February 23, 2015
My son is only a yr old and is able to use this due to the simple operation and controls. He loves it and it's the first toy he goes for when he wakes up in the morning. Only one problem I've noticed is that of you do not turn the car off from the switch, it runs it's self even if the controller is off. Found that out the hard way when it triggered our home alarm one night. So always turn the car off if not in use. But other than that a great starter car for any child
on August 4, 2015
We love the soft rubber material so our toddler can really play with his first rc car! It's a very simple car but that's exactly what we wanted. Our 2 year old understands how it works and is enjoying it very much!
review image
on March 12, 2015
This is perfect for my 2 year old. It's rugged enough to survive a fall from 4 feet. It's fast enough to be fun, but no so fast as to be uncontrollable. Two large buttons make it go forward and spin clockwise. I don't know if it's by design, but before it spins, it backs up about an inch so that it can get clear of whatever he crashes in to.
on January 22, 2013
I seriously love this car for a first-time remote controlled car. Great materials for the car so it doesn't ruin furniture or siblings when crashed into them. Low rating since it didn't work 24 hours after the initial use. Amazon replaced the car without issue and the replacement seems to be working just fine.