4.0 out of 5 stars Easy on, easy off
I mounted the camera directly to the clamp, then clamped it to the engine bar on my large American-made motorcycle. The clamp held fast @50mph, did not move, and the video was vibration-free. I will update this review when I try the clamp/gooseneck combo. But based on the performance of the clamp alone, I would rate this product a 'buy'.

11/12/13 Update:...
Published 6 months ago by Ed Zeppelin

3.0 out of 5 stars Effective and useful
Theoretically, this looks like a great product - lets you quickly attach / detach a GoPro from most places. I used to have a problem with the amount of fiddling needed to mount a GoPro with the standard mounts.
Published 1 month ago by Ashish Tewari

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy on, easy off, October 17, 2013
Ed Zeppelin (Fat City, CO United States) - See all my reviews

11/12/13 Update:

Today I created video using the camera with the clamp/gooseneck combination. I clamped the assembly to the engine bar on the left side of my motorcycle and proceeded to ride at speeds up to 70mph. The video is usable, but it's clear the camera is moving around quite a bit in the windblast encountered when riding at highway speed. In my opinion, mounting the camera using the clamp alone, or using the suction cup ('panavise'), is a far more rigid setup for using the GoPro camera on a motorcycle.

This is not to say that the gooseneck isn't a handy mounting device; rather that it's not the best solution for use on a fast-moving vehicle where the camera will be sticking up in the wind, getting pushed around.

With that caveat, I recommend this product to the avid GoPro user.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing since...well....the GoPro, October 6, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Jaws Clamp Mount (Electronics)
Finally gopro releases a mount that doesn't require endless screwing and unscrewing. This clamp is very versatile as it gives you the ability to clamp it anywhere and gives you tons of shooting angles with the ease of simply clamping to your gear. This is definitely a must have for any gopro enthusiast. Comes in very handy for shooting on bikes & motorcycles where you are otherwise limited to the handle bar or roll bar mounts that can be limited and/or tedious to adjust.
The clamp is very solid & secure and holds up well in extreme situations. The goose neck is great for getting those awkward angles but it does fall victim to vibrations and shaking if used in motion(ie biking). It's best to not use the goose neck in these scenarios.

In short, definitely a must have in your GoPro kit!

5.0 out of 5 stars CLAMP YOUR GOPRO (almost) ANYWHERE!, October 24, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Jaws Clamp Mount (Electronics)
I own two GoPro Hero 3+s so I originally purchased two of these clamps. When I realized I could attach an adjustable neck to a second adjustable neck to double the flexible length, I purchased two more. Each neck is about 7" long so now, if I need to, I can reach a total adjustable length of 2'4" and the four combined necks have no trouble holding the GoPro with a battery bacpac in a waterproof case up. Really sturdy.

The clamp is also fantastic and is able to clip on to almost anything. Sometimes you really need to use your muscles to open it up all the way to clamp onto a larger pipe or something, but its not really an issue.

5 Stars all the way!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have accessory for GoPro cameras, October 23, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Jaws Clamp Mount (Electronics)
The camera can be directly mounted on the Jaw Clamp or the removable neck. GoPro now ships new items (head strap, jaw clamp mount, chest strap, suction cup) with flex mounts so you don't have to screw the camera anymore and can mount and unmount on different accessories directly and easily.

The removable neck is very strong and needs some force to adjust which is a good thing as it wont change position easily while shooting. I was expecting the neck to be a little larger but it does the job fine. Another good thing about the jaws clamp is that there is a rubber strap which helps when attaching to irregular or small items.

I previously bought a Gorillapd SLR Camera Tripod Eco (Black/Red) and GoPro Tripod Mounts to attach my GoPro to irregular items but now the Jaws Clamp alone does the job which is more sturdy, reliable and easy to use.

This is a multipurpose mount and can be attached to bikes, cars, tables, or anything which fits the Jaws Clamp.

5.0 out of 5 stars "ILL GIVE HIM THE CLAMPS!", February 12, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Jaws Clamp Mount (Electronics)
When i first received it, it was very stiff. Now that it has loosened up, it works great.

my only concern is what will happen 2 years from now. Will it get so loose to the point where it wont hold an angle? ill see.

so far so good! Tested it at K1 Karting, works great. Tested it at Disneyland and clamped it onto California Screaming Roller coaster, worked Great! Went drifting with it, clamped it to the fender, bumper, roll bar, and door at speeds up to 65MPH, worked great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tested the Jaws on a Road Bike, November 11, 2013
Jake G. Bursalyan (South San Francisco, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GoPro Jaws Clamp Mount (Electronics)
I just baught this item; still being tested for durability, but funtionality is outstanding. I've been using the GoPro series for the last couple of years. I love the XShot 2.0 for what it does (check it out for your GoPro accessories). Specific to the Jaws item here, I use it strictly for BIKING (road biking). I have a permenant item already attached, but I can't get really good shots regarding (only straight away). I always thought if GoPro came out with something that allows MOBILITY (moving the camera angle, WITHOUT stopping in motion), well, here it is!! I tested the item on angle shots, shots on the move while in motion, rear shots (cars coming up behind you), front views, and various other views. I biked for a couple of hours and wanted to see the various angle views that I can capture, this item does it well !!

It's built solid, durable, glamps on various functional ways. Holds the firm position as you angle the arm. My only concern is, will it last (WILL THE POSITION HOLD AS YOU MOVE THE ARM, OR WILL IT START TO SLACK????? I am an avid long distance road rider, I will put this item to the test !!! I normally do day rides over a 100 miles in distance, Century rider, and multi day rider, this item will be test on the bike :) I have 4 batteries, and am able to use the GoPro for safety AND documenting my adventures with family and myself on the road.

I have not used it yet for any other items, otherthan on the ROAD BIKE. Buy the item, you will not regret it for your GoPro accessories (this was the missing link with me), I feel like my accessories are now complete. (it does vibrate a bit though, can't be prevented, the stem is built firm.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Effective and useful, February 25, 2014
Ashish Tewari (Maharshtra, India) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GoPro Jaws Clamp Mount (Electronics)
In practice, it's pretty good - the clamp is large enough to fit most places, the mounts are secure, and the spring is hard enough to make sure it doesn't slip off. It does have a problem with vibration, though - the length of the arm means that even the slightest looseness in the point where the arm attaches to the clamp, means the camera will gently rock / sway enough on a moving platform to be noticeable in the video.
Other than that, it's a great add-on; probably the best and most useful all-purpose mount you can have, other than a headstrap mount.

5.0 out of 5 stars I dig it......, April 9, 2014
Danny (Nor Cal, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GoPro Jaws Clamp Mount (Electronics)
For one, this clamp is strong! (Nice and tight!!) Hasn't ever failed me.......the gooseneck is very stiff as well.......really keeps the camera in place very well.........I dig it......

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this litte mount!, March 22, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Jaws Clamp Mount (Electronics)
I'm always trying to take pics or video at the beach with my GoPro camera. The only thing is, if you don't have it mounted on a tripod, it's a pain in the ass to be in the picture or the video due to the underwater housing, and the complexity of some of the mounts. This Jaw Clamp mount comes in handy just about anywhere. Just clip it on anything, (chair, tree limb, railing, etc), then move the head around to the position you want, and start the video! It's not very expensive, and it solves a lot of issues when it comes to taking video, or pics!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very handy accessory, March 1, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Jaws Clamp Mount (Electronics)
I clipped this doodad to my kayak while in Grand Cayman. Stayed on the whole trip. At times I removed the jaws and used the flexible shaft as a handle while doing other activities such as snorkeling. Well worth the investment. I wouldn't use my GoPro as much without it.

ARRAY(0x9fbad2a0)