5.0 out of 5 stars This is a must have!
I purchased this product because I am on vacation in Hawaii, and unfortunately I had to purchase it from a camera store instead of Amazon. With that said I still would like to share my opinions on the product to help anyone who is unsure if this is a good product for them.

Published 17 months ago by Connor Brady

3.0 out of 5 stars 50/50
Published 13 months ago by JP

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a must have!, July 22, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Anti-Fog Inserts (Electronics)

Why would you need this product? If you have ever owned a underwater camera which gets foggy (this is what happened to me) then it will work great for you. Basically, what happens: Your Go Pro can get hot while the weather outside is still cold. This creates a little fog on the lens causing fog or condensation which can ruin your video and photos.

I had my camera sitting in the Hawaiian sun for hours then jumped in to a 65 degree cold fresh water spring. Typically this would cause fog on the inside of the case, but luckily the inserts were inside and prevented this from happening.

All in all for the price you are better safe than sorry by using this product with your Go Pro!

As a side note: I use this in both my Hero 3 and Hero 1 cases and it works. Just because it is a hero 3 insert doesn't mean you only have to use it for that camera.

Also, an important note. You can use these multiple times you just put them in the oven for 5 minutes at 300 degrees to dry them out. So dont think you can only use them once! Make sure to get your moneys worth!!!

All in all, I recommend this product and would definitely purchase it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Leave Home Without Them, January 2, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Anti-Fog Inserts (Electronics)
I have 4 GoPro cameras for professional use. Two original Hero HDs and two Hero 2s with WiFi. All have the flat lens dive housings so that whether I'm filming underwater or topside on terrafirma I won't have an issue with sharp focus if they are used in the water. All my waterproof cases have two of these inserts and I rotate fresh ones for each day's filming. The desiccant embedded in the paper has a very limited capacity for moisture absorption so I regenerate these often. Last thing you want to do is get that once in a lifetime money shot and have a foggy lens. Condensation can occur in the waterproof housing even on a hot sunny day so using these all the time is a wise decision.

I don't bother with regenerating these in the oven. Mainly because if you have a gas-fired oven the combustion from the burner is creating moisture as a by-product which makes the process less efficient for drying the inserts. I use a 100-150 watt light bulb in one of those clamp-on reflectors pointed up towards the ceiling. I lay a loose piece of aluminum foil over the light reflector and then set the inserts and the included Humidity Monitor strip (the thing with the circle) on the foil. I'll let these heat and dry for a half hour and then seal them in a ziplock snack bag. If you have any of those small desiccant packages you find in packing materials for various products you can also regenerate that little package at the same time and put them inside the ziplock bag to help keep your inserts dry and fresh when you have to open the bag to swap out inserts. DO NOT place the USED inserts back in your baggie that contains DRY inserts. I know that may seem obvious but.....

Watch the Humidity Monitor card in your bag and when the color inside the circle turns PINK then you need to regenerate everything in the baggie, including the Monitor swatch. Just opening and closing the baggie puts moisture from the air in there and eventually the inserts lose their effectiveness.

3.0 out of 5 stars 50/50, November 10, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Anti-Fog Inserts (Electronics)
I am split 50/50 on this product. I used it on my GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition and on some days it worked perfectly and on other days it did not work. Looked on Google and Youtube for help when inserting the fog inserts therefore I am sure that I put them in the best locations. On one snorkling trip no fog which was great but on a walking trip to the beach and then some swimming caused it to fog. Therefore it worked half the time even though new fog inserts were used.

4.0 out of 5 stars Must have for winter and summer, March 11, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Anti-Fog Inserts (Electronics)
If you use a GoPro for any extended period of time this item is a must have. These work well, fit in camera housing well and can be reused. I'm not certain why they cost as much as they do but they are a must have to prevent lens fogging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product; very useful!, December 11, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Anti-Fog Inserts (Electronics)
I use these for underwater shooting, in <40 deg F water temps and air temps and these work perfectly. Prior to using the inserts, I started having severe fogging issues inside the sealed GoPro housing when temps started dropping into the low 60s. These inserts do the trick and I use 3 at a time as recommended. I've baked and re-used them time and again and they last through multiple openings of the housing to change batteries/memory cards in the camera. The little humidity monitor car that comes with these is useless. If I went by it's indicator areas, my inserts would never be "active" and would never work. It's unnecessary and inaccurate.

WORD OF CAUTION: Make sure that the way you position the inserts does NOT touch/interfere with the seal around the door; AT ALL. If it does, adjust them until it doesn't, because the case WILL leak (albeit slowly) otherwise and you will have fog (or water, if it's bad).

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, They Work To Prevent Fogging!, September 22, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Anti-Fog Inserts (Electronics)
Pretty simple. Insert a few of these into the camera housing, and it won't fog up. The original set lasted for a week of dives, and since they haven't failed yet and are in an airtight case, they might last one more dive, or one hundred more dives, I don't know yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work as well as promoted, January 30, 2014
Amazon Customer (Nottingham, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GoPro Anti-Fog Inserts (Electronics)
They work very nicely for preventing case fog-up. In my Hero3+ it took several tries before I found the correct spot between the camera and case, but works like a charm now.

4.0 out of 5 stars dry but dusty!, June 17, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Anti-Fog Inserts (Electronics)
Just need to be carefull, because these little things can fill the lens with white fine dust, but you can fix that just blowing them. They work nice to absorb humidity.

2.0 out of 5 stars Necessary evil?, March 15, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Anti-Fog Inserts (Electronics)
If you are a stickler for keeping your lens clean or the lens port of your housing clean these inserts are terrible. They generate a smudgy dust that coats the body of the camera, LCD screen and interior of the housing. They are fragile and are easily deformed when closing the housing and that appears to release even more dust. But if you are diving in relatively cool water these could prevent fogging . They worked to prevent fogging in Crystal River, FL and Paradise Springs, FL where the waters are about 71 degrees. This product really needs to be improved. I'm going to try the off brand next for comparison.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, October 9, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Anti-Fog Inserts (Electronics)
The product works just as it was described.
No complaints. Used it once and it is working just fine.
Thanks,