Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "GoPro LCD Bacpac" and save 7% off the $79.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
GoPro LCD Bacpac
|Price:||$104.98 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Framing complex scenes, see what you are shooting
- Playback video and photos directly on your HD HERO camera
- Simple one button design allows for easy on/off and playback control
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||1.18 x 0.2 x 1.57 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.81 pounds|
From the Manufacturer
NOTE: Original HD HERO owners may require a firmware upgrade.
Top Customer Reviews
When you buy accessories for a specialty item, you tend to pay more as well.
So, no strikes on the price. I knew what I was getting and the cost is fair.
The Key benefits
1. You CAN see what you are aiming it. Get the right shot, the first time.
2. It allows full text viewing of all your menu items instead of the cryptic lettering on the front
3. You can set the auto-off. It will go off after XX seconds and not use battery after.
4. You get a a bunch of housings, that if bought separately would be nearly the cost of the LCD.
Used it on a snowmobile ride recently where branches and other assorted issues cause the top helmet mount to be out of wack. Super easy to turn on the LCD, repoint the camera, and turn it off again. Worth its weight in gold for on-the-fly adjustments without having to pull the card or rig up some external viewer. Worth every cent if you do sports that leave the camera exposed or with the potential to not get the right framing.
1. Can be hard to see in overly bright days.
No strikes due to this for me. I can still see it well enough, it does it's job.
What I really like about it is that the menu system displays now on the BacPac LCD in real words instead of only those cryptic letters on the front LCD screen That is a big plus in my opinion!
As far as battery life, the screen can easily be shut off in order to conserve battery life.
I really do like the flexibility of now being able to view pictures and videos immediately instead of having to wait to access a computer. This can make a BIG difference between getting the shot you are looking for instead of a shot of the sky or ground!
As a final comment, make sure you install the new firmware BEFORE trying to use the BacPak. Instructions are easy to follow and are available on [...]
As a note to a lot of the LCD's not working, or having a black/blank screen with only sound, etc., you must follow these steps exactly for the HERO2 version:
1. Update your you Hero2 to v70
2. Oonce updated, power off and on the Hero2
3. while pressing down on the LCD Bacpac power button, connect it to the Hero2 until you see the menu screen on the LCD display turn on(approx 3-5 seconds), then release the power button. DO NOT LET GO OF THE LCD BACKPAC POWER BUTTON UNTIL IT IS FULLY CONNECTED TO THE HERO2 AND WHEN YOU SEE THE START MENU APPEAR.
4. You should only have to do these steps once, but if the screen starts to have problems again, repeat these steps.
Good points , GoPro does give you new back cases for the increase is size, I find that the best use is to see where you are filming than turn off the LCD to save power.
I use the GoPro HD on my Motorcycle & inside my car, so the LCD may be be more useful depending on how you use it.
I bought one and after a few uses the LCD would not turn on. I was not using the camera or lcd where there is any impact or much vibration in the camera, nor am I using it underwater, but I always used the protective case. I got a new one. It stopped working after a few light uses as well.
After some trial and error and the firmware update not working the first time, I figured out how to get it to work again.
First, if you have not updated the firmware...
1. Update the firmware: [...]
Make sure your camera is HD HERO2:
b. Disconnected from the computer
c. With the SD card inserted
d. With the battery fully charged
2a) Once successfully installed, close the program "CineForm Studio"
3a) Turn on your camera HD HERO2
4a) If your camera or your SD card has not been used before, make a small photo or video.
5a) Connect your camera to your HD HERO2 computer with a USB cable.
6a) Open the "CineForm Studio".
7a) If an update is available, a dialog box will appear - click "Update" (Update).
8a) The "CineForm Studio" that update automatically download and install it on your camera HERO2 HD camera.
After updating the firmware...
2. With the LCD BacPac not attached to the camera, turn the camera power on.
3. Press and hold the LCD power button (the only button on the LCD BacPac.
4. While holding down the button on the LCD BacPac, attach the BacPac to the Camera. (LCD should start working with a menu screen, but the camera may not want to respond to button commands - mine didn't)
5. Turn the camera off (with LCD attached)
6. Turn the camera back on (with LCD attached).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
it is nice enough however in direct sunlight it is not that good, however you can still view what you are pointing and what you are getting recorded.Published 1 month ago by Moises Garcia Rojas
This isn't the right LCD backing for my GOPRO Hero model number HWBL1. The camera is bigger than the housing and there's not a groove or otherwise to fit it into. Read morePublished 3 months ago by R. Straw
can anyone give me feedback on this: I can play back the video and I keep hitting the sound button to increase the sound but there is no sound. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Works with older models. Eats up battery life if you have it on but i use it mostly for review and correct positioning instead of playing the guessing game...Published 4 months ago by Caitlin
works great for the old cameras, but now most have a screen on them. adds some bulkPublished 4 months ago by Kody