4.0 out of 5 stars A must have addition
Published 19 months ago by TonyTheGoodTimeBoy

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in theory, terrible implementation
The GoPro WiFi remote is a fantastic gadget that was implemented horribly.
The device itself works extremely well, but the battery life is horrible. It will outlast a single GoPro camera battery, but not two.

Published 12 months ago by Aaron Carr

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in theory, terrible implementation, January 15, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Wi-Fi Remote (Electronics)
The GoPro WiFi remote is a fantastic gadget that was implemented horribly.

Even worse is that unlike the camera, it does not have a removable battery so that you cannot bring the spare batteries you know you'll be needing, and to just kick you in the balls one last time, the connector to recharge the remote is proprietary. WTF?!?!?!?

You couldn't make it micro USB, mini USB, or standard USB? Someone @ GoPro should lose their job over that decision. That was just plain dumb and shows a serious lack of foresight.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have addition, July 6, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Wi-Fi Remote (Electronics)
If you have an older GoPro cam that didn't come w/ wifi, you need this and the wifi backpack. I used to use my GoPro for in-cockpit footage but used start the camera recording before I took off and let run until I could land then edit the huge file when I got home. Fumbling with the camera to make sure I had it running was a pain and sometimes when I thought it was running, it wasn't and didn't realize it until I got home and found no files on the camera.
This remote (coupled w/ the wifi backpack) is great. I put the remote on a key lanyard that I wear around my neck. The remote can turn on the camera and start and stop just by pushing the button. The lcd screen shows you if it is recording and shows the status of the recording. No more fumbing and hoping the cam is still on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves time and batteries., September 29, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Wi-Fi Remote (Electronics)
My Go-Pro Hero 3 camera is mounted upside down, under the front end of my ATV. Early on I realized my camera battery would run down too soon because it was so hard to get to the camera to turn it off each time we stopped and took a break from riding. With my new remote I can turn the camera on and off very easily. My camera battery will last a lot longer now. Only during actual recording will my camera be on. Note: The camera Wi-Fi must stay on at all times if controlled by the remote. But the Wi-Fi will run for 24 hours and only use 1 of 3 bars of the battery charge. I did an actual test on this. 24 hours with no recording, but active Wi-Fi.

4.0 out of 5 stars WiFi Remote, April 19, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Wi-Fi Remote (Electronics)
Gave this a test last weekend. Worked really well and easy to use whilst on the move.
The WiFi worked in all areas I travelled during the day.
Only down side is the WiFi battery does not appear to hold its charge as long as the camera does.
Good product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product!, September 6, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Wi-Fi Remote (Electronics)
Great product but the battery runs out fairly quickly. I am very happy with it in the end though, thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have, November 23, 2012
This review is from: GoPro Wi-Fi Remote (Electronics)
I have the Hero 3 silver addition The remote is fantastic !!! It was great setting my little Hero 3 on the shelf and turn on the camcorder when something funny happen at Thanksgiving !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars work great, April 1, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Wi-Fi Remote (Electronics)
Kind of spendy I thought but well worth it. You can hear the beep on the camera just fine to let you know it's recording on your head . A little trouble charging it up but now I know to take it off the usb port and shut it off before shutting my computer down. Otherwise it will discharge on you again. One less star but I love it. Wish it came with a strap to put on my arm and not in my pocket .

5.0 out of 5 stars Yupppppppp!, October 5, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Wi-Fi Remote (Electronics)
I love it! Makes filming so much easier. Must have if you have a hero gopro. You won't regret it!

4.0 out of 5 stars good for me, September 18, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Wi-Fi Remote (Electronics)
Works great. use it on the handlebars of my harley and can turn it on and off with ease. which is very important as the remote battery will not last the day. the only down side to it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Go Pro Remote won't hold a charge., October 10, 2013
Timothy Adams (Oklahoma City, OK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GoPro Wi-Fi Remote (Electronics)
Won't hold a charge. Contacted Go Pro and waiting for answer. Will report when I hear back from them. Disappointed so far.

Heard back from Go PRo. They told me to charge it on another USB connection. I tied it and it still won't hold a charge more than few minutes. So it was a waste of Money. Sorry ass customer service too. If I had kept all the packaging it would have gone back along with the camera and all the other expensive Go Pro stuff I bought from Amazon. Trash....

GoPro Wi-Fi Remote