Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: GoPro Wi-Fi Remote (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 15, 2014
The GoPro WiFi remote is a fantastic gadget that was implemented horribly.
The device itself works extremely well, but the battery life is horrible. It will outlast a single GoPro camera battery, but not two.

Even worse is that unlike the camera, it does not have a removable battery so that you cannot bring the spare batteries you know you'll be needing, and to just kick you in the balls one last time, the connector to recharge the remote is proprietary. WTF?!?!?!?

You couldn't make it micro USB, mini USB, or standard USB? Someone @ GoPro should lose their job over that decision. That was just plain dumb and shows a serious lack of foresight.
88 comments|80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2013
If you have an older GoPro cam that didn't come w/ wifi, you need this and the wifi backpack. I used to use my GoPro for in-cockpit footage but used start the camera recording before I took off and let run until I could land then edit the huge file when I got home. Fumbling with the camera to make sure I had it running was a pain and sometimes when I thought it was running, it wasn't and didn't realize it until I got home and found no files on the camera.
This remote (coupled w/ the wifi backpack) is great. I put the remote on a key lanyard that I wear around my neck. The remote can turn on the camera and start and stop just by pushing the button. The lcd screen shows you if it is recording and shows the status of the recording. No more fumbing and hoping the cam is still on.
on April 19, 2013
Gave this a test last weekend. Worked really well and easy to use whilst on the move.
The WiFi worked in all areas I travelled during the day.
Only down side is the WiFi battery does not appear to hold its charge as long as the camera does.
Good product.
on September 29, 2013
My Go-Pro Hero 3 camera is mounted upside down, under the front end of my ATV. Early on I realized my camera battery would run down too soon because it was so hard to get to the camera to turn it off each time we stopped and took a break from riding. With my new remote I can turn the camera on and off very easily. My camera battery will last a lot longer now. Only during actual recording will my camera be on. Note: The camera Wi-Fi must stay on at all times if controlled by the remote. But the Wi-Fi will run for 24 hours and only use 1 of 3 bars of the battery charge. I did an actual test on this. 24 hours with no recording, but active Wi-Fi.
on April 1, 2013
Kind of spendy I thought but well worth it. You can hear the beep on the camera just fine to let you know it's recording on your head . A little trouble charging it up but now I know to take it off the usb port and shut it off before shutting my computer down. Otherwise it will discharge on you again. One less star but I love it. Wish it came with a strap to put on my arm and not in my pocket .
on October 10, 2013
Won't hold a charge. Contacted Go Pro and waiting for answer. Will report when I hear back from them. Disappointed so far.

Heard back from Go PRo. They told me to charge it on another USB connection. I tied it and it still won't hold a charge more than few minutes. So it was a waste of Money. Sorry ass customer service too. If I had kept all the packaging it would have gone back along with the camera and all the other expensive Go Pro stuff I bought from Amazon. Trash....
on November 23, 2012
I have the Hero 3 silver addition The remote is fantastic !!! It was great setting my little Hero 3 on the shelf and turn on the camcorder when something funny happen at Thanksgiving !!!
on September 6, 2013
Great product but the battery runs out fairly quickly. I am very happy with it in the end though, thanks!
on October 5, 2013
I love it! Makes filming so much easier. Must have if you have a hero gopro. You won't regret it!
on April 1, 2014
This remote worked fine, and seems durable, but the battery life sucks! It barely lasted longer than an hour or so. Unacceptable. Really didn't want to have to send this back, but with that crappy of a battery life it's of no use to me. Also, it doesn't even come with the pictured wrist strap, you have to order it separately for around $10, which I think is ridiculous.