Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

Color: White|Size: one size|Change

on June 30, 2014
Taking off a full 2 stars for instructions on how to attach the mounts - there are none. I can see why some reviewers experienced lost GoPros (I'm using them with my Sony AS100V) if they just slapped them on their board and hit the waves. You need to clean the boards and let the adhesive cure for 24 hours. I knew to look because I saw the reviews about lost cams and checked GoPros website for instructions (also found a you-tube video). Still, how can they package these mounts without including instructions?

On the other side, there is no way I'm trusting $250+ worth of equipment to two adhesives so those burned reviews have to take some blame. I couldn't get a floaty ($20) in time so I tie-wrapped a piece of Styrofoam to my cam before I went in the water. Not taking any chances. Does it look cheap? Yes. Does it work? Oh yeah. Better to have it and not need it than not have it and have $250 swallowed by the ocean.
on September 7, 2012
Not much to say other than the mounts work great. Easy to apply & they've held up to some impressive wakeboarding wipe outs.
on January 2, 2014
I recently mounted these on my snowboard for a snowboard trip to VT and they did not last long. All four mounts popped off very quickly and were lost in the snow - thankfully I did not have my GoPro mounted at the time. I will not fault GoPro for this since these are marketed as surfboard mounts and maybe the adhesive works better on on a surfboard.

Just wanted to pass along my experience to anyone out these thinking of using these for a snowboard.
on May 12, 2013
So far, no issues with these mounts. From County Line, Ventura and Oxnard, to the Central coast; so far, not one mount has dislodged. I'll update after summer once we start our northern swell if there are any issues, but so far, no probs.

PS: On my winter boards I also placed a sheet of fiberglass and resin over the mounts with the slot for the camera left open. If I encounter any waves that rip it off, I'd be hard pressed to blame the mount as having them glassed in would mean the wave is just that gnarly. I truly believe the nose will break off before the mount does. If you don't want to go through the trouble of glassing in the mount, a little Solar-Rez overlapping the mount to the board should provide a little extra protection. Just be sure to sand a rough surface on both the board and mount before you do.

Update: With over a year using these mounts I have not had one come off (I have a variety of boards in my quiver from 9'6" to 5'8"). During the winter in overhead and double overhead surf I did have the buckle break three times and once the housing broke where the buckle screws in, but the mounts held every time and since the camera was tethered I didn't lose it.

**** These mounts only work on fiberglass & epoxy boards.
If you are planning on putting these on a soft-top or vinyl (liquid shredder) board, THE MOUNTS WILL NOT HOLD ****
on December 29, 2014
It works perfectly, but just remember to put it on a surface that is as flat as possible (not always easy on surfboards). Some common sense (but it may be useful for you) : try to get more than 2/3 of the stickers to actually stick to the board & wait at least 10-15 minutes before going in the water (a friend put it on and went in the water 5-10min afterwards, then lost it...). I already used it this way on 2 boards (closer to half of the mount sticking to the board actually) and never lost the mount nor the camera :)
on March 24, 2014
I had to find instructions on-line for how to properly install the mounts but once I did and I applied them they worked fine and are still on the board. Have yet to use in larger than chest high surf.
on April 9, 2014
My son has used these on both his surfboard and skim board. The seem sturdy and have stayed securely attached. The "back-up" security mechanism provides some added comfort that the $300 GoPro camera will not be lost in the Gulf of Mexico. By the way, once you attached this item, do not plan to remove it and use it on another piece of equipment. Just buy several mounts and keep them attached to the equipment.
on March 5, 2015
These mounts are awesome! Took it out all for about 4 hours of surfing. They stayed on perfectly. For piece of mind, I recommend getting the floaty to attatch to the back of your gopro. Although these do have a tether, the little chord can snap if your gopro gets caught in kelp.
on April 11, 2016
I purchased these to mount the GoPro on my kayak, using one for the bow and one for the stern. They don't totally conform to the curved surfaces near the ends of the boat (about 5% of the outside edges), but the mounting adhesive seems really strong. The safety leash mount is a great idea.
on November 7, 2015
Super sticky. Clean your board first so there is no wax. Wont work if you have eva pads or anything that's not actual surfboard to mount them too. Don't really understand the safety thread. Anything strong enough to rip off the big round circle is going to break the string. Shipping two is a good touch.